shape
carat
color
clarity

I've totally been holding out on you guys (PICS!)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK, I'm on a mission to inflict eye candy on everyone here. I finally (re)got a decent camera. Most of my pearls were acquired whilst I only had my awful cellphone camera. So, I'm going to bombard y'all with a bunch of pics of everything pearl in my jewelry box. I know there's several I haven't mentioned at all, possibly since I mayyyyy have been a wee bit embarrassed at the ridiculous number of pearls I've ended up with over about a year (!) which I'm sure nobody here can relate to :tongue: right?

Anyway, let's start the madness with an overview of The Jewelry "Box" of Doom, a.k.a., a safe place for me to pile jewelry and not damage it. (Boy does my husband know me well or what, he brought me this nice padded box for me to pile in.) and a couple of pics of the pearls living happily in a pile together. Which I shouldn't do, but do anyway.

lgkscarypileofpearls1.jpg

lgkscarypileofpearls2.jpg

lgkscarypileofpearls3.jpg

lgkmorestuff3.jpg

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
OMG!

*dies*
*comes back from dead*

More details on that Tahitian strand on the right that seems to include a very large, grey pearl? That's beautiful.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
First holdout: this is an AAA Tahitian strand from FF, bought in the summer just before she went AWOL. Glad I got it, it's perfect for me. Very cool toned, with the center as a 10.2mm teal pearl, and a lot of purples and teals and stuff. I'll post my two favorites from the strand by themselves; my most favorite is the one that has a halo of purple overtone with a halo of teal bluegreen overtone floating inside it. It's neat :tongue: There are a few small blemishes on a couple of pearls, the lustre is great, and the roundness is, well, round. And the colors/overtones/orient are awesome. I wear this one a lot. I have it strung just a bit looser than choker length on me, probably 14 in or so. The clasp is an antique sterling filigree one. They need restringing badly, too.

aaaffset1.jpg

aaaffset2.jpg

aaaffset3.jpg

aaaffset.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
More of the AAA strand.

aaaffset5.jpg

aaaffset6.jpg

aaaffset7.jpg

aaaffset8.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the monster baroque set I got from FF in the spring. The center pearl is somewhere a bit over 16mm, and the others are similarly ginormous. The center pearl is my least favorite in the strand; it just isn't as cool as the rest of them, but try as I might I didn't like any of the other arrangements sans the gobstopper that's currently in the middle. (Hence my recent purchase of random loose Tahitians, which has proved fruitless for fixing this strand.) However, it blends a lot better when it's actually *on* and not just sitting out, for whatever reason, so I'm probably being weird and picky.

Whitehotblank, I think this is the one you wanted some closeups of. Don't you worry, there will be *plenty"- the light outside was perfect for taking pics of pearls, so I went for it, lol. Anyway thanks :bigsmile: this is the strand I wear the most actually, I love it. It's strung pretty short too, 14" again I think.

ffbaroques1.jpg

ffbaroques2.jpg

ffbaroques3.jpg

ffbaroques13.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure some of these are kind of redundant but it's slow at work today, haha.

ffbaroques5.jpg

ffbaroques6.jpg

ffbaroques7.jpg

ffbaroques8.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
And yet more... the strand has pretty good lustre, not top notch but for hugemongous pearls I'm happy with it. And the colors/orient/overtones are lovely IMO. Definitely blemished but not distractingly.

ffbaroques9.jpg

ffbaroques10.jpg

ffbaroques11.jpg

ffbaroques12.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
FF earrings, I think the pearls are somewhere around 11 or 12mm, dark green with strong purple overtones, with great lustre, and some blemishing. The metalwork & pave diamonds are pretty well done- not perfect quality diamonds but any diamonds stuck under my long hair are not going to look their best anyway.

ffearring1.jpg

ffearring2.jpg

ffearring3.jpg

ffearring4.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Smaller (10.5ish mm, IIRC) semi baroque strand from FF (my first one from FF that started the insanity) classic Tahitian color of dark emerald green with strong magenta overtones. Awesome super great lustre, very lightly blemished, and one I love to layer with others or wear as a bracelet by twining it around and around itself so it looks like a big twist bracelet. Check out the number I did on the clasp! :oops: Wow. I mangle stuff. (I'm murder on the smaller size of ball clasp, this one is not the only victim.) It's longer than most all of my other strands- 18".

