shape
carat
color
clarity

So my cat is turning into a magpie apparently...

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I thought you guys might appreciate this weirdness as it involves both pets and jewelry. So, my silly little Rat cat loves to develop new obnoxious habits every few months. Tonight I was getting in the bathroom washing my face and so forth, with Rat glued to my hip like usual. (We just shaved him- the cutesy clinginess might be mistaken by some for affection but it's really just that he's a tiny heat seeking missile, trying to convince me to let him sit on my shoulders, under my hair, and leech warmth.) I took my watch and my earrings off and started washing my face. Then I look down and realize, WTF? There's only one earring on the counter. I just set two down! I mean, I can be spacey with stuff but I knew I'd set both of them down not 30 seconds before.

I looked down and there's the itty bitty Rat, perched on the bathmat, looking up with the most gormlessly faux-innocent expression on his wee furface. With a lovely antique diamond earring dangling out of his mouth! :nono: He was totally trying to play it off like "What? ME? You wound me! :-o " But the earring in the mouth kind of killed the effect :roll: as you might imagine.

So I confiscated the earring, which definitely ticked him off, he was certain it was *his* new shiny toy and he'd stolen it fair and square. Started washing my face again. He bounced up to the sink and instead of begging for water like I thought he was going to, instead he filched my antique watch that I'd just taken off- just snatched it right up into his fangy little face, and tried to take off with it too! Gah!

I guess this explains the roving sterling earring that keeps turning up odd places. I thought I wasn't that disorganized! :lol:

This of course requires illustration. :rodent:

Attachments

• lgkearring1.bmp
    733.2 KB · Views: 455
  • naughtyratcat1.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 457
  • naughtyratcat2.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 456

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
LGK, I haven't laughed so hard in ages! Your furbaby's disdain is just hilarious. You just know your kitty is going to be bitching you out to his furry friends for this...

As always, it's a pleasure to see your sparklies. What I wouldn't give to play in your jewellery box!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's hilarious. My Hally learned to open the drawer in my jewelry box that contained all my dangly earrings. Needless to say I have NO matched pairs of dangly earrings at all, except two pairs that need repair (you can guess why).

Magpies indeed. Thank you for the late night laughs hon! The stink eye pics are hilarious.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
You too, Gypsy? Sounds like I should be grateful my step-kitty isn't so interested in my sparklies...

Are there pics of Hally in a thread somewhere?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL The look on his face is (almost) priceless but I feel your pain...I almost had a heart attack one day as one of our precious furbabies had my ER in his paws and was batting it about! They have a way of being attracted to the sparklies don't they! The thing is I keep my rings in a jewelry box my dh made for me (woodworking is a hobby of his) but the little monster managed to get the ring out. So now I keep the lid on the box!

Glad you rescued your earring LGK!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
My cat Sophie was like that. I found her stash under the broiler drawer one day. She took anything shiny-jewelry, aluminum foil, even a quarter.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats so funny!! The only thing Gracie has ever stolen was my tshirt which she dragged into her litter box. Just shows what she thinks of me!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely earring, cute cat (nice haircut :halo: ) but I don't think they go well together :bigsmile: But he does have great taste in jewelry.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Was it SillyBerry whose friend's cat was the suspect in her ring disappearance and reappearance in an odd place? At the time I thought that was an odd conjecture, but apparently likely! I think he is acting out against his recent shaving.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an awesome pic of the thief! Love the story too. :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You cat is such a cutie!

Lilgreykitten- did you pass thru London Heathrow in late Oct? There was a lady w/ a tattoo that looked exactly like yours about 10 spots in front of me, and i got a good look everytime she looped around and passed me. Her ring was a bezel type antique round, but i couldn't see that as well... was it you? :cheeky:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That look is priceless! LOL

I have a ring stealer. I use "his" windowsill when I take indoor shots of my rings, and as soon as I get everything laid out the way I want, the bugger hops up on the sill and starts batting away. He also thinks that noisily hopping atop my jewelry armoire every night at 3 am (opening both of the side cabinet doors while doing so) is the ONLY way we will let him sleep in the bed with us.

Cats are awesome, adorable jerks.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
What an adorable kitty!!! You shaved him too!! :love:

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
This is the cutest post! He does have quite a look of disdain on his face!! Why do you shave him? Does his fur get matted and tangled? I think my cats would probably freak out if I tried to do that to them.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Finally pried DH off the computer!

Anyway, glad to hear I'm not alone in having a weirdo jewelry stealing pet. Er, well, you know what I mean! The broiler?! Wow, that's pretty sneaky, nobody usually looks under there!

Rat gets shaved usually once or twice a year because he mats like craaaaazy. I swear he knits his fur up at night just to drive me batty. Try to go after him with scissors to fix the mats, and you may as well just donate a pint of your blood on the spot. My sister was like, oh you just don't know how to use the "mom clamp" (scruff) on him properly, and then tried to demonstrate and snip a few mats off. Haha. That went well. He only mangled her lightly.

Oddly he's totally passive at the groomers though. They are always like "Wow, what a sweet, easy to work with kitty! He's the best behaved kitty we've ever shaved!" It's not that he's well behaved. It's that he is so petrified, he's resigned to his death and has given up all hope. Post grooming, though, he actually loves being nekkid- he struts around like he's got a new suit on or something, it's ridiculous and adorable. He usually gets shaved in the spring but he matted really bad this autumn for some reason.

Fortekitty, sounds like you found my twin! :lol: Nope, wasn't me. I do know of a few other tattoo twins out there, but only black & white versions.

Cute, adorable jerks indeed. Oh yes. He just horked a hairball all over the hall, oh joy. Apparently he was saving that one up from before the shaving. :roll:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1289654792|2764268 said:
You too, Gypsy? Sounds like I should be grateful my step-kitty isn't so interested in my sparklies...

Are there pics of Hally in a thread somewhere?

Somewhere post 2.0 there is a picture of her. She looks angelic in it too if I recall-- i just did a search and didn't find it (where did who's who go??). I don't have any on this computer else I'd post one. But she's a demon. We're conviced that she has multiple personality disorder (one of those personalities being a Sith Lord), with a couple of her personalities being genius level smart. She out wits us entirely too often for comfort and then randomly will stare, fixated with a blank (dumb) look in her eyes at something for 10 minutes.

Gotta love the demons. Thanks again for this post. Laughed again and again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results