shape
carat
color
clarity

Final fitting pics

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So this was a really quick fitting just to make sure the bustle was ok, but I snapped a couple pics.

This took a lot of work. It took several fittings to get the top right. It still needs to be pressed. But I am glad it is ready to go. It is being shipped to my wedding planner this week.

IMG_0066_2.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm glad you got the top right after all the fittings! I bet it will look great on your big day!

What kind of wedding will you be having?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous, my favorite dress on here this year.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i think it really turned out fabulous! can't wait to see it "in action." just a few weeks, right?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
cushionladyESQ - thank you very much. My wedding will be at a winery about 20 minutes outside of Sonoma.

Pink Tower - Thank you for the wonderful complement, I will put some wedding pictures up when I get them.

lulu66 - Thanks. The wedding is 13 days away, I am getting nervous, but so excited!!!! This whole weekend has been wedding planning madness.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
lulu66 - Thanks. The wedding is 13 days away, I am getting nervous, but so excited!!!! This whole weekend has been wedding planning madness.

the 17th? i'm on the 18th....and beyond excited (but a tad stressed) :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I love the buttons :)

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Pink Tower said:
Just gorgeous, my favorite dress on here this year.
p.s.
I have to say, you need to tell the seamstress she is awesome. I don't know how she could have gotten the dress to end up looking like that. Your first shots looked like it would be impossible to get the dress small enough for you. (I wish I had that problem.)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
It fits like a glove.You look gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely on you! Very classic!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
lulu66 - I feel the exact same way as you, excited and stressed. I have way too much stuff to do.

pink tower - she is very good, but I had redirect things when it was clear it was not going well. I came in 4 weeks in a row and the bust was puckering. It became clear to me that the pads they put in were the problem (the pads were bigger than I was). So I bought a bra, but that was showing though the dress, so that didn't work. So I, last week, I (nicely) told them I was very concerned that this was not working as I keep coming back, and it keeps puckering. I asked them to change out the pads to smaller ones even if that meant I looked flat. They asked me to come in a few hours later. I came back, and the dress looked great. Turns out she took two of the smaller pads (which were thin enough to be a lining) and put them together, and that was a very creative, but good solution. The dress fit, and I still had a little enhancement.

slg47 - Thanks. The top buttons are real, I am sure my bridesmaids are going to love that :shock: .

Amzille and tyty333 - Thank you very much.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
What did you decide about your jewelry?
It is crying out for something, but in a less is more type way. (In my opinion.)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
It looks great.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty gown!!

What sort of necklace will you be wearing?

It fits you wonderfully and you will be a jaw-dropping bride in that gown. Have a great wedding!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
You are going to be a gorgeous bride!! All the work it took to get it fitted right was worth it - it looks perfect!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
The dress fits you wonderfully. It's a beautiful design. May I ask who made it?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower said:
What did you decide about your jewelry?
It is crying out for something, but in a less is more type way. (In my opinion.)

I am probably going to do the necklace, bracelet and pear shaped earrings.

I also have a set of pearl studs if the look gets too be to many sparkles. I have a matching headpiece, but will probably not wear it.

I attached a pic of everything I have to choose from, with my shoe. I also have a close up of the pieces I will most likely wear.

accessory close up.jpg

accessorylarge.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
oddoneout - thank you

Laila - thanks, I attached the necklace above.

Future Mrs Sterling - thanks, I was looking at old pics, what a difference it makes when it actually fits!

lucyanddroger - thank you

CurlySue - Thanks!

DearBuddha - Thank you, the dress is by Monique Luillier. I was not even considering her stuff until I saw this dress (don't get me wrong, I love her stuff, but so much of her stuff is way out of my budget, I assumed I would not be able to afford anything I like by her. I had to stretch things to make this work, but so far I don't regret it).

I am looking forward to getting married, but I have literally been on the computer for the entire evening e-mailing people about wedding related stuff. This is a nice little break.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LTL it looks simply stunning on you! From what I can tell of your personality, it looks like such a perfect match for your style. I looked back at the older pics and indeed, the alterations are impressive! Can't wait to hear about your big day!! Only two more weeks and people will start calling you "Mrs." instead of "Dr." :devil:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
LTL it looks simply stunning on you! From what I can tell of your personality, it looks like such a perfect match for your style. I looked back at the older pics and indeed, the alterations are impressive! Can't wait to hear about your big day!! Only two more weeks and people will start calling you "Mrs." instead of "Dr." :devil:

HaHa!!!! I am waiting for the reaction when people realize I have chosen not to change my name (at least for now). I am in a small town full of traditionalists. I found out I cannot change my name legally and continue to practice under my old name, so I am leaving it alone and will re-visit it when we have kids.

Thanks for the complements on the dress. I had doubts about it, but now that I see it fitted, I am so glad I went with it. It is totally me, and I know I will enjoy seeing it in pictures for years to come. I was hoping to get a planning thread up, but I am running out of time. I will put up pics of the wedding when I get them, and maybe some scenic pictures of our Hawaii trip.

