shape
carat
color
clarity

Peach/Pink Spinel...what color side stones?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I want to make a 3 stone ring with this peach/pink spinel.....using diamond side stones. What shape and color do you suggest? The spinel is calibrated 8mm oval. :confused:

peachspinel2.54ctoval.jpg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I like 3 stone oval rings. Maybe something unexpected color-wise for the side stones, like ovals in soft lavender.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooooh I think those crescent shape diamonds would look awesome!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I vote for diamonds too. Something that won't distract the eye from that lovely spinel!

--- Laurie

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I agree diamonds would be nice :)

Is that spinel from gem-earth? Were the vendor pics similar to the stone in real life?

I have 4 stones on their way from them (they're stuck at customs at the moment) but have heard mixed reviews.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
champagne diamonds, small ones. I think they would bring out the pink in the gem.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TIny pastel green pears.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
m00sie said:

Is that spinel from gem-earth? Were the vendor pics similar to the stone in real life?

I have 4 stones on their way from them (they're stuck at customs at the moment) but have heard mixed reviews.

m00sie...Yes, this spinel was from gem-earth....I also purchased a yellow sapphire and a blue sapphire and all three stones were very true to the vendor pics. I was a bit worried because of another post I had read here in CS. But I have to say I was delighted with all three stones. :appl: I will post my irl pics as soon as I get a chance to take some!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking about these for the sides? What do you think?

I color VS2 .82 ct.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh lovely spinel! I also vote for the diamond half-moons.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum said:
Oooh lovely spinel! I also vote for the diamond half-moons.

HotPozzum...just had to laugh...I think while you were posting to my thread I was reading your's about the B & M visit. Such a shame they don't have better educated sales people. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug! said:
m00sie said:

m00sie...Yes, this spinel was from gem-earth....I also purchased a yellow sapphire and a blue sapphire and all three stones were very true to the vendor pics. I was a bit worried because of another post I had read here in CS. But I have to say I was delighted with all three stones. :appl: I will post my irl pics as soon as I get a chance to take some!
Hi taylor- I also like the idea of champagne-ish half moons. May I just suggest though, before you begin investing time and money in having the spinel set are you able to verify it is not a synthetic? I am also a previous buyer from Gem Earth (of a spinel) and I would say after learning what I have I am less than 50% confident my stone is what its supposed to be (real and untreated). I dont believe vendor photos were much of a concern in the other threads, infact I would agree their photos are very representative. But Maureen's reluctance to have any gems sent to reputable labs, and the fact there is alot of doubt that SLP lab exists- well I just wouldnt want you to invest in this ring than find out something disappointing down the track :(sad I hope you dont mind me bringing it up, I thought it prudent in your case as you've also purchased sapphires and have likely paid a decent amount to gem earth for the 3 stones..

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
Taylorbug! said:
m00sie said:

Hi taylor- I also like the idea of champagne-ish half moons. May I just suggest though, before you begin investing time and money in having the spinel set are you able to verify it is not a synthetic? I am also a previous buyer from Gem Earth (of a spinel) and I would say after learning what I have I am less than 50% confident my stone is what its supposed to be (real and untreated). I dont believe vendor photos were much of a concern in the other threads, infact I would agree their photos are very representative. But Maureen's reluctance to have any gems sent to reputable labs, and the fact there is alot of doubt that SLP lab exists- well I just wouldnt want you to invest in this ring than find out something disappointing down the track :(sad I hope you dont mind me bringing it up, I thought it prudent in your case as you've also purchased sapphires and have likely paid a decent amount to gem earth for the 3 stones..

arjunajane...thanks for the information. I did in fact purchase 2 sapphires from gem-earth as well, both with AIGS certs. I didn't get anything with the spinel. Can it be sent for certification? If so, would this go to AIGS as well? I didn't pay alot for the stone, so don't know if it would be worth the expense to certify it or not. Even so, it is a pretty stone. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

:wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot go wrong with diamond accents but in this case, I wouldn’t do colourless diamonds but instead choose colours that will play up the colour like champagne. I like the idea of pastel lavender but finding a matching pair in oval shapes will be more of a challenge.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
You cannot go wrong with diamond accents but in this case, I wouldn’t do colourless diamonds but instead choose colours that will play up the colour like champagne. I like the idea of pastel lavender but finding a matching pair in oval shapes will be more of a challenge.

Chrono....any idea where I could possibly find matching champagne diamonds??? :wavey:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
What about orangy yellow citrines? :bigsmile:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking about something in pale yellow as well...sapphires, zircons, or citrines, depending on the shade are candidates. I like the two stones you posted, but it's hard to see what color they are as they are reflecting the background from what I can see. I'd go for something creamy yellow...if you want larger stones than diamonds for your money, the zircons might be nice, though I think it may be easier to find sapphires. Perhaps if someone has sapphire rough, they can cut the half-moon shapes. Or...that three stone garnet and peridot ring was kinda what I was thinking might look nice with more subdued colors for your spinel.

Laura

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Warm colour diamonds sounnds good, is your I colours on the warm side?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results