shape
carat
color
clarity

Another request for DUST!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend will be so much better than last weekend's calamity! I have tons of stuff to be excited for!

I just got a call from a bank who wants to interview me! I need this job so bad. It pays so much better than my current position and it fits perfectly with my school schedule! The lady made a comment about wanting to interview me soon so that they could get me into training before I started school again. I don't know if I'm being too optimistic, but that sounds like I'm very close to getting this job! So I am going to ask for some job dust! I am probably going to interview tomorrow morning. I really need this job to be able to save some money for next spring when I student teach and won't be able to work, but will still have to pay bills.

Also I'm really excited because BF and I are going to go look at some ideal cut diamonds on Saturday, like we were supposed to do last week. We are really going to get a better idea of a comfortable carat weight, color and budget for my ring!

BF said his boss told him overtime will open up very soon (no clarification on how soon) because they had some last minute projects come in. This means (for those who don't remember from my last request) that BF's paychecks will double and we will be able to afford a ring, which then means an impending proposal!

And this weekend after shopping with BF, me and my best girl friends are going out of town to some outlet malls for a shopping excursion!

Sorry for the random thread, but I'm just so excited about everything! I will update you all with pics from ring shopping and an update on the job!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
******************************DUST**********************

Have a great weekend hon!!!! Sounds like it will be fun

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
That all sounds very exciting. Good luck on your interview and have a wonderful time diamond shopping!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck on your interview and have fun looking at rings and shopping :bigsmile:

********DUST********

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
I dust you!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well this weekend was great! I went to the interview on Friday morning and I feel like it went really well. Both the manager and assistant manager of the branch interviewed me and they were both really nice and not intimidating at all. So, I was pretty comfortable the whole time. The branch really seems like a great place to work, so I really hope I get it! The assistant manager is on vacation this week, and she mentioned they had a few other people to interview as well, so they told me I may not hear back for a while.

My girls and I had a blast shopping this weekend. I got some great bargains and it was just so much fun. I wish we had gotten to stay longer.

BF said that his boss should be telling them today or tomorrow when overtime will be opening. Hopefully, it will open as early as next week. BF is training some new employees for the next month or so, which I always consider a positive thing because he is the third newest employee they have. He hasn't even been there a year and they have trusted him to train people twice already.

Oh and yes we did get to go ring shopping Saturday morning. We didn't go to the jewelry store that has the ideal cut diamonds :(( but we did go to Shane Co to look at their Shane Classic line, which I believe is supposed to be AGS0 diamonds. We went to look at some settings and diamond size. I tried on a cathedral solitaire in WG and a simple four prong solitaire in YG. I still haven't decided if I want YG or WG. BF is most certainly getting YG, and I kind of want to match, but I'm really indecisive and I just can't pick. I tried on a 1 carat, 0.83 carat, and a 0.72 carat. I thought they all looked great on my finger and I really liked the 0.83, but BF thought it looked too small. I could barely see a difference between the 0.83 and the 1 carat, even when she held them next to each other. BF says that he wants to get me the biggest stone possible that fits in our budget. I'm not going to argue, even though the 1 carat looked huge, because I know DSS will set in eventually and this is going to be my forever stone.

BF changed his mind on settings. Last time he liked cathedrals and larger rings, whereas this time he liked no cathedral and smaller rings. I love cathedrals, like the Truth setting from BGD. We are going to have to search though for a setting we both love.

We are already planning a trip to the jewelry store with ideal cut diamonds. We will probably go in October because we will be much closer to being engaged by then.

Ok so I've practically written a book about my weekend. Thanks for sharing in my excitement guys. I will let you know what I hear about the job as soon as I hear something! :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well I received an email this morning that told me I didn't get the job. :blackeye: I needed that job so badly. At this point, I don't even know what to do anymore. I have been applying to jobs since the end of May and I haven't found anything yet. I am going to some place today to take some kind of "test" that you have to take before they interview you. It's probably a bunch of math stuff. I am just so down about all this job stuff. I'm fairly certain that no one wants to hire me because I'm a year away from graduating. But the job I have now just won't be able to give me enough hours during the fall. *sigh* I don't even want to go to the test thing anymore.

