shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY Table Numbers!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I'd share what I've been working on lately...

I just finished making these table numbers this morning. I made them to match our wedding invitations (which I did NOT make myself). I printed the text on ivory cardstock, and attached the 5/8" chocolate ribbon to the ivory card, and then attached that to the green cardstock. They are double-sided so that our guests can see the table numbers from either side of the tables. Now I just have to find the right table number holders. Anyone have any ideas?

all of them:

a little closer:

close-up view:

PAS_4643_small.JPG

PAS_4640_small.JPG

PAS_4642_small.JPG

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Those look amazing!! Good job :) I noticed we have the same wedding date, 3 months from today!! :appl:

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
These came out great! Very pretty.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
missjaxon said:
Wow, Those look amazing!! Good job :) I noticed we have the same wedding date, 3 months from today!! :appl:

Thanks MissJaxon! Yep, only 3 more months...aren't you excited???

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
mayachel said:
These came out great! Very pretty.

Thanks mayachel! I love those purple shoes you posted the other day. I'm always looking for cute flats!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
They look really really good!!!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I just realized we have the same wedding date and threw up in my mouth a little realizing HOW FREAKING FAR BEHIND I AM!

These look awesome btw. I'm so copying you. Immediately.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Also - quick thread jack - when are 10.10.10'ers sending their invitations??? (Mine are not EVEN done!!!) :o :angryfire: 8) :sick:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
They look really really good!!!

Thanks Autumnovember! They were pretty fun to make, and didn't take that long at all.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
megumic said:
I just realized we have the same wedding date and threw up in my mouth a little realizing HOW FREAKING FAR BEHIND I AM!

These look awesome btw. I'm so copying you. Immediately.

You can totally copy me megumic! Let me know if you need any help, or if you want me to make them for you. I had fun making these, and will be making some for one of my other friends too.

Oh, and I just picked up my invitations yesterday, but will not be sending them out until mid-August or so. I have the RSVP set as 9/20, which gives me about 3 weeks to plan the tables. But I'm only expecting 75-100 guests, so you may need more time if you have a bigger guest list to sort through.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Great job!!!!!!!!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
princessplease said:
Great job!!!!!!!!!

Thanks princessplease! How about you, are you all ready for your upcoming wedding? I'm sure you're excited!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice and clean looking. I like your color combination. These really look like they were professionally done (only better).

What type of holders do you have in mind? Traditional? Ready use? DIY? Standing or hanging?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
Nice and clean looking. I like your color combination. These really look like they were professionally done (only better).

What type of holders do you have in mind? Traditional? Ready use? DIY? Standing or hanging?

Thanks TooPatient! They definitely didn't cost as much to make as ordering professional ones from my local Wedding Invitation shop.

As for the holders, I was thinking standing ones, but I really haven't seen any that I like so far. Also, I realized that I didn't leave too much space on the bottom edge of the cards to actually "hold". I can't even imagine how I would DIY either, so I'm a little stumped.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sandyandisaac said:
TooPatient said:

Thanks TooPatient! They definitely didn't cost as much to make as ordering professional ones from my local Wedding Invitation shop.

As for the holders, I was thinking standing ones, but I really haven't seen any that I like so far. Also, I realized that I didn't leave too much space on the bottom edge of the cards to actually "hold". I can't even imagine how I would DIY either, so I'm a little stumped.

I saw an interesting idea yesterday. I didn't particularly care for how they had done it, but the idea could be adapted.
The people decorated empty wine bottles and stuck the table numbers in the cork. I think this could be adapted to use any container with a cork cut to fit. (maybe a tall flower vase?) Could probably use a candle (or wax melted and formed to fit the opening) to hold the numbers so it is pretty and colored rather than plain cork.

wine.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Sandy, Those look GREAT!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
I saw an interesting idea yesterday. I didn't particularly care for how they had done it, but the idea could be adapted.
The people decorated empty wine bottles and stuck the table numbers in the cork. I think this could be adapted to use any container with a cork cut to fit. (maybe a tall flower vase?) Could probably use a candle (or wax melted and formed to fit the opening) to hold the numbers so it is pretty and colored rather than plain cork.

Cool idea TooPatient. I'll have to keep it in mind once I start envisioning my table arrangements. I know that I have those 8-foot rectangular banquet tables instead of rounds, so I have to figure out how to stretch the decoration down the entire length of the table. So far, all I have is some brown and green table runners that I'll be using.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
wannaBMrsH said:
Sandy, Those look GREAT!

Thanks MrsH! I was surprised by how quick and easy they were to make. My next project will be the guest placecards, which I'm thinking will take a lot longer.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
you should be proud of your work, those are awesome!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
So nice! I love seeing great DIY projects. Thanks for sharing.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
lulu66 said:
you should be proud of your work, those are awesome!

Thanks lulu! I wasn't brave enough to do my own invitations though, but you've definitely inspired me with your own invitations.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Should Be Studying said:
So nice! I love seeing great DIY projects. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks SBS! I can't wait to start working on my DIY place cards.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Hey...Those look great!! Good job! I bet you're super excited that the wedding is practically around the corner!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Bleed Burnt Orange said:
Hey...Those look great!! Good job! I bet you're super excited that the wedding is practically around the corner!!

Thanks fellow Longhorn ;))! Yeah, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to finish all the little details in the next couple of months. I feel like I'm a bit scatter-brained, and am doing things all out of order.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results