Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or love

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Poll: What do you dislike that many other ppl like or lo

Prime Rib.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Another dislike: bananas and apples. I especially hate the smell of bananas.

And mushrooms (disgusting)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Amber St. Clare said:
For the life of me I cannot get into, nor do I "get" the love of spectator sports. The whole idea bores me beyond comprehension. My son was regularly on 3 different hockey leagues while he was growing up and I had to look interested. When I was shamed into going to a game I ALWAYS had a book in my bag.

Today husband and son have season tickets to the state hockey team and I am periodically invited. No thanks. I could care less about stats, mascots or anything else. Go, have a good time but please let me be!

BIG DITTO to this!

pearadorer25

Rough_Rock

I dislike-

Pepperoni
Sausages
Orange Juice- too acidic
Red wine
Onions
White chocolate
Peanuts
Dark wood furniture
Homes that are too tidy and minimal inside
The way some people spell the word 'gorgeous' as 'gorjuss' -drives me nuts!! :twisted:
Gardening
Ironing
Yellow gold
Faux leather handbags
Rats
Holidays - yeah, seriously... I am too much of a homebody and hate leaving my chihuahuas!
Travelling
Traffic
Leather Sofas - make me itch
Sitting in the sun
Getting up early
Going to bed early - I'm a night owl

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

texting
cell phones
alcohol
fake people
parties
tv
drunk people
baked beans
diet pop

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock

II have never been to Vegas or Paris, and I don't really have any extreme desire to go to either. I am sure that they are nice, but they just aren't my first vacation choices.

I'm not really a sports fan, although it seems like everyone is. Most people around here get really into college sports, and they are shocked that I don't pull for one team or the other (the two rivaling schools here).

I also don't like anything cherry or grape-flavored, which are pretty much the two most popular.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock

B.E.G. said:

I really hate bananas....smell, texture, taste....Gak! :knockout: I am the only one who doesn't fight to get some of the banana pudding at any family gathering and no thank you to the banana bread, either.

Cilantro! I swear, if cilantro is sitting by itself in a dish within 3 ft from my plate I'll know it.... :errrr:

Leather furniture or car seats....I only want cloth/fabric.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

I hate bananas too, the smell makes me gag. My daughter LOVES them, and likes them mushed up... gah, just the sound of it makes me ill :knockout:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

dianne said:
B.E.G. said:

I really hate bananas....smell, texture, taste....Gak! :knockout: I am the only one who doesn't fight to get some of the banana pudding at any family gathering and no thank you to the banana bread, either.

Cilantro! I swear, if cilantro is sitting by itself in a dish within 3 ft from my plate I'll know it.... :errrr:

Leather furniture or car seats....I only want cloth/fabric.

Omg CILANTRO. I forgot. I HATE cilantro with a passion - it makes me gag.

Funny enough, I like banana bread and love banana pudding, and banana flavoring. I just hate fresh bananas.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like banana bread and bananas, but not anything else banana. No pineapples or muskmelon. No tomatoes, tho I love tomato sauces. No green peppers, tho I like the flavor, so I cook w/them and then pick them out. Mushrooms sometimes. Unless it's Morell's. Those things are by far the sickest and most hideous things I've ever laid eyes on. They look like a disease. Sometimes we get random mushrooms growing in the flower beds or along the railroad ties and they make me mad. I can't stand the sight of them. Oh, and cucumbers, tho I dig pickles. Only dill, not the sweet ones. Those also make me mad. Beets taste like dirt. Pickled anything. My dad loves pickled herring and insists that being 1/2 Swedish I should love it too but..um, no.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

packrat said:
I like banana bread and bananas, but not anything else banana. No pineapples or muskmelon. No tomatoes, tho I love tomato sauces. No green peppers, tho I like the flavor, so I cook w/them and then pick them out. Mushrooms sometimes. Unless it's Morell's. Those things are by far the sickest and most hideous things I've ever laid eyes on. They look like a disease. Sometimes we get random mushrooms growing in the flower beds or along the railroad ties and they make me mad. I can't stand the sight of them. Oh, and cucumbers, tho I dig pickles. Only dill, not the sweet ones. Those also make me mad. Beets taste like dirt. Pickled anything. My dad loves pickled herring and insists that being 1/2 Swedish I should love it too but..um, no.

Haha! I do the same thing with peppers, I cook with them and then immediately pick them out. It's become a running joke in our house, every time my husband makes marinara sauce I start to remind him "Honey, don't forget to pick out the-" and he goes "Yeah yeah yeah, I know, you only like the ESSENCE of pepper." :rolleyes:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Nashville said:
packrat said:

Haha! I do the same thing with peppers, I cook with them and then immediately pick them out. It's become a running joke in our house, every time my husband makes marinara sauce I start to remind him "Honey, don't forget to pick out the-" and he goes "Yeah yeah yeah, I know, you only like the ESSENCE of pepper." :rolleyes:

I do that with onions! I love the flavor, but don't want to eat them :razz: Nashville, Packrat, I think it's totally legit to just want the "essence" :razz:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

hahaha I knew there had to be more picker outer people like me!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

The toy story movies

Rugby

Jogging

Skyscraper heels

Oysters

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nashville said:
Spending a day at the beach. Sand, creatures, blinding sun, seaweed, dog poo and cigarette butts, no thanks! Direct me to the pool :sun:

I'm with Nashville. :)

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

McDonald's

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

sphenequeen said:
McDonald's

Ooo, same! There are a few fast food places I'll occasionally eat at, but I can't stand McDonald's! Blech.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dr Pepper

Mountain Dew

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beer... :knockout:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Hard alcohol and mixed drinks. In college I would drink just about anything, but now I can't stand the taste of hard alcohol except, oddly enough, tequila. I do love me some margaritas, but it's the only thing that doesn't require this face :knockout: I can drink a super strong margarita, just tequila, a dash of lime juice, and some triple sec, but I can't stand the most watered down fruity drink with any other type of alcohol. I have no idea why.

I do love my beer and wine though.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire said:

really? i'm actually surprised! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty said:
Dancing Fire said: