shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s Changed?

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a newlywed either, but wanted to answer nevertheless. We didn't move in together until a month AFTER the wedding (we couldn't find a house), so a lot changed for us after we got married. It was a lot of fun buying things for our house and setting it up together. There was a an initial awkward period of adjustment where had to get used to the idea of 'being married' and being together constanstly, as well as negotiating household duties, but after that awkwardness dissipated we started having lots of fun being together.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Gwen. My family was, erm, difficult and stressful during wedding planning. I was always pretty unenthusiastic about the marriage and name change thing, but after seeing how FI stood up for me, for US, and also defended the emotions behind my family's bad behavior, it seemed like an incredible opportunity to change my name, and show unity with my husband. Not to spite my family or anything, but I liked the declaration of unity suddenly. That suprised me quite a bit, but wedding planning really made us more of an "US".

Other than that, I haven't been married a week yet, so I probably can't weigh in valuably, but, um, just more frisky around here... ::) Everything else seems normal. He loves calling me wife, and loves to hear me say husband/hubby/hubbin. He likes seeing the ring on my hand, and calling me at work and hearing "Trillionaire LastName speaking." He's a very proud new hubby, which is very endearing!

I find the name change and everything a little overwhelming... thinking about agencies that I need to notify, etc and how intertwined everything is... *sigh* I got a raise just before the wedding, so I was trying to figure out if we would be married filing jointly or separately. I supposed it all just takes time. I've already been asked if I was pregnant. Literally, not even 48 hours after getting married. WOW.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results