clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

mscushion said:
Hi, admins, thanks again for all your work. I looked through this thread, but couldn't find the answer to my question. I was wondering if there is an explanation to be found somewhere of all the symbols to the left of the posts.

I get that there are site notices (with the exclamation mark, but I don't get the two types of stickies, and while I understand that flame threads are "hot", I don't know what it means for one to have a star or have some red lines in it vs. others that don't.

Thanks!

Now that i am pretty comfortable with the icons. ( I think ;-) )

First here are the special attributes to the icons:
mine.gif - The Star means you posted in the topic already.
hot.gif - The Fire means hot/popular topic.
lock.gif - The Lock means the topic is closed/locked

Other than the star, anything red in the icons means that there are new posts in the thread that you have not yet read. Blue means you have already read all of the posts in a particular thread.

Anything Red = unread posts or topics – this includes stickies, announcements, forum and subforum posts

Blue = read .. Nothing new

Here are the basic elements:
announcement-read.png - Announcement (already read) announcement-unread.png - Announcement with unread posts
forum-read.png - Forum (already read) ........... forum-unread.png - Forum with unread posts
forum-read-sub.png - SubForum (already read) ...... forum-unread-sub.png - SubForum unread posts
topic-read.png - Topic (already read) ............ topic-unread.png - Topic unread posts
sticky-unread_0.png - Sticky Topic (already read) ... sticky-unread.png - Sticky Topic unread posts

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
Don't shoot me, I'll do it myself :confused: I've noticed that if you look for a designer [haven't checked the vendors, yet], you have to scroll through them page by page*. May we please have the one page with the icons back? This method leaves me not wanting to use this function. I'll leave quietly...

There are ~five designers per page
It is on the list to make easier to use.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

siamese3 said:
I also miss the option of being able to search a users posts by threads started by the user or just threads they posted in.

We are working on making that easier. In the meantime the Search allows you to put author and search topic title does the same.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
risingsun said:
Don't shoot me, I'll do it myself :confused: I've noticed that if you look for a designer [haven't checked the vendors, yet], you have to scroll through them page by page*. May we please have the one page with the icons back? This method leaves me not wanting to use this function. I'll leave quietly...

There are ~five designers per page
It is on the list to make easier to use.

You love us...you really love us :love:

Are .mov files allowed? I tried to upload one and it only said it was too large

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bean said:
Are .mov files allowed? I tried to upload one and it only said it was too large

I believe .mov are video files, correct? Unfortunately we do not allow videos at this time.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
Now that i am pretty comfortable with the icons. ( I think ;-) )
First here are the special attributes to the icons:
mine.gif - The Star means you posted in the topic already.
hot.gif - The Fire means hot/popular topic.
lock.gif - The Lock means the topic is closed/locked
Other than the star, anything red in the icons means that there are new posts in the thread that you have not yet read. Blue means you have already read all of the posts in a particular thread.
Anything Red = unread posts or topics – this includes stickies, announcements, forum and subforum posts
Blue = read .. Nothing new
Here are the basic elements:
announcement-read.png - Announcement (already read) announcement-unread.png - Announcement with unread posts
forum-read.png - Forum (already read) ........... forum-unread.png - Forum with unread posts
forum-read-sub.png - SubForum (already read) ...... forum-unread-sub.png - SubForum unread posts
topic-read.png - Topic (already read) ............ topic-unread.png - Topic unread posts
sticky-unread_0.png - Sticky Topic (already read) ... sticky-unread.png - Sticky Topic unread posts

Nice! This is great! Thank you!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

My avatar keeps showing up as a box with a small red x in the upper left. How can I get my avatar to show up? :(.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

RockHugger said:
My avatar keeps showing up as a box with a small red x in the upper left. How can I get my avatar to show up? :(.

Hi RockHugger,

I fixed it for you.

For some reason the avatar want to use lower case extensions for images "image.jpg" instead of "image.JPG"

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Stupid question here...I can't figure out how to log out!!! Normally I don't bother logging out, but I logged on at work and realized I was still logged on the next time I signed onto the computer.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

My signature still doesn't save.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

CharmyPoo said:

It seems we are still experiencing some minor issues with IE.

Are you able to try to update your signature with another browser?

