shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Water Bottle Labels anyone ???

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone done or going to do custom water bottle labels for wedding or other events? I've looked online and while there are
sources, it seems expensive. I know you can get the labels themselves - and stick on your bottle, but so many other issues come into play like size, color ...
just curious about this

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
We are giving out home-brewed beer for our favors, so we created custom labels for the beer bottles. And by we, I mean my fiance. :bigsmile:

Based on the templates he found in Word and PPT, he used Avery labels, which come in a variety of sizes and we found at Office Depot.

He designed the labels and then printed them up at Kinko's. We did labels for about 120 bottles, and I think we spent less than $1 per bottle when all was said and done.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
A good friend of mine did them for her wedding. They were very cute! She printed them herself and stuck them on. I don't remember if they handed them out at the wedding itself, but she had them in the welcome bags at the hotel.

I don't think she used actual labels - it looked like paper that was glued on the ends, kind of like how normal water bottle labels aren't stuck on the whole way around like a beer bottle label would be. I'm not sure which would be easier.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you want people drinking from water bottles at your wedding? Or are these something you send home with people at the end of the night?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Daughter's wedding ;-)

she asked me about it and I'm trying to get info.
wedding is 9-10-11 and it's still hotter than heck here
in Texas at that time. The Ceremony will be outside, 6:30ish.
A very nice dinner will be served inside -----
But I think she wants the water just to have for whatever reason
I'm not sure when it would be available to the guests.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I was also thinking of doing this for the ceremony since I am having an outdoor TX wedding. The water bottles would be served (that doesn't seem like the right word...) before the ceremony (or depending on the venue we could have glasses...one wedding I went to had lemonade pitchers and glasses out before the wedding as guests were walking in but it was sort of awkward because no one knew what to do with their glass)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I didn't have water bottle labels done, but I did get table-numbers-as-wine-bottle-labels made on Etsy, so I wonder whether you could get any bottle labels made there?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
bebe said:
Daughter's wedding ;-)

she asked me about it and I'm trying to get info.
wedding is 9-10-11 and it's still hotter than heck here
in Texas at that time. The Ceremony will be outside, 6:30ish.
A very nice dinner will be served inside -----
But I think she wants the water just to have for whatever reason
I'm not sure when it would be available to the guests.
Ahhh, I can understand the water bottles at an outdoor Texas wedding!
I was paranoid that our bartenders would serve beer bottles at our wedding, so I just thought of that when I read your post.

And it's your DAUGHTER'S wedding!? I had no idea, sorry for the mixup!
How fun!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
DD and her fiance also have a friend who brews beer which I hear is very good. And the friend has offered to provide some for the reception. Maybe he could get some special labels for the beer bottles - dunno. Anything to make it fun.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bebe! Custom water bottles were something we considered for our guests as it was going to be hot at our ceremony too, but ultimately vetoed because it just ended up being a lot of money to spend on something that people were going to throw away, and it ate into my favors budget. We had the bartenders serve the guests as they came in so if they wanted it, they could get some water with lemon or lime or a soda before the ceremony. Most people abandoned their glasses to the bar when the seating for the ceremony started but some kept theirs and just set them on the ground by their chair. It wasn't a problem and was pretty seamless, as the staff was standing by to collect glasses after the ceremony.

Also, nothing against water bottles in general but I didn't want all my ceremony photos to have plastic water bottles in them, ha!

Special labels for your daughter's friend's beer sounds much better!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
thanks, I'm starting to like the idea of money spent on the beer labels instead of the water labels !!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i'm having water bottles in my welcome baskets in the rooms only.

in all public (read: photographed) places, it's glasses served by smartly dressed waiters only.

my ceremony is indoors, but i'm hoping it wont be too hot (July, but this is england)

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
bebe said:
thanks, I'm starting to like the idea of money spent on the beer labels instead of the water labels !!!

bebe - in case your daughter runs with this idea, here's how ours turned out. This only shows the front of the label, but on the sides we noted that we brewed and bottled it and thanked everyone for celebrating with us. This project was much simpler than we originally imagined it would be - thankfully!

DSCN1755.JPG

DSCN1756.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't seem like it would be worth it IMO. We just presented the ceremony site (historic ship) with a cooler, tub and flats of soda, water, and lil hugs and they set it all up for guests to take as they arrived. Water just doesn't seem like it's worth going custom because it's not a keepsake.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
well, we will have to explore these options further. I guess there are pros and cons both ways.

DD and fiance will likely have a specialty beer station. They both enjoy special brews and want to offer their favorite smaller
brewery selections. And then their friend offering to bottle his brew - dunno what their final decision will be, but the labels
would make it fun and add a special touch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results