ffsmallbaroques1.jpg

ffsmallbaroques2.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK more holdouts. First, the white ones. The necklace is a TPO deal-of-the-month one, my very first pearl purchase ever. It was one level below their gem quality I'm pretty sure, 10mm I think, with rose overtones. 18in. I don't wear it a ton, but when I do it's the absolute perfect thing- very classic. The bracelet is a PP Freshadama 8 or 9mm, can't remember which, and I can barely tell a difference between them- the Freshadama may be a teeny bit rounder, with a tiny bit better lustre, but the whiteness puts me off a bit. I much prefer the soft rose tone of the TPO necklace. The Freshadama bracelet is also supposed to be rose overtone, but is much much whiter.

Second, a PP metallic Freshadama necklace. 18in silver rose metallic 8.5mm. Lustre is, well, metallic and very intense, obviously. The color is not my fave- it looks oddly flesh-toned on. Not terribly round. Frankly I probably ought to have returned it but I got it soaking wet immediately (clever!) and stretched it accidentally, so I felt too retarded to ask about returning it after effing it up. Ooops. :oops: I've never worn it as a necklace to be honest- I wear it twisted around my wrist as a bracelet.

ppmetallics1.jpg

ppmetallics2.jpg

ppandposet1.jpg

ppandposet2.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the dark cool lavender-blue freshwater strand from Pearllunar. It is another fairly short strand, 14" probably, with the center pearls around 10.5mm. They're off round for sure, a bit buttony in shape, with good but not fantasic lustre. The color is a knockout though- most lavender freshwaters are too warm toned for me, but this one is perfect, a very intense lavender-blue. The clasp is an antique rhinestone one, which I replaced the rhinestones on with A/B Swarovskis to match the necklace.

And that's it. Except for a totally gratuitous picture of an antique earring, c.1890s, set with a central OMC of unknown size (the bezel covers a LOT of the stone, so no clue how big it actually is... I'd guess somewhere between .80 and .90 cts though.) Sterling filigree. They had a lovely tarnished finish, but the last jeweler to work on them (took THREE tries to get the posts actually wearable) took it upon themselves to dip them and clean them to bright freaking white. I am glad they'll retarnish eventually....

purplefreshies1.jpg

purplefreshies2.jpg

purplefreshies3.jpg

lgkearring2.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great photos LGK, Iove your tahitian strands. I don't like peachy coloured pearls that much as well, and these don't look very freshadama quality to me, maybe you can take it apart and mix it with other pearls to make a long rope?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Excuse Me, while I take a minute to roll my tongue back up into my mouth! :tongue:

I am in LOVE with those Tahitian drops! :love:

Your whole collection is TOO lovely! It is a shame FF bombed out on us, she obviously had access to good stuff before she went wonky.

Actually, I think you may actually have TOO many pearls, and they are becoming a burden to you. As a service to you, LGK, I would like to offer my new PRP. Pearl Relief Program. I will gladly take in your troublesome pearls and re-home them.

No charge!
:lol: :lol:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great collection LGK :appl: Your pictures show them off well. I believe you can never have to many pearls. :mrgreen:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the first picture with them together in the box!

MoZo

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1289006290|2756436 said:
Great photos LGK, Iove your tahitian strands. I don't like peachy coloured pearls that much as well, and these don't look very freshadama quality to me, maybe you can take it apart and mix it with other pearls to make a long rope?
I like this idea Lovinggems! I had thought about turning it into a 2 strand bracelet, but it might be more fun to mix with some other random pearls instead. Hmmmmmmmm. Anything to make it a bit more wearable. I agree about the quality- when I first saw it, it reminded me very strongly of a Pearllunar $80ish strand, albeit with better lustre. (And what's more, I think the picture actually flatters them a bit too.)

iLander, you are a good helper :tongue: selflessly offering to adopt any homeless, unloved pearls! Haha :bigsmile: I'll go ask any of them if they feel neglected :rodent:

Thanks MovieZombie & 4RanchGirl. I couldn't resist playing with my "new" camera now that I finally have one. Of course this means the old one will turn up any minute...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Swoon! love them all!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK your pearls are fabulous!

