carat
color
clarity

EEK Pricescope 2.0 is Here!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so different.

I like the colors, but not many threads fit on one page so there's lots of scrolling.

It feels weird, like moving into a new home.

What do you think?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got home from vacation. I have to get used to it. I like it so far....

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I am not such a fan of the scrolling either, but I do like the color and the changes to the emoticons.

I just don't know why I was marked as a "trades person" when the conversion hit. It's a dream of mine, but it wasn't true :lol:

The extra stuff in the profile should be fun though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read Ella's pinned thread about 2.0 issues.

I'm very disappointed there are no PMs, but I understand.
It would have been wonderful to be able to take a conversation offline sometimes.
The problem is people would abuse it to cause trouble, as I've seen in other fora.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it so far. :))

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks generic. Like many other forums.

I find the colours very bright and active whereas the predominant grey was very easy on my tired eyes.

It takes much longer to load each page.

The task bar on the reply is very basic: I miss my little paperclips and the such.

So far, I prefer P.S.1 :blackeye:

Whine...moan...etc

That said, Well done to all behind the scenes for getting her up and running. Especially over a holiday. I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Back again,

Does anybody else see the topic icons moving*; as if some were scrolling down by themseves? It is boggling to see :-o .

* To the left of the topic title.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 15.5 wide laptop so everything displays across by screen but I have to scroll up and down a lot. I have been thinking of getting a smaller laptop (13 or 14 inches) this might change my mind.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Like I said in our last thread about this....
I hate change. I'm terrible at it. But, I'm sure once we all spend a little time here and get used to things, it'll be fine.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I also like PS v1 better. I feel like a lot of my favorite features are much more difficult to accomplish now - ie. View Threads by User is something I used every day. I hope there will be continous improvement on the usability and interface of PS v2 - appears that a lot of our input was not taken into consideration. It is nearly impossible for me to use PS on my blackberry now. It will take me some time to adapt to the change.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree CharmyPoo, it's tough using the blackberry now. :rolleyes:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I wonder what the 'manage groups' is about? It seems a little clique to me; to be managed by different admins with different team colours. I hope it does not turn out to be a popularity contest.

I wonder too if that was the reason for the recent pricescope prosumer designations; to make 'team leads'?

:read:

Finally (for now :wink2: ) I wonder if a marketplace made it over? I see that PM's did not.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked having each thread title being the same color-the alternating colors make my eyes jump right to the next darkest, so I don't see everything. Just have to adjust I guess.

We changed part of our computer system at work a month ago and I still detest it. 10 clicks to do things that used to take 1 click-drives me crazy.

I'm probably just grouchy from that change.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just too much blue for me....matter a fact, I'm feeling blue :blackeye: .
Its going to take a while for me to get used to this.

All our avatars are blurry now. Kenny, you need to clean your octavia!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I always find change weird, and then a month later I'm fine. So I'm hoping that'll be the case.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

Great job to the admin team.

edited: the thing I complained about is there after all..... will take a while to discover all the features.
lots of blue however, prefere the grey tones.

:wavey:

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I have to say...I was worried, but I actually don't find it sufficiently different to quibble. I'm glad it's here and think the admins did a fine job.

I really wish they had opted for PMs, though. Especially in a forum like this, there are so many times when one might want to contact user in a more private setting..

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well....I'm ok with all of it.

EXCEPT that it is really, really, really slow. It's slow to load. Slow to type and to scroll down. There's a significant lag for me that wasn't there with the old PS. I'm not really sure why that is.

It is however, slightly faster then the other time we briefly switched to 2.0.

I don't know computer or website stuff, but I'm really hoping it will improve with time.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I find all the blue to be hard on my eyes. I liked the old color scheme and page layout much better. With my carpal tunnel, it's hard for me to be scrolling all the time. (All that kvetching makes me sound like I'm 85 years old--I'm only 26!)

When I went to my profile section, I was intrigued by the "Friends and Foes" section. I definitely think a "Who are your Friends and Foes?" thread will happen at some point. Should be interesting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got back from a mini-vacation and I completely forgot about the PS change 'til I logged in today and found it different! I like it so far though. I'm not having any issues w/ seeing pictures, wasted space on the screen (smaller laptop so it's never an issue for me), loading time is fine.. Haven't tried uploading pics yet, I hope they allow html

I do like that you can delete a post - too often I write something, rethink it, and have to post "edit" or "del" in the now empty space.. I don't like the colour change, and there's no point to having the thread title repeat between every post.

I for one am glad PMs aren't being incorporated. kittybean - ITA on the 'friends and foes' becoming public sooner or later, though I'd much rather it didn't

ETA: I'm now editing my post for the third time, but it only says the once..

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thoughts so far:

Overall, I like it! A few thing do come to mind though:

There is A LOT of scrolling to do. That's something I'm not crazy about, to be honest.

I know others have complained about the amount of wasted space. I don't have that problem (in that PS is sized just right for my screen), but there is ton of space in the text/reply box and around the titles of each thread in general. It's just something to get used to I guess. It doesn't bother me though. It is a tad easier on the eyes.

The submit button (to submit a reply to a post) is at the very bottom of the screen. I'd love to see it higher on the screen, near the text box or above the emoties.

I liked how, in PS1, you could click on the post of the last person to reply in a thread. Now, you have to click on the last page in that thread and then scroll down to the end.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm complaining because I know how big of a job this must have been for Andrey, Ella, and everyone else. Thank you for all your efforts!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe I see a "post reply" button right above everyone's posts? That's strange

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I thought of deleting my first post (I love having the ability to do so!) but decided to leave it alone. I really don't mean to whine, honest! Sorry if it comes across that way.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm not too fond of change either - unless it hits me right off as being better than what I had. That hasn't happened with this.

I still cannot see others posted pictures and the format just seems off to me. I too prefer the grey color - it's just easier on the eyes.

Ask me again in a week - hopefully I will like it better at that time. I can't help but wonder if we'll lose activity here because of the new forum - guess time will tell!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I was on old PS a couple hours ago, went to dinner, and came back to new PS! Now, I just want to play instead of studying...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
yssie said:
Zoe I see a "post reply" button right above everyone's posts? That's strange

Yssie, I clicked on "Post reply" to reply to you but in order to submit my reply, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen. Maybe I'm just lazy but there's just a lot of scrolling to do just to submit a message.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope I shall get used to it. I agree with Steal; the color resembles other forums.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
This isn't a big deal so I didn't want to post in the "concerns" category that Ella and the others are working one, BUT, WHY are some posters names shown in red and others in blue???

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a little tired and cranky right now, I probably shouldn't even be responding...but I agree about the scrolling, and my screen shifts horizontally, so that when I scroll down I also have to keep the screen centered or it veers to one side...probably not explaining this well, sorry about that.

Eh, I'm sorry for being negative, I know a lot of work went into PS2, and I appreciate it. From what I understand from other posters, it's much easier to post pics. I'm sure I'll get used to the changes, just kind of missing PS1 right now.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We will be continually updating and improving things. Think of this as a starting point. We hope to address some of the bigger issues such as scrolling soon.

There are still things we are figuring out as well so please bear with us. It is a huge change for us but there are many new features that everyone has been asking for that we could not accomodate on the old forum.

We think that most people will find the change a positive one. We promise to keep working on the issues but PS wasn't built in a day. This new forum has been a long time in the making so change may not be instant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results