I got my wedding band back. FI sent it to Leon for engraving....and he kept the box :nono: . FI wrote a very polite e-mail asking what happened to it....and I asked FI why he sent the ring back in the box in the first place....oh well. No Leon box for me I guess.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!

I haven't been on PS much, but I had to log in to comment on your dress.

You look completely dreamy in that dress. I think you have the PERFECT figure to carry that dress off.

It's so elegent!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
Dreamer_D said:

HaHa!!!! I am waiting for the reaction when people realize I have chosen not to change my name (at least for now). I am in a small town full of traditionalists. I found out I cannot change my name legally and continue to practice under my old name, so I am leaving it alone and will re-visit it when we have kids.

For similar reasons I did not chage my name. I caved at 6 months in because I wanted to feel more like a family and the name mattered to me for that. I kept publishing as Dreamer Maiden Married though. You will know if you want to change it at some point. I did it on a whim because I had a moment of clarity.

You might think this is funny -- it was the first day of class and I was introducing myself to my students and I said, "You can call me Dr. D, or Professor D, but if you call me Mrs. D I am giving you and F!" It surprises me how many students will call a female professor "Mrs." when I cannot imagine them calling a male professor "Mr." :rolleyes: I think it is funny but still want the respect of the proper title.

LtlFirecracker said:
I got my wedding band back. FI sent it to Leon for engraving....and he kept the box :nono: . FI wrote a very polite e-mail asking what happened to it....and I asked FI why he sent the ring back in the box in the first place....oh well. No Leon box for me I guess.

Oh Leon... always full of shenanigans!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
allycat0303 said:
Oh wow!

I haven't been on PS much, but I had to log in to comment on your dress.

You look completely dreamy in that dress. I think you have the PERFECT figure to carry that dress off.

It's so elegent!

Thank you very much, ally. I can't wait to wear the dress 1 week from today :D.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
LtlFirecracker said:
Dreamer_D said:

For similar reasons I did not chage my name. I caved at 6 months in because I wanted to feel more like a family and the name mattered to me for that. I kept publishing as Dreamer Maiden Married though. You will know if you want to change it at some point. I did it on a whim because I had a moment of clarity.

You might think this is funny -- it was the first day of class and I was introducing myself to my students and I said, "You can call me Dr. D, or Professor D, but if you call me Mrs. D I am giving you and F!" It surprises me how many students will call a female professor "Mrs." when I cannot imagine them calling a male professor "Mr." :rolleyes: I think it is funny but still want the respect of the proper title.

LtlFirecracker said:

Oh Leon... always full of shenanigans!

I can see myself wanting to change names once we have kids. Right now I am just not ready to give up my current name as a professional name. It is funny what you say about the proper title. Me and my father had an argument on weather I should use my title at the wedding. He said I would be embarrassing the groom and getting the older people upset if did that. No one would ever tell a male doctor not to use his title in a social situation. My FI has no issues with me using my title, but I think I am going to avoid it because I don't want this to turn into a drama fest.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Could have sworn I commented on this but I guess I didn't!

Dress is divine! Love it and you look fantastic in it! Hurry up and get married so we can see all the pictures!! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
I can see myself wanting to change names once we have kids. Right now I am just not ready to give up my current name as a professional name. It is funny what you say about the proper title. Me and my father had an argument on weather I should use my title at the wedding. He said I would be embarrassing the groom and getting the older people upset if did that. No one would ever tell a male doctor not to use his title in a social situation. My FI has no issues with me using my title, but I think I am going to avoid it because I don't want this to turn into a drama fest.

Now that is something I never thought of! I did not use Dr. at our wedding either, but nor did I go by Mrs... the title never came up! We planned it that way, for some reason I really dislike Mrs as a title. DH always teases me, and some older rellies alwayws send mail to "Mr. and Mrs. X" :rolleyes: He loves it and dances around singing "Mrs Mrs Mrs" when it happens. Funny.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,

I don't like Mrs. either, I don't really know why. Put people at work are already saying "and she will be a Mrs. soon..." I am sure I will get used to it. I am very excited to be getting married, and I feel very lucky and blessed to be marring such a wonderful man. It is just the title stuff I have to get use too. But you know what is funny, I am not using Dr. or Mrs. either, we are just going to be introduced as "the bride and groom myfirstname and hisfirstname" the DJ came up with that, and everyone is happy with it.

On an unrelated subject, after my FI wrote Leon's assistant about the box, he never received a reply....the box just showed up in the mail today. That just made me laugh.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
Could have sworn I commented on this but I guess I didn't!

Dress is divine! Love it and you look fantastic in it! Hurry up and get married so we can see all the pictures!! :bigsmile:

Thank you, the wedding is one week from today. However, the hotel we are staying at for our HM charges $10 a day for internet :o . So the only internet I will have will be on my iphone because I just refuse to pay that, and I figure I should probably take a little online break while on my HM. But I will put pictures up as soon as I get home and get the pics.

The bad thing is that going away just makes my job harder. I have to go into work tomorrow and catch up on paperwork :sick: . The only saving grace is the fact I have time off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results