shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Diana wore as a headband the sapphire/diamond choker on velvet that she had made from the watch on a state visit to Japan, the only time I'm aware of that she did so.

She had her hair slicked back, as in the 2 photos, shortly post-separation, wasn't it? Accepting an award in NYC. Seemed like she was trying for something new but I'm glad she didn't repeat that particular hairdo. She looked good with it up & back, though -- she would have looked nice that way as she got older too.

No answers to my question about the lovely flower brooch of the Queen's -- I take that to mean nobody else has seen photos of her wearing it either?

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
shadowed_rain said:
MJ, for the record, I've also had dreams with royalty in them...one particular dream I recall CP Mary asking me to babysit her children. Odd, but a pleasant dream :sun:

Also, Bobby, the picture that you posted of Diana with her hair with a "pouf/fringe," she's wearing the Saudi Arabia sapphire parure that she received as a wedding gift. Perhaps those are the sapphires we were discussing earlier? I'm not sure of the provenance of the sapphire bandeau/choker.

While we're on the topic of Diana's hair, I remembered that I'd seen a photo of Diana with her hair slicked back, and found two more. Enjoy!

Rachel, when was that earlier discussion of Diana's sapphires? I can't quite remeber... And just for the record - the parure she received does not include a choker. These were all added later.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
Diana wore as a headband the sapphire/diamond choker on velvet that she had made from the watch on a state visit to Japan, the only time I'm aware of that she did so.

She had her hair slicked back, as in the 2 photos, shortly post-separation, wasn't it? Accepting an award in NYC. Seemed like she was trying for something new but I'm glad she didn't repeat that particular hairdo. She looked good with it up & back, though -- she would have looked nice that way as she got older too.

No answers to my question about the lovely flower brooch of the Queen's -- I take that to mean nobody else has seen photos of her wearing it either?

--- Laurie

JewelFreak, I searched all my files of the Queen for a photo but didn't found one. I'll ask of TheRoyalForums. Maybe one of their brooch experts has one... The brooch is really nice and because of the santimental value I'd be surprised if she hasn't worn it at least once.

Bobby

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
I meant the sapphires we were talking about a few posts up on the page :)) And yes, you're correct, the sapphires in question contain a necklace and earrings for sure, and perhaps a brooch?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
shadowed_rain said:
I meant the sapphires we were talking about a few posts up on the page :)) And yes, you're correct, the sapphires in question contain a necklace and earrings for sure, and perhaps a brooch?

Ohh, I see. I thought we've discussed them earlier and you were making a reffernce. Sorry.
Apart from a necklace (with pendant) and earrings, the sapphire suit from the Saudi Arabian Crown Prince includes a braclet, watch and ring. A brooch with huge sapphire and diamons was a present fom The Queen Mother and Princess Diana made it the center of a multi row pearl choker (worn on your photos). Obviously the Princess didn't like the watch and made a pair of earrings that could be worn with or without a second sapphire/diamond pendant (my photo for her pirthday, my 3rd post from today and yours). Since she already had a sapphire ring (her engagement ring), Diana used the sapphire and diamond cluster from the wedding present ring for a choker (my second photo today).

Here you can see a photo of the wedding present from SA - http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/sapphiresuite.jpg

And a photo of The late Princess of Wales wearing the necklace, earrings and bracelet from the (dami) parure:

JewelsDianawearingtheCrownPrinceje.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Oooppss... I was a bit wrong! Here's what Field sais in her book from 1987 -
The oval sapphire from the ring was set in the diamond sunray frame of the watch and is now the centrepiece of a wide choker of midnight-blue velvet backed with Velcro

That makes the choker from LadyMaria's photo that started the discussion and the one from my first reply the choker in question. The one I thought was made from the ring is obviously another jewel that has nothing to do with the Saudi Arabian wedding present.

Sincere apologies everyone!!!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak, here 's what Joye and GillW from TRF wrote about the pink and blue sapphire brooch

Joye:
Yes, this brooch has been worn at various times. [...] my picture has The Queen wearing it , wearing a pink suit with checkered contrast.

Gill:
02-Aug-01 BP inspection pink jacquard check
15-Nov-94 Ascot School & Licenced Victuallers purple
03-Jul-72 Concorde 02 at Heathrow monochrome - dark tones
04-Jul-92 London pink suit with checked collar

Lets see if I can find some photos.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to Queen Elizabeth on the news that she will be a great-grandmother come December! Peter and Autumn Phillips are expecting their first baby.

