shape
carat
color
clarity

Why can't I multitask when I brush my teeth?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is a weird subject but, as the mother of an infant, I often find myself multitasking...or attempting to. Recently I've noticed that I can't do anything with my free hand while I'm brushing my teeth! I try to wipe out the sink or spray down the shower or wipe off the mirror with my free hand and my brushing hand stops!

Can you do other things while you brush your teeth?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lol, I totally understand. I can multi-task all day long, but brushing my teeth takes every once of my attention- either I have to stop whatever else I am doing, or I stop brushing until the toothpaste starts to sting and I remember to brush again. :rodent:

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Get an electric toothbrush. Not only are they supposedly better for you but its way easier to do other things while brushing your teeth since it requires less movement on your part.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Callisto said:
Get an electric toothbrush. Not only are they supposedly better for you but its way easier to do other things while brushing your teeth since it requires less movement on your part.
I find I just leave the electric on one tooth while I try to do something else. So I choose which tooth needs special attention (usually my bridge) and park it while I put on my socks or hang my towel.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Practice... :razz:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I multitask a lot too - definitely a lot more since becoming a mom. Yesteday it was breastfeeding while eating a bowl of cereal... :) I don't think we need to multitask with everything, though. Sometimes we need to resist the temptation to always be 'doing, doing, doing', and 'going, going, going' and just relax and be present in the moment - whatever the task it is. Toothbrushing only lasts a few minutes, anyway. Do we really need to be doing something else in that short space of time? 8)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No, I just brush my teeth. It's worth the time and undivided attention to me.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hmmm well just yesterday I was talking wifey2b on the phone and brushing my teeth does that count?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it's kind of like rubbing your tummy and patting your head? I can't do that either. :bigsmile:

Good point about electric toothbrush. I should definitely invest in one. Either way, I guess everyone can spare 3 minutes to focus on ONE thing, right?

Sha, eating cereal while nursing is brave. I can only eat foods that don't "drip" while I feed DS!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I cant multitask when I brush mostly beacuse I am too frothy. DH has tried to teach me how to brush my teeth without making such a mess, but I cant. He says that it looks like I have rabies. I have to hover over the sink to catch it all. I have an electric toothbrush but I have it packed away. Even though I am sure that it does a wonderful job I like to get in there and do it myself.

So to sum up, no I cannot multitask when brushing my teeth because there will be little puddles of frothy toothpaste everywhere I go.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl_K said:
hmmm well just yesterday I was talking wifey2b on the phone and brushing my teeth does that count?

She can still understand you? Wow!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stone-cold11 said:
Karl_K said:

She can still understand you? Wow!
yep lol
had something stuck in my tooth its not something that is everyday.
She was telling me about something so was listening anyway.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I try to do my yoga balance poses while brushing. Basically standing on one foot. That's about it for multi-tasking while brushing, but at least it's something.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No multi tasking from me either. My left hand is the dumb hand so..If I try to brush w/my left hand instead so I can multitask w/my right, then the toothbrush ends up going crazy and pops out and brushes along my cheek which irritates me more than I could ever explain.

Oh wait, I know what I do when I brush my teeth-I prop my book open and read. I am talented enough to be able to turn a page w/my left hand. :appl:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
radiantquest said:
I cant multitask when I brush mostly beacuse I am too frothy. DH has tried to teach me how to brush my teeth without making such a mess, but I cant. He says that it looks like I have rabies. I have to hover over the sink to catch it all. I have an electric toothbrush but I have it packed away. Even though I am sure that it does a wonderful job I like to get in there and do it myself.

So to sum up, no I cannot multitask when brushing my teeth because there will be little puddles of frothy toothpaste everywhere I go.

This gave me my best laugh of the day!! I totally had a visual! :bigsmile: Oh, and I need total control of the brush too!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
radiantquest said:

Hahahaha, me too! I always see people on tv brushing without ever seeing a speck of toothpaste, but when I do it, there is foam EVERYWHERE.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're kidding, right? I multi-task a lot, but I don't try to multi-task during my morning or evening ablutions... :rolleyes:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never thought of trying to multi-task when I brush my teeth.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl said:
I try to do my yoga balance poses while brushing. Basically standing on one foot. That's about it for multi-tasking while brushing, but at least it's something.

I do squats while I'm blow drying my hair! :bigsmile:

I don't know why I feel the need to do something else while brushing my teeth. I guess when I'm standing there, I notice things that need to be cleaned up. I'll have to live with the fact that the six minutes a day I spend brushing my teeth are just dedicated to that. :praise:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty said:
You're kidding, right? I multi-task a lot, but I don't try to multi-task during my morning or evening ablutions... :rolleyes:

I have a confession - I had to google the word ablutions. From the context of your post, I figured out what it meant but I have never heard that word before! Maybe I should brush up on my vocabulary while I'm brushing my teeth!

TamiBurton

Rough_Rock
I can do other things while having a toothbrush. Simply because I am using Electric Toothbrush. :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results