shape
carat
color
clarity

1st Birthday Party Do's and Don'ts

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Dos and Don'ts:

Do invite friends and family who want to celebrate the birth and life of your child. This is a family friendly event but by no means should it be geared toward one year olds. First birthday parties are more for adults than children. They won't remember. If you invite children, have something for them to do.

Please don't be annoyed by other older children who want to play with your little angel's new toys. How can they resist? I have been to several 1st birthday parties, and I get so annoyed with parents who get flustered because the other little children are excited to play with the new toys. I feel like saying, "uh, your one year old can't tell a butterfly from her birthday cake and couldn't care less that the two year old wants to help rip paper or play on the new barbie scooter thing. What's the big deal?" Instead I just politely eat my cake. I feel so bad for the parents who are having to hold back their toddlers, embarrassed because they're (*gasp*) ruining the gift opening picture opportunity or something. It seems that small children are the only ones who know it's ridiculous to watch a one year old "open" presents!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results