carat
color
clarity

BGD Princess Recut - A New Look Needs A New Setting

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice said:
Great makeover. I love the two tone.

You did a wonderful job and the halo made it look SO much bigger. Enjoy!!!

Yes, that was my goal to bump up the 1 carat size with a halo but these close-up macro pictures really make it look GINORMOUS, but in real life, while it is big, it's not overly so. I'm going to have my husband take a picture of me from farther away so I can post what it looks like from a real life perspective. I'll post a pic over the weekend.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Suzy - I love it!! I have to admit there was a little bit of sadness because of all of those conversations we had about that type of setting way back in the day, but this new ring is really stunning! I absolutely love when people do something different and unique and this one incorporates so much of you in it - it's brilliant! Congrats!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra said:
Oh Suzy - I love it!! I have to admit there was a little bit of sadness because of all of those conversations we had about that type of setting way back in the day, but this new ring is really stunning! I absolutely love when people do something different and unique and this one incorporates so much of you in it - it's brilliant! Congrats!

Hey Cehra :wavey:

I was wondering when you would mosey on over here!

You are right that this ring is different from the open sided, reflective flash underside of the original setting. But it is still open, I can see the culet from all four sides and the wedding band section that runs under the stone is high polish, so I think I've still incorporated the style features of the original setting but with a modern twist by incorporating the halo. It still feels open and airy, and yes even dainty. Hard to tell that from all these super magnified pictures, but in real life the halo and supports look quite delicate, but the ring itself is substantial in weight. Sounds like an oxymoron, I know, but it's true.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Real life perspective.
I got my husband to take a picture. For reference the pendant I'm wearing is a 1 carat round.
My RHR (see avatar) is a three stone radiant cut, 1.5 center and 1 ct sides. My watch is a 18K Cartier Panthere knock-off.
Anyway, the point is that I think everything kind of balances out well. I think it's blingy enough without being over the top.
My geographic location also has someting to do with what is considered "average", I live in the Orange County area of southern California so I see rocks WAY bigger than mine all the time.

SuzyQZ Real Life Persp1.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

SuzyQZ Real Life Persp.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suzy-

Love the bling, it looks stunning but not gaudy in the real-life perspective. BTW I hope I look as good as you at 53! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
First off, love the new setting! I think it showcases the diamond and is an awesome statement piece!

Second off... dang woman! You are smokin!!! :bigsmile:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous ring, SuzyQZ!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you see that BGD used your ring on Facebook? You're famous! ;-)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind comments.
I think all the bling is what makes me look trim, I use it as a diversion/distraction tactic. :lol:
53 is just a number, I really don't think about it much except when I have to check off an "age box" on a form.
My face and hands do show my age though, a lifetime of living an outdoor lifestyle in southern California does leave an impression.

I'm glad BGD thought enough of my ring to post it on Facebook.
Yes, I'll take my 2 seconds of fame!
Ok, it's over now... time to move on.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my threads and posted such nice things! :wavey:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
SuzyQ ~ I live in OC, too and I know exactly what you mean. I'm a stay at home mom and I see bigger blings everywhere, parks, beach, pool, Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, Irv Spectrum, etc.

I love, love your new setting...I've always thought that a danty setting will show the center stone more...your ring proves me wrong. It's just PERFECT!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys said:
SuzyQ ~ I live in OC, too and I know exactly what you mean. I'm a stay at home mom and I see bigger blings everywhere, parks, beach, pool, Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, Irv Spectrum, etc.
I love, love your new setting...I've always thought that a danty setting will show the center stone more...your ring proves me wrong. It's just PERFECT!

Yup, my dry cleaner's counter help has a bigger diamond than me!!! :lol:

I agree that common perception is that dainty shanks make the diamond/halo pop, but I never agreed with that being the only option. As a lover of wide bands and substantial gold weight in my settings, I'm glad to have made a convert. :appl:

Thanks for your post!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
From one old gal to another I have to say that you look as fabulous as your new ring Suzy!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial said:
From one old gal to another I have to say that you look as fabulous as your new ring Suzy!

Aww shucks! {blushing}
Thank you.

Hey, we're not old, we're chronologically gifted! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total yum! Good on ya girl!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results