shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do when the diamond buying is over???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious as to what people do after they are done purchasing their diamond(s). I''ve bought 5 total over the past 2 months, so I need to stop now
8.gif
I loved the process and experience, so I don''t know what to do with myself now. I guess part of it will be staying active on pricescope trying to help people and learning more!

I think my next project will be working on buying a house!

How about you? What do you do once the experience is over? Do you feel a little empty?

reena

Ideal_Rock
i feel ya, wonka--i feel sorta empty already and my ring isn't even done yet!
1.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't it terrible. I want to be independantly wealthy so I could buy diamonds all the time...lol!

Guess home buying will have to do. It certainly will take a lot of research and learning on my part, but I don't think it will be as fun as diamonds!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
....plan the wedding?
2.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
True on the wedding thing. But as far as I go, that is my g/f's inspiration. I will help her in anyway she wants so she gets what she wants, however, if it were up to me, it would quick, simple, and small.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I'm going BANANAS.
loopy.gif
loopy.gif
loopy.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

My plan is to buy one nice diamond item every year so the experience is never over, there's a fun new piece to look forward to, and my husband and I never go into debt over any purchase. I'm not sure what I plan to have made next, but am leaning toward a right hand ring made with melee h&a diamonds for this coming b-day in Dec.
9.gif

But for the record, a HOUSE is more important than a diamond. . .sounds like your priorities are straight there.
2.gif
We're about to upgrade our house to a bigger one with more yard and so a diamond upgrade is a long way off.

Michelle

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
You know...the one thing I was thinking of doing...and I think it would be pretty cool if I could pull it off...is buy one small diamond (.10-.20 ct.) each year we are married. Then, at like 10 year anniv. I could have something made for her. It is the mother of long projects, but I think it would be neat to have something literally from every year we are married put into a piece of jewelery.

The house is important. No doubt about it. It will take a lot of cleaning on my part though to make it sparkle like an awesome diamond
2.gif

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/30/2004 7:42:20 PM wonka27 wrote:

.. buy one small diamond (.10-.20 ct.) each year we are married. Then, at like 10 year anniv. I could have something made for her. It is the mother of long projects, but I think it would be neat to have something literally from every year we are married put into a piece of jewelery.

---------------

That is so romantic!
2.gif
Do you give husband lessons?
1.gif
11.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/30/2004 9:08:27 PM Skyblue wrote:

----------------
On 8/30/2004 7:42:20 PM wonka27 wrote:

.. buy one small diamond (.10-.20 ct.) each year we are married. Then, at like 10 year anniv. I could have something made for her. It is the mother of long projects, but I think it would be neat to have something literally from every year we are married put into a piece of jewelery.

---------------

That is so romantic!
2.gif
Do you give husband lessons?
1.gif
11.gif

----------------

Can I make money doing it????
naughty.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/30/2004 7:14:49 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

I'm going BANANAS.
loopy.gif
loopy.gif
loopy.gif
----------------

What she said.

That, and now I like to bore people with lots and lots of pictures. If you can't buy 'em, photograph 'em!
3.gif

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Welp, if you really enjoy searching and looking for diamonds, why don't you offer your services (free of charge, of course) to some of your friends who will be purchasing. I think if I knew someone who could have done this for me with this much knowledge, i.e. someone I already know and trust, I would have let them find my diamond. A lot of people just don't have this much time on their hands!
wink2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
buy gemstones :}
If your carefull you wont go broke as quick as with diamonds...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Buying a diamond is so exciting. You can really get a "high" from it.
But boy do you fall after.
Now what? Look at it???
2.gif
Live Life?
twirl.gif

Then there's the constant question-did I get the "best" one? Is it big enough? When can I upgrade.
errrr.gif

And more importantly:
"What's Next!"
3.gif
naughty.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/31/2004 8:14:52 AM strmrdr wrote:

----------------

I'm working on that one storm. There is a lot more to learn with gemstones though...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/31/2004 10:03:43 AM wonka27 wrote:

----------------
On 8/31/2004 8:14:52 AM strmrdr wrote:

----------------

I'm working on that one storm. There is a lot more to learn with gemstones though...----------------

Yea but admit it the learning is 99% of the fun :}

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonka,

I've been buying gemstones, too. They can get pricey, especially if you purchase really cool ones from a few sites I've run across that have interesting cut stones of exceptional quality
2.gif
hehehe, but still either way, even after the cost of mounting the stone, you can get a fairly decent rock for A LOT less than a diamond.

Michelle

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/31/2004 12:44:56 PM strmrdr wrote:

Yea but admit it the learning is 99% of the fun :}

----------------
Yes I would agree with that

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
You mean it has to stop some time??????
11.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about getting Richard Homer of Concavegems to recut a sapphire? That's what I am considering right now.

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
Well, I haven't posted in many months for that exact reason. I only came by as I was editing out my old favorites. We bought our diamond in December, and while I still adore it, the novelty has worn off.

These days you'll find me on a kitchen remodeling forum.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results