shape
carat
color
clarity

Post-Wedding Housekeeping Items: Bouquet

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
FI is now DH and I am a Mrs! Our wedding was last week and it was wonderful. Now, that we have recovered (we were exhausted afterwards), there are a number of items we have to attend to: bouquet preservation and thank you notes.

What did you all do with your bouquets? It seems like a shame to just throw it away.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your wedding! I was so torn on what to do with my bouquet too. Mine was largely orchids, which probably weren't going to stay well no matter what I did, from what I know... I left it in a vase while we went on the honeymoon and came home to the stems having rotted and a horrific smell, so sadly I ended up tossing it!

I'm sentimental about certain things, but hanging on to dead flowers I guess isn't one of them. I have plenty of beautiful pictues of it though!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

Sad to say, but I didn't preserve my bouquet. I loved it but I knew I wasn't going to have any attachment to it after our wedding. I didn't want to be the one to throw out my own bouquet though, so I asked my mom to do it when I wasn't around.

To be honest, I saw it as a dust magnet and it wasn't something I wanted to deal with on a regular basis. I've seen people preserve their bouquets and display them in some type of shadow box but it wasn't something I was interested in doing.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We gave our bouquets and a bunch of the centerpieces to friends who were trying to sell their condo. The flowers kept for over two weeks and the condo sold really quickly--I like to think our flowers helped!

I just wasn't interested in keeping a bunch of old flowers. What do you do with a preserved bouquet, anyway?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello there!

This whole planning/reception/post process has made me think I could have benefitted from a practice run (if I knew then what I know now). Thank you for reassuring me that I wasn't the only one who suddenly had a "crap, what do I do with my bouquet" moment. I am doing something a little different and maybe old-fashioned, I am going to preserve it. My planner sent out a message to her former brides about preservation services -- in an eerie turn of events--and I dropped mine off today. It is probably silly to preserve it, but I got sentimental about it. I will let my kids toss it out 50 years from now :wink2: .

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yeah mine has been hanging upside down in the guest bathroom for 336 days (we've been married 337). I don't know what to do with it! LOL. :sick: :cheeky:

Haven said:
We gave our bouquets and a bunch of the centerpieces to friends who were trying to sell their condo. The flowers kept for over two weeks and the condo sold really quickly--I like to think our flowers helped!

I just wasn't interested in keeping a bunch of old flowers. What do you do with a preserved bouquet, anyway?

That is a really good idea!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I brought mine home from the wedding and put it in a vase. It was near dead by the time we got home from our honeymoon. I have lots of great pictures of it to remember how gorgeous it was, and I know it would just collect dust otherwise. I have seen some people have it pressed into an awesome art piece, but it's pretty expensive and I wasn't interested in that for the cost.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I hung mine upside down and let it dry out, the pulled it apart and put it in a vase with a top. I had it in the living room for a few years, but now that baby-proofing has set in it got put away.

My mom still has hers in vase from almost 30 years ago.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I like this idea! Maybe I'll do it with mine!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We just got married on 10.10.10 and my bouquet is still rocking out strong and in full force. We just decided today to hang it in the basement to dry. Any petals that fall, I will collect and put in a keepsake box. So worst-case, we'll have some petals. I also took out a few flowers from the BMs bouquets and put them in my law books to flatten -- the more memories the better!

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I'm one of those wierd sentimental people that will be preserving my bouquet. I intend to have it pressed into a shadow box and I'll probably hang it in our master closet (it's huge and has a nice dressing area so I figured it would be cute in there).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results