shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions and reviews of an online vendor please

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pser,

I am steps closer to buying this half eternity ring from ID jewellery.
So far I have only seen one post about the same ring I am about to buy.
Anyone else has bought something from ID and had a positive experience in terms of the quality and actual product itself?
I have no doubt about the customer service as Tami has been replying my email frequently and answered all my questions patiently.

One thing I worry about is their policy if a stone is lost: (is this normal?)
"Don't worry...in most cases the diamonds don't fall out. Its a good strong setting. Worst case sinario...if a stone does fall out it would cost you apprx $70.00 USD to replace. But this worst case sinario. Espacial if you are planning on wearing it when your out and not while you are doing housework. Don't worry."

Here are a few pictures and some more answers from ID about the ring:
The standard that we usually use is F-G color and SI clarity. F-G because it hits both the colorless family and nearcololess family. And SI because there really is no reason to use anything higher...its just a lot more money. And besides, what we call SI most other jewelry stores call VS. So rest assured they will good great with your e-ring.
Yes, the diamonds are excellent cut, so each one will give you the most sparkle. I always tell my customers...an "H" "SI" excellent cut diamond always beats a "D" "FL" poor cut diamonds. And the diamonds ARE completely eye clean...well that is to say a normal eye...not superman eyes. Joke...not to worry, I inspect each stone before I have them set.

I havent bought anything substantial from an online store before :roll:

Appreciate it very much if Pser can help me with this purchase :D

IDjewel.JPG

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I don't have that particular ring but i bought my wedding ring from ID and i am very happy with it. They were great to deal with as well.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Hi Hawaiannorangetree,

thanks for your input :D
I am still deciding whether its worth it to spend twice as much to get it from BGD.

and thank God for your post about the wire transfer as well, I will be checking ozforex! :D

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what you are pairing it with. I mean, I am really happy with my wedding ring but my engagement ring is only 1ct excellent cut from a Perth Jeweler. No Ideal H&A around here! If your e ring was from BGD I would go with their eternity ring, but if not, I think the ID one will do you just fine!

Have you seen vespers push present? Not the same ring but you can see the quality of the workmanship in her photos.

show-me-the-ring/sapphire-diamond-push-present-from-id-jewelry-t148222.html

and here's mine if you want to see..

show-me-the-ring/my-wedding-set-taken-by-a-10-year-old-t146401.html

I have been reading about excellent things about peoples experiences with ID Jewelry. My friend got both her wedding and eternity rings from their and the workman ship is just as nice as her engagement ring which was made by local jeweler here in Perth.

and GO OzForex hey? :sun:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will be more than happy with the quality from ID jewelry. I had a band custom made from them and it's absolutely beautiful. They weren't happy until I was happy. The diamonds are gorgeous.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
mocha2204 said:
Hi Pser,

Anyone else has bought something from ID and had a positive experience in terms of the quality and actual product itself?
I have no doubt about the customer service as Tami has been replying my email frequently and answered all my questions patiently.

"Don't worry...in most cases the diamonds don't fall out. Its a good strong setting. Worst case sinario...if a stone does fall out it would cost you apprx $70.00 USD to replace. But this worst case sinario. Espacial if you are planning on wearing it when your out and not while you are doing housework. Don't worry."

The standard that we usually use is F-G color and SI clarity. F-G because it hits both the colorless family and nearcololess family. And SI because there really is no reason to use anything higher...its just a lot more money. And besides, what we call SI most other jewelry stores call VS. So rest assured they will good great with your e-ring.
Yes, the diamonds are excellent cut, so each one will give you the most sparkle. I always tell my customers...an "H" "SI" excellent cut diamond always beats a "D" "FL" poor cut diamonds. And the diamonds ARE completely eye clean...well that is to say a normal eye...not superman eyes. Joke...not to worry, I inspect each stone before I have them set.

To me it indicates that they acknowledge no one is perfect and they gave you the remedy to the worst case scenario, that is more of a reassurance and i respect that very much in a business.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
I think it depends on what you are pairing it with. I mean, I am really happy with my wedding ring but my engagement ring is only 1ct excellent cut from a Perth Jeweler. No Ideal H&A around here! If your e ring was from BGD I would go with their eternity ring, but if not, I think the ID one will do you just fine!

Have you seen vespers push present? Not the same ring but you can see the quality of the workmanship in her photos.

show-me-the-ring/sapphire-diamond-push-present-from-id-jewelry-t148222.html

and here's mine if you want to see..

show-me-the-ring/my-wedding-set-taken-by-a-10-year-old-t146401.html

I have been reading about excellent things about peoples experiences with ID Jewelry. My friend got both her wedding and eternity rings from their and the workman ship is just as nice as her engagement ring which was made by local jeweler here in Perth.

and GO OzForex hey? :sun:

My e-ring is from a local jeweler in Melbourne

and yes I have seen vespers push present. From all the customer's pictures, they are all seems in good quality
and I love how simple and elegant your set it. ID does a good job with your wedding ring.
Thanks for the links and your input :D

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
makemepretty said:
I think you will be more than happy with the quality from ID jewelry. I had a band custom made from them and it's absolutely beautiful. They weren't happy until I was happy. The diamonds are gorgeous.