It is - ironically enough - the PP metalics strand that *sings* to me loudest - tahitians look nice on other people but not on me! I'm liking the colour on that TPO strand, too :love:

And I LOVE the gratuitous earring :sun: I have an antique OMC brooch that also has a lovely tarnish, but it's partly copper and I'm going over it with a toothpick and silver polish trying to get the copper nice and shiny but keep the silver as it is :rolleyes:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1289010266|2756491 said:

Excuse Me, while I take a minute to roll my tongue back up into my mouth! :tongue:

Your whole collection is TOO lovely! It is a shame FF bombed out on us, she obviously had access to good stuff before she went wonky.

Actually, I think you may actually have TOO many pearls, and they are becoming a burden to you. As a service to you, LGK, I would like to offer my new PRP. Pearl Relief Program. I will gladly take in your troublesome pearls and re-home them.

No charge!

You are too funny!

I like the idea of making a rope too. What a FABULOUS collection! Those tahitains are just stunning. (sigh) Elana really did have some fabulous pearls. I digress. ....and I would love to rummage through your jewelry box. You look to have a stunning collection and that earring is gorgeous. Do you only have one? I am think "Pearl Enhancer"!! :twisted:

nypearlgirl

Rough_Rock
The tahitian pearls are gorgeous! where did you get 'em??? i am sure you can matched the tahitian pearls with almost any sophiscated outfits.

post more pictures!! they are amazing pearl!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
LGK, I love your pearls! I have been lusting after some of the dark emerald toned strands and the lavender string speaks to me but at risk of having things thrown at me here in pearl paradise I think you are a bit of a tease showing glimpses of my tru loves (diamond watches) is that one with a pearl band???? and is that a bar pin up towards the top on it's side????? OMG! I think you need to share some more please and just so you know I am all for gratuitous shots of vintage danglies. Keep em coming, You have a beautiful collection!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1289186465|2758030 said:
iLander|1289010266|2756491 said:

No charge!

You are too funny!

I like the idea of making a rope too. What a FABULOUS collection! Those tahitains are just stunning. (sigh) Elana really did have some fabulous pearls. I digress. ....and I would love to rummage through your jewelry box. You look to have a stunning collection and that earring is gorgeous. Do you only have one? I am think "Pearl Enhancer"!! :twisted:
CCN, I have two of the earrings actually. And for a brief moment of madness, the thought of an enhancer crossed my mind too, lol. Fortunately it was brief- I really do love them as earrings, but I don't get to see and admire them when they're on my ears!

The tahitian pearls are gorgeous! where did you get 'em??? i am sure you can matched the tahitian pearls with almost any sophiscated outfits. post more pictures!! they are amazing pearl!

Most of the Tahitian pearls are from the now-defunct Future Fashionista website, unfortunately. Well, the site is still up but apparently nobody's minding the store and they're still taking people's $$$, which is reallllly not good. It's a bummer since they had some great stuff IMO.

Sophisticated? Heh. Not me so much, though maybe I could pretend that the pearls make my combat boots sophisticated by default :tongue: Right? Lol! (My sense of style's a bit... offbeat... shall we say. But pearls go with *anything*.)

LGK, I love your pearls! I have been lusting after some of the dark emerald toned strands and the lavender string speaks to me but at risk of having things thrown at me here in pearl paradise I think you are a bit of a tease showing glimpses of my tru loves (diamond watches) is that one with a pearl band???? and is that a bar pin up towards the top on it's side????? OMG! I think you need to share some more please and just so you know I am all for gratuitous shots of vintage danglies. Keep em coming, You have a beautiful collection!

Oooh, yes the dark emerald toned Tahitians are just utterly classic- pretty much perfect. I wear mine quite a bit, especially layered with some of the other strands. Totally recommended! Also I think that particular look is a smidge easier to find than some of the other types of strands since it's a pretty popular look, which doesn't hurt.

I do have a ton of antique watches- I bought most of them off eBay maybe 5? years ago, when they were quite affordable. They've gone up a *lot* pretty much everywhere since then, so I only occasionally add another to the collection... I much prefer them to modern watches on me- plus, quartz watches don't keep time on me, and the manual ones do, so that's a bonus! Yep, good eye- that's a bar pin- nothing too fantabulous, but it's a pretty filigree with a tiny OEC & some synthetic sapphires; it was like $50 so I adopted it. (It looked lonely!)

