shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you get spam texts?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I got 3 last night and it really annoyed me! They are from a 5 digit number and claim I can block them by responding "block". Well I didn't want to be sucked into some potential scam so did nothing. The thing is I am getting charged for each text! I called Verizon and of course they said too bad for me unless I want to block all texts. I'm waiting for a call back from a manager, but wondering how others handle this or if it's rare and I got unlucky?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
This happened to me a couple months ago, except it was from a regular phone number. The AT&T rep said she couldn't help me unless I signed up for some $5/mo parental control service. I was seriously PO'd and was going to write a letter of complaint to the company, but the texts stopped the next day and I was super busy at the time so I never did. I hope yours stop soon!

cara

Ideal_Rock
My husband got 2000+ spam texts one month, actually in the span of days. This was back when we almost never texted. And the fees were of course not acceptable high. The phone company did give us hassle about waiving the fees (I guess some people do text that much!) but a lot of the texts were gibberish, identical texts coming in seconds apart. Once we finally convinced them to look at the content and timing of the texts, someone took pity on us and waived the fees; plus we were prepared to block all texts if they didn't. Not that we would have been happy about blocking all texts, kind of reduces the utility of the phone, but... another crazy high phone bill from SPAM texts was not a good option.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 5 lines in our family and yes we have had some, we just delete them, we have unlimited texting, so cost isnt a problem, but they are annoying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results