shape
carat
color
clarity

A zincite purchase

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
AustenNut said:
Thanks, Colorluvr and PlatinumRock! It does remind me of a yellow diamond, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Colorluvr, what color zincite did you get?

Mine is a much deeper yellow, more like a bright yellow sapphire than a diamond.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Colorluvr,

Does yours show much dispersion, or does its saturation prevent that from happening? I had also ordered a saturated orange zincite, but there wasn't much fire in it.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
AustenNut said:
Hey Colorluvr,

Does yours show much dispersion, or does its saturation prevent that from happening? I had also ordered a saturated orange zincite, but there wasn't much fire in it.

I would say it's similar to a sapphire (it truly looks like a natural sapphire that I have). While it's quite pretty, it doesn't have as much sparkle as yours seems to have. This is the vendor photo, and while it isn't very flattering, it's pretty close to how it looks (only I think it's prettier IRL). The vendor photo makes it look duller than it is IRL also.

I'm going to attempt to get some photos of it next week when I have some time to experiment with the lighting in my office.... no sun in the good 'ole Pacific Northwest this week. :((

It looks lemony yellow under a flourescent light, but looks golden yellow under a "true light" lamp that I have.

zincite.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone looks quite pretty, even from the vendor photo. I look forward to seeing your own pictures of it too.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
We had what passes for sunshine today in Oregon, so I took a few shots of it... not great, but gives you an idea of the interesting play of color and how yellow it can look.

One is in the shade, two in the sun and one half in and half out. Here are the specs: NEON ZINCITE; 14.36 ct; canary yellow from
Galena Kansas - precison cut - Corner Cut Triangle Radiant Pavilion; and this is how the seller explaned the color: Intense Neon Canary Yellow With Greenish Overtone and Flashes of Red, Gold, Green and Bluish; flawless

You can kind of see the color flashes in the two that were taken in the sun, even though one of them is quite out of focus ;(

zincite2.jpg

zincite3.jpg

zincite4.jpg

zincite5.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Colorluvr,

My post was eaten up, but what a cool stone. I particularly love the last picture as it seems you can just fall right into its center. Thanks for sharing!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, reminds me of sphalerite. Very cool!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome pics and awesome stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results