Thanks for your input makemepretty and glad you are happy with ID too.
Do you have any pictures of your band?
I tried to find topics by you about it but couldnt find it.
if you could post some that would be much appreciated :))

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Doc_1 said:
mocha2204 said:
Hi Pser,

To me it indicates that they acknowledge no one is perfect and they gave you the remedy to the worst case scenario, that is more of a reassurance and i respect that very much in a business.

yes, I agree with you Doc. They seems very transparent and confident in answering every question I had

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything I have read about ID jewelry on PS has been positive so far!

I think their policy about lost stones is common and clear. Some vendors sometimes will replace a lost stone if it seems to be from a manufacturers defect rather than wear... ID is probably the same.

I too would be curious to hear a first hand comparison between a ring by ID and a comparable one by BGD or WF. The prices are much higher from the latter. But if I am not mistaken, the rings from WF/BGD are cast and finished in house whereas the ID jewelry rings use castings from outside companies, bringing down the price a fair amount. The downside is that these castings are often not quite as delicate as settings cast in house, and are most likely higher stance off the finger. But these are just my musings. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. I suspect the differences are very subtle. The diamonds in the WF/BGD are also "ideal cut" melee which may or may not matter or make a difference in appearance.

I did a little search for threads with eternities from ID, from WF, and from BGD. Three are posted here (one mine 8) ). I think all three are very nice rings and look very beautiful, I would be happy to own any of the three and think the quality is very high on all three based on the pictures. But there are differences in the prong finish, the height of the stones, the openness of the gallery and I think you can see it in the threads linked. It is up to you to decide which you like better and what is the best value.

OrchidLei's gorgeous ring from ID jewelry, 7 pt stones:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-my-new-id-jewelry-half-eternity.148661/

Vesper's awesome WF eternity, 8 point stones: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ernity-its-finally-here-loads-of-pics.117411/

Dreamer's half eternity from BGD, 5 point stones: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...r-s-baby-ring-t118045-30.html?hilit=baby ring

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer,

Thanks for your input and appreciate your effort into doing research of eternity rings from those 3 vendors :))

I asked BGD about how ID could be able to price that ring at 550 (I thought it would be rude to ask) but BGD was very kind in answering that question and didnt think that was a rude question.
She told me that 550 can barely cover the cost of the diamonds and pointed me that ID might be using a precast setting.
The 14K WG and SI clarity are also factors for the differences.
I asked ID if the ring will sparkle like crazy cause excellently cut is the most important diamond criteria for me.
I was advised that they are excellent cut and she would hand pick them herself before they are being set. So that gives me a relief.

Yes I agree that looking from the pictures posted here, the rings from those 3 vendors look to be of a high quality.
With how low they will sit, I think 3 of them will sit low enough for my e-ring
and I couldnt see the difference with regards to prongs
just that from side view, I could see that WF and ID's setting are more squarish than BGD which is more U shaped (the basket)
Thats all I could notice really

Is ur band comfortable to wear everyday? and do you wish you got a higher pointer so it will be more significant if you wear it alone?

Much appreciated :D

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Updates from ID:

I asked about their return policy of 30 days and technically it cant apply to my case because of my small finger size (G) but Tami told me because I seems like a sincere customer, she will let have that 30 day return and also because she is pretty sure that I would love the ring.

So I think I am getting it from them. Just have to decide now which melee sizes to get :)

scepture

Rough_Rock
I have been looking on this forum for awhile and haven't heard a whole lot about ID, so PLEASE let me know how your experience/diamond looks. I checked out the site and they definitely have cheaper prices than WF or BGD so i'm curious to see how their quality of diamond stacks up. I am happy to hear your experience has been so good so far so please keep us updated with pictures and such!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure that the ID stones will sparkle and look great, the customer reviews have been very positive. I would not hesitate to puchase from them myself if they had a piece that was exactly what I was looking for. Their prices are outstanding.

The WF and BGD rings have a stance of about 2mm off the finger, whereas comparing Vesper's ring to Orchid's ring the latter seems a little higher off the finger (more metal between the bottom of the ring and the diamond girdle). Maybe half a mm higher? For *me* I wanted a ring with a stance under or as close to 2mm as possible, which is why I went the custom route. But this was to match my solitaire setting, and if my setting had a thicker shank I would have been happy with a stock piece like those offered by ID, for sure.

My ring is 5 pointers and I don't wear it alone very often. It is subtle when worn alone, though not too thin in my opinion. I wanted smaller diamonds to make sure my center stone was not overwhelmed at all. I also have a band that is 8 pointers and feel that it is a fine match with my 1.7ct solitaire but was too large for my previous 1.2ct and .80ct rings. The 8 pointers make a better stand along ring though.

