shape
carat
color
clarity

colors of autumn...and summer...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then I got some presents from Dana...

danatanz222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted to have a tanzanite. Just one. I have a small green one, which is a curious stone but not, really, fit for jewelry. I bought this stone from Dana and find it saturated and bright.

danatsav111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He also sent me some spessartines from Lloliondo. They are pretty neon-ish and orange, only our weather is not conducive to bringing out colors.

danaspes111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a 5.2 ct Lloliond spess. which is very neon-ish in nature. Some extinction but I know which setting will mask it. (Yes! Some can! I am going to experiment with Swala's spinel).

danaspes222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inside - the place where the light is not most stone-favorable but I think it looks OK...

danaspes555.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and a small trilliant... could have bought a larger one but this one matches another stone that I plan to buy to a T... could be an interesting ring if no one else buys the one I am eyeing
He sent me ohter stones that do not photograph well... they were not a match but will make either a very nice pair of earrings or a matching pendant and a ring. I shall post them later.

danaspes777.JPG

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi crasru! You have some nice ovals:) I like the color of the Tanzanite in particular :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love the tanzanite color too.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Very nice!

Good job on photographing them too - those yellow stones would have been a right pain. Enjoy the colour play in different lighting :D

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like the colour of the Tanzanite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous tanzanite; the colour is amazingly rich and blue. You’ve also got a very large and clean Loliondo too which is getting incredibly difficult to find, not to mention an entire suite.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Chictomato, Jewelfreak, Magenta, Oddoneout and Chrono!
Yes, the tanzanite is pretty bright! Nice color and nice stone. The Lloliondos... well, I have a soft spot for Spessartites, soon will have enough to make a necklace, I think. =). I am looking for really good jewelers, I think I have some ideas about settings, but everything is so expensive these days.

Magenta - what is the stone in your avatar? Fantastic cut...

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love that tanz! Pretty stones, Crasru! :))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Burberrygirl!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
crasru said:
The Lloliondos... well, I have a soft spot for Spessartites, soon will have enough to make a necklace, I think. =).
Magenta - what is the stone in your avatar? Fantastic cut...

That'll be one heck of a necklace!

The stone in my avator is another spess garnet - I've bumped my thread with another picture so you can see it set (again). :)

Looking at those pictures again is making me want a tanzanite. Must resist...must resist!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Magenta, I saw the thread and realized that I already saw the stone. I remembered the cut, I did not remember the vendor. Well, never hurts to repeat - fantastic stone!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
:love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!! I think you have more spessartites than anyone on PS now, don't you??? I have five, so you beat me.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tanzanite is really lovely. Do you have any plans for it?

I'm not a huge fan of Spess - even though I have a number(!) I never seem to wear them which is a real shame. Yours look to be very pretty though. Think I'm just not an orange type of person (apart from when the fake tan goes wrong of course). Are you planning to set these?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover said:
Very nice!! I think you have more spessartites than anyone on PS now, don't you??? I have five, so you beat me.

OK, TL, I think we have almost the same amount. I can imagine us sitting at a checkerboard playing checkers with our spessartites. :D

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD - thank you for your compliments! Yes, for a change, I decided to buy a tanzanite.

I do not have any specific plans, I know it has to be a pendant because of its softness. I still need to finish several other projects so I am (ha-ha!) saving my money...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results