I think becoming a great-grandmother will be worthy of adding something new and sparkly, don't you think? Maybe a new brooch? I say it should have tanzanite in it because she does not have anything in tanzanite, and tanzanite is accepted as the modern birthstone for December, which is when the baby is due.

dianab

Rough_Rock
Hi,

This is my first message in forum.

I have some QUESTIONS:

Does anyone know which jewelry that was purchased this earrings?
Does anyone know if this earrings were a gift from Charles or someone else?
PS. I think so beautiful this earrings!!!! :love:

0000312889-006.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Grace, Princess of Monaco

garceksla.jpg

garces.jpg

GK1.jpg

gk15at3.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Grace of Monaco

gk2port4.jpg

GIB03042315.jpg

gkbeauty10.jpg

GPS-VIP-80439.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess Grace of Monaco

grac10.jpg

grac0.jpg

gkm5.jpg

grac2vr9.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess Grace

Grace%C3%B6%C3%B6%C3%B6.jpg

grace-a.jpg

GRACE1159668237.jpg

grace1970.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess Grace

grace216kd4.jpg

grace23.jpg

grace250so8.jpg

graceblackdresshairtiara67.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
dianab said:
Hi,

This is my first message in forum.

I have some QUESTIONS:

Does anyone know which jewelry that was purchased this earrings?
Does anyone know if this earrings were a gift from Charles or someone else?
PS. I think so beautiful this earrings!!!! :love:

when I remember right, they were a gift from an Arab Kingdom

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Princess Grace's engagement ring.

princess-grace-ring-22.jpg

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
It is scary to think that Charles picked Camellia over Diana. The jewerly is so pretty and the colors wow. Camilla needs a new look and I am sorry but I just don't like her. The queen makes her look like a wall flower

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Camilla needs to be behind the camera not in front.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Re:

tourmaline_lover said:
Date: 6/27/2010 11:41:46 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
And finaly Camilla (and QEQM) wearing a diamond bow brooch that was a wedding present to Lady Elizabeth in 1923:
The Queen Mum would be rolling over in her grave right now knowing that Camilla is wearing all her gems. 
32.gif

The Queen Mum would never allowed Charles to marry Camilla.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Diana was a amazing women and she will be missed

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
JewelFreak, here 's what Joye and GillW from TRF wrote about the pink and blue sapphire brooch

Joye:
Yes, this brooch has been worn at various times. [...] my picture has The Queen wearing it , wearing a pink suit with checkered contrast.

Gill:
02-Aug-01 BP inspection pink jacquard check
15-Nov-94 Ascot School & Licenced Victuallers purple
03-Jul-72 Concorde 02 at Heathrow monochrome - dark tones
04-Jul-92 London pink suit with checked collar

Lets see if I can find some photos.

Bobby

Bobby, thanks for finding that info on QE's brooch! I'll try to dig up photos also of her wearing it. It's such a pretty piece -- I like the colors & the design that allows light through the stones.

Oh sigh, agree with all of you about Camilla's wearing the QM's jewels; I don't think she'd be best pleased at that. I tell myself that it's her privilege to wear them but can't help feeling grumpy about it. If she looked better in them it might be easier to be reconciled.

Dianab, great pics of Princess Grace! Do you know anything about the beautiful diamond necklace she's wearing with the pink dress (holding a dog) and in the early photo with knockout drop cluster earrings? Wow, is all I can say!

--- Laurie

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

QueenShelly said:
tourmaline_lover said:
Date: 6/27/2010 11:41:46 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
And finaly Camilla (and QEQM) wearing a diamond bow brooch that was a wedding present to Lady Elizabeth in 1923:
The Queen Mum would be rolling over in her grave right now knowing that Camilla is wearing all her gems. 
32.gif

The Queen Mum would never allowed Charles to marry Camilla.

I don't mind Camilla at all. I could go on further, but it might come across as mean spirited.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
If camilla was younger and had her looks about her it would be more appealing to the eye. She is not royal material and never will be. Im sure she is enjoying the jewels and such. It takes class to wear these items and the Queen puts her to shame along with the other royal family members.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
I would love to have Gracie's ring it is amazing

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Here is something I found

spritofdegrisogonoblackdiamond.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Dianab, great shots of Princess Grace!

Bobby- what tiara is Princess Grace wearing in the picture with the enormous peach hoopskirt dress? I don't recognize it it all!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Prince Nikolas, Tatiana, and Princess Madeline at an London event. Tatiana is not wearing anything really super (earrings), but check out the bracelet of Madeline...not sure if it is real or not but I like how it matches the belt on her dress.

nicktatianamadeline.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results