Scepture if you do a search on the SMTB forum there are at least 5 or more PSers who have bought from them this year. Bliss is one, OrchidLei, and I cannot think of the others right now...

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I just asked Tami to give the measurements hopefully I get the reply by tomorrow morning.

I told her that I tried the tiffany shared prong and I would want it to be at similar height to Tiff''s
she told me that Tiff's has a gallery in between the metal and where the stone sits and also pointed out that ID's will sit lower than Tiff's

I also just measured my e-ring, 2mm or less will be perfect as 2mm will clash a tiny tiny bit with my e-ring claw but still allright.

and yes dreamer, by going the custom route, your 2 rings are a perfect match for each other :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi mocha

Im not sure if this is applicable with your ering setting style but Another thing that you could always do (if you don't mind having your ering tampered with a little) is to have a small nic taken out of the setting to make your wedding band sit flush against the side of your ering (if the band turns out not to be low enough) I had to do this as the claw setting sits deep in the band, not on top of and it was impossible to have a ring sit flush even at 1mm height.

I can post a pic of what it looks like if you are interested.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
hey hawaianorangetree,

I didnt know that is an option taking out a nic outta of the e-ring claw
if you could post a picture of that, it would be great :)

I tried a few ring today but all of them are claw set like what mrs K has.
The lowest setting I tried today is 1.8mm and I think it is perfect next to my e-ring.
Its not perfectly flush but I cant see any visible gap and I would be happy with it.

and I tried 0.04 pointers and its THE ONE!!!!
I tried 0.03 and in my opinion its too small then 0.05 overpowers my e-ring but 0.04 just brilliant!!!
couldnt be happier that I found the perfect size

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a note, 1 pointer refers to 0.01carat.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my ring from ID. It's platinum baguette with 9 diamonds. I did have them make it set lower than they normally sell. I had to part with it when I needed some extra money but then I managed to get it back. I'll never part with it again. It's beautiful.

3063651.jpg

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your note stonecold, that pointers thing always make me confused

and your ring is soooo beautiful makemepretty
I think I am so close to making a deal with ID for the 4 pointers x 11
just waiting for Tami to come back to me with the quote

yayyyy
I hope AUD exchange rate is growing strong *cross fingers*

Ice Is Nice

Rough_Rock
Trade
hi makemepretty

thank you for posting that pic of your gorgeous baguette band. :love:

it is exactly what i have been looking for. may i please ask about it's specs?

thank you in advance :twirl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like the ring from ID that you picked. I too liked some things but when I emailed them two weeks ago about making something for me or if they had something close to the picture I sent them, I got no response. I used the info email address straight from their website.

Ice Is Nice

Rough_Rock
Trade
:love: makemepretty, would you have any hand pics to share of your baguette beauty? :love:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
mocha2204 said:
Hi Hawaiannorangetree,

thanks for your input :D
I am still deciding whether its worth it to spend twice as much to get it from BGD.

and thank God for your post about the wire transfer as well, I will be checking ozforex! :D

I guess for me the major question is do you think you will get twice the quality by paying twice the money?

If you think "I will get better quality"......it's not quite the same thing. I've seen so many rings on here where I've thought "mmm gorgeous, but not worth the extra money"

I might be biased cos I work as an Assurance Engineer so quality is part of my job, but mainly I'm forced to be focused on 'value for money', and the one big lesson I've learnt is that twice the money doesnt often translate to twice the quality. When it does I grab it, but when it doesnt........

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, I've bought pieces from ID Jewelry, WF, BGD & James Allen, and I've been impressed with all of the vendors' quality and customer service. I think that you can't go wrong working with any of them.

Since you're talking about ID Jewelry specifically, I wil tell you about my experience with them. Yekutiel was incredibly attentive, made helpful suggestions about my customized design, and the price he quoted was better than I found anywhere else (this was for my sapphire & diamond band).

The only adjustment that had to be made for the ring after I received it was the size - I have worn a 5 for years, even after my first baby, but since I'm wearing the band on my right hand, it seems that my right hand ring finger size grew from 5 to 5.25 during my second pregnancy, and never shrunk back totally. I told Yekutiel that I wanted to have the band sized, and told me that honestly it would be less expensive for me to get it sized by a trustworthy local jeweler - that it would cost me more than the sizing fee just to ship it to NY & get it back. So, I brought it to Quest & they did a great job. I appreciated the fact that he didn't insist on doing the sizing himself which would have cost me a lot more, so I found him to be a very fair & honest vendor, and the ring is perfect.

canyongirl

Rough_Rock
From what I've read about ID Jewelry I am so far very impressed. I called them earlier this week for a quote on a ring and they got back to me immediately and were very professional and helpful. I'm calling today to order my ring! I'm so excited. I'll let you know how my experience is after I receive it. I was told it will take 6 weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results