shape
carat
color
clarity

BF thinks he''s *so* funny!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
As I''ve posted on here recently, BF and I have finally gone ring shopping a few times. I taught him some of the things I''ve learned about diamonds from PriceScope, and we decided on the specs we want in a diamond, and we looked at a few settings and talked about what we liked about each of them. We decided we''ll buy the diamond from an online vendor, then have it set locally. I''ve found some diamonds online and narrowed it down to just a handful that I really love.

One day last week, he brought up getting the ring, and I asked if he wants to go ahead and buy the diamond online really soon, and he said yes.
6.gif
! (And I know that to him ''really soon'' means probably within a week or two.) I showed him two that I love and was telling him the differences in them... And he said that now that he knows what I like and what I want, he wants to handle it and let it be a bit of a surprise.

23.gif

I am so used to planning everything we do, because he always wants me to. I''m the one out of all our friends who always gets picked to organize anything. If several of us are going to do something, everyone calls me to coordinate between each other, even if I don''t want to be the planner. And now this is not going according to my plan! LOL! I thought this whole time that I would be sitting beside him as *we* picked which diamond to buy and bought it. And that I''d be there when he opened the package with the diamond in it. And again when he took it to have it set. Maybe not when he picked it up, but I figured I would know when it was ready.

He''s having so much fun teasing me already. He told me he knows it''s driving me crazy that I don''t know exactly what''s going on. And he told me that maybe he already has a diamond and has it set and it''s hidden. I told him I promised I won''t look for it, but to tell me if he''s bought it - and he won''t. He actually told my mom about that entire conversation this weekend! I think it''s coming very soon. If it''s not in the next few weeks, I think I might explode with impatience!

I think (and hope!) now might be the time to ask for DUST?!
5.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
*****************DUST*********************

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! You have just described me! ROFL I can really sympathize with you in being the planner
and perhaps a bit more involved than would be expected in the choosing of a ring, but BF has
recently done the same. It''s nerve racking and exciting at the same time
3.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
CMF...#23 is lucky!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
And after the next list update, it''s all yours!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And you totally described what happened with us. We picked out the setting together and I sent him the links to several diamonds online from different vendors. He ended up ordering one...didn''t know if he kept it, sent it back, or what.

Turns out he kept it, set it, and now it''s at home on my finger!

So just trust him. He''ll do a GREAT job!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
DUST!!!!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Jessie: Thanks!

Mashira: I thought all along he wanted me to be completely involved in the whole process. Now suddenly he decides otherwise and wants to surprise me. It''s very exciting, but yes, I''m all nerves now.

vc10um: That''s true! You did leave me some luck at #23, I had forgot! Oh oh oh, I hope it is soon. I''m sure he''ll do fine, I do trust him, but I just hope he does fine *soon* before I keel over from trying to wait. Oh, and I forgot to say earlier that he asked me to email him links of those couple diamonds I really like. (And now I''m checking the site nonstop... and wondering whether they''ll take down a diamond immediately if it gets bought. LOL!)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 9:58:03 PM
Author: crossmyfingers
Jessie: Thanks!

Mashira: I thought all along he wanted me to be completely involved in the whole process. Now suddenly he decides otherwise and wants to surprise me. It''s very exciting, but yes, I''m all nerves now.

vc10um: That''s true! You did leave me some luck at #23, I had forgot! Oh oh oh, I hope it is soon. I''m sure he''ll do fine, I do trust him, but I just hope he does fine *soon* before I keel over from trying to wait. Oh, and I forgot to say earlier that he asked me to email him links of those couple diamonds I really like. (And now I''m checking the site nonstop... and wondering whether they''ll take down a diamond immediately if it gets bought. LOL!)

I TOTALLY did that. I knew when he bought the first diamond, and that ended up being IT!
9.gif

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 10:09:06 PM
Author: vc10um

I TOTALLY did that. I knew when he bought the first diamond, and that ended up being IT!
9.gif

Good! So it''s not just me!

Now, I wonder if he''ll buy a different diamond than the two I''m watching out for, since he knows I''m checking back on them. Hmmmmmmmm.
27.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I do relate to being "The planner", except I just call it what it is for me in that I''m just a control freak.

Good luck, I hope your SO get''s his act together and get''s that ring on your finger ASAP!

Gigantic pink ***DUST***

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 10:54:56 PM
Author: 4ever
I do relate to being ''The planner'', except I just call it what it is for me in that I''m just a control freak.

Good luck, I hope your SO get''s his act together and get''s that ring on your finger ASAP!

Gigantic pink ***DUST***

You know, I really never was a control freak, but in the last couple years it''s like I''ve been molded into one, since no one else around me ever plans anything at all. Well darn! When exactly did I turn into a control freak?!
38.gif
LOL!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 11:13:31 PM
Author: crossmyfingers

Date: 6/29/2010 10:54:56 PM
Author: 4ever
I do relate to being ''The planner'', except I just call it what it is for me in that I''m just a control freak.

Gigantic pink ***DUST***

You know, I really never was a control freak, but in the last couple years it''s like I''ve been molded into one, since no one else around me ever plans anything at all. Well darn! When exactly did I turn into a control freak?!
38.gif
LOL!
It''s not really a bad thing, and I agree that the more chilled out everyone around me is, the more I will work to make sure everything get''s sorted. On the occasions that I''ve given up and just let another friend plan somthing it''s just never seemed to actually happen in the end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results