I'm home sick (blah) and so I would be happy to oblige some more pics.. I'm bored out of my gourd after three days of it- probably just of the non-pearl stuff tonight, since the light in my house is purely crap for taking pics of pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love winding watches! I have one on now, that I bought some time in the '80's. It's 14K, from the 1940's, with a tiny little face and it was on the worst, nasty, old gold tone band. I paid, I think, $40 for it. I recently decided to do something about it, and took the old band off and replaced it with white FW pearls. It's like yours, it's really cute.

I like that it has to be wound, somehow I feel more in control of my life.

Delusion, I know . . . :twirl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
LGK, you have quite a nice collection. My eyes were drawn towards the deep bluish lavender strand. I love that color, kind of hard to find.

iLander|1289361410|2759746 said:
I love winding watches! I have one on now, that I bought some time in the '80's. It's 14K, from the 1940's, with a tiny little face and it was on the worst, nasty, old gold tone band. I paid, I think, $40 for it. I recently decided to do something about it, and took the old band off and replaced it with white FW pearls. It's like yours, it's really cute.

I like that it has to be wound, somehow I feel more in control of my life.

Delusion, I know . . . :twirl:

iLander, please post pictures. Hmmm...watches with pearl bands, very cool.

LGK: ok so I thought I already wrote a reply here...

But omg thank you for posting more pictures!!! They all look great... And I am STILL kicking myself for passing on the solid color metallics when they went on sale :( they are so pretty!! I love your collection too. You have a very well rounded collection :)

May I make a request?? A jumbley shot with multiple necklaces?? You have so much to choose from!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Lol, my computer hates my camera. I will post some more pics when I have some time with the work computer, it's just refusing to recognize my card reader, gah!

Bean, thanks :) I would be happy to. Yeah, I think the solid color metallics would look killer on someone with a bit darker/warmer skin than mine- they are really lovely pearls with amazing lustre.

With my strand of metallics that I'm kind of at a loss with, I am thinking after I fiddle with the metallic strand I'll give it to my mom; she would look great in it I think, but she likes more interesting jewelry and a simple pearl strand isn't really her thing, so I will probably add some keishis and some swarovskis, and that'll be more up her alley.

iLander, yes, pics of the pearl watch band please! I just restrung mine, again, for the fourth or fifth time. I'd love some inspiration pics as I'm not quite settled with it even yet :twirl: and I'd love to see someone else's!

HHPmom, the dark blue lavender *is* definitely oddly hard to find. If any vendor ever finds a good source for them, I'm sure they'd sell really well!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
(Hi LGK,--I just wanted to take you aside and say I read your post in my DIL thread (I really want that thread to fade away, it's just too emotional for me). My heart goes out to you, and I'm sorry that some people are just such a$$es. There really is nothing to be done with them, they are stuck that way. MY father is also a complete narcisist (sp?) never grew up. Your MIL is a cruel drama queen and a nasty b@#&h and you and your DH don't deserve that. :nono: )

For everybody else: I guess I will post pics of my pitiful little watch project some time soon.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful collection, outrageous actually, so beautiful,

Many thanks for sharing with us pearl lovers.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1290091428|2771226 said:
(Hi LGK,--I just wanted to take you aside and say I read your post in my DIL thread (I really want that thread to fade away, it's just too emotional for me). My heart goes out to you, and I'm sorry that some people are just such a$$es. There really is nothing to be done with them, they are stuck that way. MY father is also a complete narcisist (sp?) never grew up. Your MIL is a cruel drama queen and a nasty b@#&h and you and your DH don't deserve that. :nono: )

For everybody else: I guess I will post pics of my pitiful little watch project some time soon.

I just wanted you to know that I read that entire thread too. I am at a loss for words for your situation. Everyone had some great responses and not so great responses. I just don't know how people read into things the way that they do. Here you came for advise and people judged you and kicked you when your down. All I can say, it is your DIL's loss. I just hope that your son sees the light before she alienates all of his family and friends. Love is blind.......especially young love. I will be praying for the best outcome for your situation ILander. :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results