shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you want to move?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love our house. It is on a very small lot two blocks from the ocean. There are no stairs, which is wonderful compared to the other houses we have owned. We are in a historic district. I wish we had a garage and more storage, but I love the house too much to ever want to move.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love our house (be it ever so humble) and I grew up in this town. I am very content. DH, on the other hand is sick of our weather and wants to move someone new. Sigh.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh heck no! We built our house about 10 years ago and there is no way I would want to have to move!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 9:40:58 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i wanna move to a smaller house with a bigger backyard,but at our age we don''t want to carry a mortgage,plus a big increase in property tax.
Ah, but DF, you''d have to MOW that bigger backyard. Aren''t you gettin'' a little old for that?
12.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 10:19:31 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

i wanna move to a smaller house with a bigger backyard,but at our age we don''t want to carry a mortgage,plus a big increase in property tax.
Ah, but DF, you''d have to MOW that bigger backyard. Aren''t you gettin'' a little old for that?
12.gif
i need a bigger backyard for my koi pond not for grass.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 10:36:32 PM

12.gif
9.gif
Oh, well that makes more sense!
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love our house. We have lived here 6 years, and bought it when it was just a lot. We have a small back yard and we were able to put a pool/spa and patio in. We just finally got the landscaping finished. But sometimes I wish it was smaller, and I wish it was closer to all my friends. DH and I grew up in an LA suburb and he still works there and all our friends are there. We make a
point to get together, but I wish it was easier. We stayed in this area because we found a great school that we send our kids too.

Our neighborhood is much like yours Kenny, we have block parties and christmas dinners when we go from house to house. There are a lot of kids my sons age and in the summer they
all go from pool to pool in the neighborhood. I wouldn''t want anything else for him. Makes a memorable childhood I think.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have no complaints about my current house.

But I would love to be back in California.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely want to move. I''ve already made some negative but very accurate assessments regarding the quality of life for a single WASP professional woman in the Youngstown, OH area. This region is truly a cesspool of stupidity, crime, and boolsheet. The arsons really get on my nerves.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not particularly. All our friends and family are here, but if we had to, like if JD got a fabulous job, we would. We have a really small house, but we''ve been here for almost 9 years and have put a LOT of effort into it and it really feels like "us". Weather-wise, I like having 4 seasons, so that wouldn''t be something we''d want to leave.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We just moved into a house that is perfect for us. It''s a 3 bedroom/4 bath downtown townhouse with fabulous views, and it''s only a 10-minute walk from my office and a 20-minute walk from my husband''s. I absolutely, positively love it and don''t want to move for a long, long time!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
MOVE!

My current accomidations have several important downsides:

1) It is my parents house

2) My sister lives here

3) My sister is a horrible, abusive, self absorbed, lazy, immature, messy, un-hygenic, loud, smelly vegan hippy.

JUst last week I was feeding the cats and my sisters boyfriend came past and just randomly gave me the finger. WTF? and they are both almost 3 years older then me
38.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
We live in a perfect starter home. We are 5 mins from my work, 20 from DH''s work. The neighborhood isn''t the best, and actually we were robbed clean last year in the middle of the day. I don''t want my kids to go to this school district, and I want a bit more space and yard. We have a great mortgage payment, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths...so not bad for us. We know this is a starter home, and I''m looking forward to when we move in probably the next 5 years.

As for the city we live in...I hate the unpredictable winters in ohio. However, we live 2 hrs from both our parents, in a great city between both of them. We miss our friends back home, and I could see us one day moving down to his hometown, but it would cause many issues from my mom. So, who knows!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Move. For a few reasons:

I would like to be closer to family. My folks are in Alabama, and his are in Atlanta. Even though I have no desire to live in a red state, and I''m NEVER moving back to Alabama, I would really like to be closer to them.

I don''t like our house. It was just a means to an end, and it was custom built by the previous owners. There are some aspects of the house that I love, but the finishes don''t match my style. I would like a formal living and bigger dining, and the kitchen was horribly designed. Plus, we''re going to have another kid in the next year or so, and that''s going to leave us with no guest room.

No diversity and I want that for my kids more than anything. Honestly, I think Philadelphia was a great fit for us, we loved it there.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to both move and stay, but stay has the edge.

We love our neighborhood, and the schools are excellent. I really like the town we live in, too (if only my office were closer!)

But, the house, while comfortable and suitable for our needs, is not my dream house (I left that behind in Texas, sigh). Plus, I will always want to move back to Louisiana.

Still, when you add everything together, I''m pretty certain we won''t move until the kids are out of school, if then. And if we did move, it would be closer to our jobs, no out of the area.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to move.

Our neighborhood is wonderful. All of the neighbors are great. We like talking to them, have compatable interests, and just really like everyone.
We''re also 15-20 minutes from FI''s job, 25 from mine, 30 from school, close to Bellevue/Redmond with stuff to do but out enough that it is quiet and nice.

But --

I''d love to have a bigger lot (not huge, okay maybe several acres but at least 1/2 acre) where we could plant lots of fruit trees, berries, and have a nice moderate size vegetable garden without giving up so much yard space our dog doesn''t have room to run.
A house with no stairs would be nice.
A little larger house would be nice so we could have lots of counter space in the kitchen and a big bathtub in a nice master bathroom.

Mostly I just want a house without the bad memories (long, personal story I don''t care to share).

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
If I was handed a free house, sure, I would move.

