shape
carat
color
clarity

Creative ways to deliver a gift?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Hi folks,

Tomorrow is my anniversary with my boyfriend. Finally! We have a nice night planned: dinner where we had our first date, then going to see the fireworks. Sadly, I know there will be no proposal, as I had originally hoped, because we''re just getting back on track financially since he started working again. But I''m excited for a great day with my favorite person.

I know he has a present of some sort for me. Not sure what it is, or how big a present it is. I have a present for him as well, sort of. I''m buying us tickets for our Disney trip in October (FYI: it''s a great deal for us, cheap tickets and free lodging/transportation/park tickets from my cousin, the Disney employee, so no financial worries there!). I haven''t purchased the tickets yet, since we both need to clear the dates with work and make sure my cousin will be available that week. So I have no physical present to give him. I want to give him something at dinner tomorrow night. I''ve thought of making a Disney-themed card, a voucher, or something similar, but everything I''ve envisioned seems sort of cheesy. So what''s a good way to present an immaterial gift?

Any ideas?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well Disney is sort of cheesy, no :D I think all of your ideas are good, wrap up a card or a voucher or something, I like the idea of incorporating disney-theme or disney stickers :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I see a few posts got deleted, so here's my quick update:

Thanks for the suggestions. In the end, you're right: Disney is cheesy. So I decided to embrace the cheese. I made him a photo collage with pictures of us superimposed on pictures of Disney World. He hung it on the fridge, so he must not have hated it! He's been talking about Disney non-stop ever since. Seriously, he took me on Google Earth and zoomed in on all the Disney rides and landmarks. He's very excited.

We had an amazing anniversary. Alas, no engagement ring yet, but he gave me a beautiful amethyst bracelet. It was the first time he had ever given me jewelry of any kind, actually. And he did an amazing job. Amethyst is my birthstone, and I have an amethyst necklace I wear almost every day and an amethyst claddagh ring (plus the ring from my grandmother in the avatar picture). I also wear a two-tone watch, and he remembered that and picked out a bracelet that has both white and yellow gold. He thought it would match both my necklace (yellow gold) and my claddagh (silver), and it does, beautifully. It also has microscopic diamonds, literally almost invisible to the naked eye, haha, but it's quite all right. I'm in love with the amethysts. He kept apologizing and saying he's terrible at picking out jewelry, but it's really pretty perfect. He gave it to me at about 7 AM on the morning of our anniversary when I woke up to go to the bathroom. I was going to go back to bed after that, but apparently he could not wait another second! So we spent the day lazing by the pool, then had an amazing dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date, and went to a nearby park to watch some fireworks.

Now that I know he can pick out nice jewelry, I'm even more excited to go ring shopping with him in a few more months.

blacksandbracelet.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh pretty bracelet!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results