Thanks for listening to my rant if you made it through all that.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry May, but go take the test. It sucks because of your situation. I know, ive had a friend out of work for almost 2 years, and another for a year. You have to get back out there, as painful as it is, to find work. Is it possible to maybe not work in the fall, or is that not a option?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh so sorry to hear about the job. is there another job on campus that you can pick up some extra hours? good luck with the test and deciding on a ring :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well I did go take the test. It went great and they ended up interviewing me while I was there. She said I should get a call from their hiring manager in a few days for a second interview. She sounded very confident that I was a good match for this job. So, I'm going to cross my fingers for this one!

I wish I could just not work this fall. Trust me, it would be so much easier. But, next spring I will be student teaching and that will take up all of my time. I will literally be working as much if not more than an actual teacher. I will be working with one specific teacher and do exactly everything that she does. I have to be there when she is there and leave when she leaves, etc. Plus, I have a senior seminar class that I have to take during the same semester. So, I absolutely cannot work next spring, unless I work only on Saturdays. Because of this, I have to work this fall in order to save enough money to cover my gas and bills for next spring.

Thanks for the support guys!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now i understand May. Yes, my advisor actually informed me that i will at some time be doing this, but she told me, i will have 2 semesters were i will not be able to work. I understand completely now, and im sorry hon. Im sending you extra Dust for this job, and wishing you the best. Please keep us informed.

*******************DUST*******************

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Here's some DUST******** I'm hoping that everything works out for the best and you get the job. Not working isn't easy I had to quit my job to focus more on nursing school and take out student loans it'll pay off one day. Please keep us updated.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well I had the interview this morning and it went great! The manager actually stopped in the middle of it and asked me if I was sure I had never worked at a bank before because I was giving them the answers that they were looking for! Both the assistant manager and the manager were really nice and easy to make small talk with. They told me at the end of it that the interview was great and that I should hear back from them soon. However, they also mentioned that they do have someone to interview tomorrow, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I also am feeling a little guilty because I will only need or really be able to stay at this job through the end of this year. They said training takes roughly three weeks of full time work and I feel a little guilty that they will be spending all that time to train me when I will probably quit this December. But at the same time, it's like I need the money and I really have no other options at this point. I guess there is the possibility that they would let me keep working on only Saturdays next spring while I student teach. And they may be able to provide me with a job during the summers while I'm not teaching. I really don't know.

We still don't know when overtime is going to open up for BF. They keep saying "soon". He emailed his boss last week to ask about it and they told him that it would start this week. But, it still hasn't. So, I don't really know what is up with that. Hopefully it will start in August. That's when they were originally predicted that they would have to open it.

This isn't really following my original topic, but BF and I have started a savings fund for furniture and things we will need once we move in together. We went shopping last weekend to look at King size mattresses and beds, couches, tables, etc. We got an idea for our taste and how much that taste is going to cost us. Hopefully we will have enough money saved by next year to purchase all of it without using credit.

But, just wanted to give you all an update on my job search and everything. Hopefully I will be able to come back in a few days with some good news!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Luckyeshe!

Well BF is officially beginning to work overtime today! While I hate to see him work his little tush off, we are both excited that this will help us to move forward, not only with an engagement, but also with things like moving in together, saving for a honeymoon, etc. I think BF is ready to get the ball moving on our engagement and by the looks of it, we may be engaged by my birthday (Nov 26)!! :D I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I'm still so excited! Now if I could just get this job, everything would start falling into place!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you tons of job-dust MayFlowers!!

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and offer you some job dust! I know how excited you must be about everything. It's an awesome feeling when you realize that your bf is as excited about engagement and moving in and everything as you are. Hoping nothing but the best for you!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers said:
Thanks Luckyeshe!

Well BF is officially beginning to work overtime today! While I hate to see him work his little tush off, we are both excited that this will help us to move forward, not only with an engagement, but also with things like moving in together, saving for a honeymoon, etc. I think BF is ready to get the ball moving on our engagement and by the looks of it, we may be engaged by my birthday (Nov 26)!! :D I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I'm still so excited! Now if I could just get this job, everything would start falling into place!

Well to help out heres some more dust for you

*************************DUST**********************

Keep us posted on how things coem along with the job

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results