Otherwise, I''m perfectly happy with our current apartment. Not to mention, it''s our first place together, and also where my husband proposed to me, so it''s extra sentimental.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to move houses. We''re planning on moving towards the end of summer, and I''m seriously counting down the days. We''re going rental-house hunting when I get back from vacation, and I''m practically bouncing in my seat thinking about it. It''ll be the first place we''ve chosen together, and the first place to really make "ours" until we buy our first home, and it''s been really hard for me to be patient. We''re living in a house that''s much too big right now and I''m terrified of what the gas bill will look like now that we''ve put the air conditioning on. Plus the yard is a lot of work...I just want a small house with a fenced in yard near our friends. Should be easy to find. As an added bonus, we should be able to get one for less rent than we pay now, which would be fantastic since we''d spend way less on driving the 30-40 minutes to hang out with our friends.

So yes, I want to move. Desperately.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think I would like to move, but I''m not so unhappy that it''s all I think about. Our townhouse is nice enough, but I really want to have my horses with me.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:02:09 PM
Author: princesss
I can''t wait to move houses. We''re planning on moving towards the end of summer, and I''m seriously counting down the days. We''re going rental-house hunting when I get back from vacation, and I''m practically bouncing in my seat thinking about it. It''ll be the first place we''ve chosen together, and the first place to really make ''ours'' until we buy our first home, and it''s been really hard for me to be patient. We''re living in a house that''s much too big right now and I''m terrified of what the gas bill will look like now that we''ve put the air conditioning on. Plus the yard is a lot of work...I just want a small house with a fenced in yard near our friends. Should be easy to find. As an added bonus, we should be able to get one for less rent than we pay now, which would be fantastic since we''d spend way less on driving the 30-40 minutes to hang out with our friends.

Good luck with the hunt, princesss! You sound like you''ve already got one foot out the door
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:10:29 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 6/14/2010 4:02:09 PM
Author: princesss
I can''t wait to move houses. We''re planning on moving towards the end of summer, and I''m seriously counting down the days. We''re going rental-house hunting when I get back from vacation, and I''m practically bouncing in my seat thinking about it. It''ll be the first place we''ve chosen together, and the first place to really make ''ours'' until we buy our first home, and it''s been really hard for me to be patient. We''re living in a house that''s much too big right now and I''m terrified of what the gas bill will look like now that we''ve put the air conditioning on. Plus the yard is a lot of work...I just want a small house with a fenced in yard near our friends. Should be easy to find. As an added bonus, we should be able to get one for less rent than we pay now, which would be fantastic since we''d spend way less on driving the 30-40 minutes to hang out with our friends.

Good luck with the hunt, princesss! You sound like you''ve already got one foot out the door
3.gif
BF has to remind me (daily!) of all the reasons we decided to stay in the house until August. But if we find the perfect house and it''s only a few weeks difference, I''m going to see what I can do about getting my way....
11.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I want to move like yesterday. I cannot stand our place. I absolutely hate it. I think that my hate for it led to my period of depression. It''s a condo which I will never, ever, ever, ever get into again. It''s old. It''s falling apart. Every dime spent towards it makes me cringe.

We passed by a lovely house on our way to FI''s bff''s gf''s house for a bbq this weekend. There was a little girl playing outside that looked just like Sophia only older. She was running around in a sprinkler and I just started crying. That''s how I want her summers to be. Not walking up the stairs to a tiny apt after hanging out in the community pool with kids that like to throw the beach chairs in it for some odd and totally dumb reason
39.gif

I try to remind myself that *I* grew up in a very small one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn with a family of 5 and yet it never felt small to me because my mom worked hard on making it a home. She didn''t purchase a house until I was 13 and I still had a wonderful childhood.

But still....

2012 is the year that we move in to a house. I''ve said it outloud to FI and therefore it shall be done
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We are counting the days until we can move! Somewhere in the 800 range
2.gif
2.gif

Our apartment is fine and plenty of space, but we detest Baltimore. I quite honestly wish we had never moved here. We were previously in Philadelphia, which was fabulous and a great fit for us. Once residency is finished, we''re planning to either move home to Buffalo (family!) or back to Philadelphia. Either way, we cannot wait to get rid of this crime-ridden dump.

PLUS we are so excited to buy our first house! And that is not something we would even consider here. Blah.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not want to move. We live in a spacious house built in 2000, in a nice neighborhood. My tastes (super-modern, white, black and red) totally differ from these of my husband (traditional, brown or black). Plus, after two kids, one of whom was experimenting with his potty and the other one with alcohol, and two cats we need a lot of remodeling done. Neither of us has interest in yardwork...but still, it is a nice new house.

I should not tempt the Fates - the area has not been hit by recession as hard as other ones. I am very lucky...

But I sometimes dream of moving back to Boston. Just a different lifestyle. Or maybe I am missing my 30-es.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Yes, very much so. We are in a city that has very little appeal to us. We are here so DH can finish his degree. After that, we will go wherever he gets a job...hopefully a more metropolitan area.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
For now, I love my house. I love the house, and I love the area. I''m content to stay here until I finish residency. I feel really lucky to have this place.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
We recently moved and downsized (kids were both grown) and we''re very happy. We love our smaller home, the location, even the PA winters!!!
2.gif

It was a good move, even though it was hard to leave the home we raised our kids in... but no regrets!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
yes, i want to turn my house around so it sits on the next block over. i love that street and all of the people who live on it. but i''m content where we are as long as we get invites to their block parties.

we''ll remodel/add on eventually, but i love our house.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I definitely want to move. I''m originally from Philadelphia...all my friends are there as well as family. The townhouse SO and I are in now is in a gated community that has more rules then you could it imagine. It doesn''t feel like a "neighborhood" but more like a jail. I really do feel like a caged animal sometimes. We''re hoping to move to PA in the next several years...into a house.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:36:32 PM

12.gif
9.gif
Here is my koi pond in my back yard. Big enough for you DF?

I am sad and as mad as hell that I have to give it up and move to Ontario, which seems to have but one redeeming factor - Losty lives there.

Sunrise from bedroom window 6.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results