If not, I would be happy to do it for you. Just post what you would like.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

jstarfireb said:
Stupid question here...I can't figure out how to log out!!! Normally I don't bother logging out, but I logged on at work and realized I was still logged on the next time I signed onto the computer.

Hi jstarfireb,

Go to Home Page. http://www.pricescope.com

Click on My Pages -> logout

then at the top left try to re-login.

We hope to have this fixed soon

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Thank you! Couldn't find that button for the life of me!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

I'm loving the "go to the latest post" button! Yay!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for closing up the space between topics. It really cuts down on scrolling and allows the reader to view many topics at once.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

This might sound like a stupid question, but where is the login page? For some reason I was logged out and I couldn't find where to login... I had to try to post a response and somehow got taken to a login page. Is it on the home page or what?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Tuckins1 said:
This might sound like a stupid question, but where is the login page? For some reason I was logged out and I couldn't find where to login... I had to try to post a response and somehow got taken to a login page. Is it on the home page or what?

If you are not logged in you should see a login message right above the Pricescope heading. Same place where it says "Welcome, Tuckins1" when you are logged in.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo said:

Mine doesn't save either on Firefox. IE8 doesn't work at all.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock

I don't know why but I am completely unable to post pics.It takes me to myfreeze.com every single time, any help would be appreciated.I use firefox,in case that's an issue.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Amzizzle said:
I don't know why but I am completely unable to post pics.It takes me to myfreeze.com every single time, any help would be appreciated.I use firefox,in case that's an issue.

Can you describe your procedure about postings pics.

As for being taken to myfreeze dot com, it sounds like you are either running some third party application or maybe have a virus.

Pricescope does not have an affiliation of with that site.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

can't copy and drag the "emoticons" like i used to with the old PS. :((

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Dancing Fire said:
can't copy and drag the "emoticons" like i used to with the old PS. :((

It is on the list. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since the problem with seeing the whole post isn't fixed, I cannot see most photos if a post is too long. Sometimes I can grab the edge of the photo attachement that I can see (I can never see the whole thing) and right click and save it to my desktop for viewing. In lieu of this ever getting fixed (I've lost all hope), can you at least provide the links to the photos when we hit quote on the thread, so I can at least cut and paste the link to the browser address. It is so incredibly frustrating not to see pictures. At least I can hit quote and read the post, but I cannot see photos.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock

PS Admin said:
Amzizzle said:

As for being taken to myfreeze dot com, it sounds like you are either running some third party application or maybe have a virus.

I removed myfreeze.com (stupid site), for pics all I do is attach it (just a regular photo I took with my phone) and every time it doesn't go through.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Amzizzle said:
PS Admin said:
Amzizzle said:

I removed myfreeze.com (stupid site), for pics all I do is attach it (just a regular photo I took with my phone) and every time it doesn't go through.

We need more information to try and help. Are you using the Img button? Or trying to insert into the post directly? What browser are you using? What happens when you hit submit?

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock

Ella said:
Amzizzle said:
PS Admin said:
Amzizzle said:

We need more information to try and help. Are you using the Img button? Or trying to insert into the post directly? What browser are you using? What happens when you hit submit?

Sorry I'm pretty lame when it comes to computers. I am not using the IMG button,I am trying to insert the pic directly.I am using firefox and it just times out.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Amzizzle said:
Ella said:
Amzizzle said:
PS Admin said:
Amzizzle said:

Sorry I'm pretty lame when it comes to computers. I am not using the IMG button,I am trying to insert the pic directly.I am using firefox and it just times out.

My guess is that you are not using the correct path name. We still do not allow images that are hosted on websites like shutterfly, etc. so that may be your problem. Is the image you are trying to post hosted on one of those sites? Try using the Img button and then press upload to upload a photo as you would on the old PS. You can also email me the code you are trying to use if you would like.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock

I just noticed I have Trade person, attached to my (very few) posts. Can I remove this? and if I can, how do I go about it?

Also, I tried to see if i could find an answer for my next question, but must not be looking good enough.. Do photo's still have to be resized before posting? Or can we put them in our Image control panel and copy them from there to our post?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Periodically, I cannot login to PS when using Firefox. I get the pink screen of death and it won't accept my username or password. I'm currently on IE8. I often encounter "access denied" when clicking on certain pages, such as searching for posts and being unable to scroll through my image storage. I can't recall if I'm able to use search.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results