shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion cuts and price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Any advice or direction would be most appreciated. I am considering buying a cushion cut diamond ring set in a high quality allover micropave setting (LeonMege) that I believe alone is in the 7,000 range. (1.65total melee) The price of the ring is 37000. The stone is 2.03 carats. E Vs2 8.16 by 7.63 by 4.34 Good Good. GIA certified. The stone is an old cushion. I have read what people have posted about cushion's etc but do the prices of old cushions match those of new cushions? The stone looks like the classic cushion--I have looked around quite a bit and it seems the old stones commnad more or am I wrong? What do the experts think of the price?
thanks
WS

reena

Ideal_Rock
what is the carat weight, table and depth of the stone?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It seems that older cushions/old mine cuts are much cheaper than the modern brilliant cushion. You're paying more for cut quality.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
so--is this seriously overpriced??????????/

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/13/2004 9:43:24 AM windowshopper wrote:

so--is this seriously overpriced??????????/----------------

Well... This is a good Q: "Do prices of old mine cuts match the price of new cushion cuts ?"

Well, yes, when the OMC are labeled "cushion" or modern stones are cut like old ones! "Old mine" surely is a cut pattern that is done today.
2.gif

As far as I know the (trully) old stones are discounted because of their less precise cut or lesser brilliance, but there is no discount accross the board for anything resembling an old mine cut.

Also, those diamonds cut a few decades ago will be found in jewelry, of course. And diamonds sold bu private owner are usually discounted (same old reason why one will not get his money back if reselling a diamond). This does not apply to rematcable jewelry or whatever desirable sizes and grades of diamond... but that is yet another issue.

This is a Q for David Atlas, not me
2.gif

... but definitely one worth asking, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results