shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle June 7 - 13

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where has this year gone? It is already June? Wow!

This week I am reflecting on the positive changes we’ve all made in our lives or we are working at achieving through our motivation and dedication to becoming healthier.

Seeing Merry beaming in her recent photos makes me so proud of her and happy for her. We’ve all had those moments when we stood up proudly for the camera because we know we’ve been working hard at improving ourselves, whether it is in mind, body, spirit or toning. All of us to come to this thread (those that participate and those who lurk) because we are trying to become or maintain a healthy life.

Be proud of your accomplishments whether it be something major like Merry’s 52 pounds or something small like passing up a piece of chocolate. Big or little, those wise choices will bring us results that will bring a sense of pride and accomplishment both today and also help us lead healthier lives in the long run.
Like I told the friend I ran in to at the WW walk this weekend; I really struggle to keep weight off now; I have gained some of it back but I continue to try. I have not given up. Trust me the old Marcy would never, ever gone to join a group of people for a walk in the park.

Baby steps, my HLT friends; Baby steps.

Have a great week.
Marcy
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

So on Saturday the brilliant child here got this idea that after 30 mins on the bike I would walk UP 30 flights of stairs in the high rise that my gym is in (good for my quads), but then I also had the uber brilliant idea that I would walk DOWN those same 30 flights of stairs becuase that requires greater range of motion and would be like extra PT. Hellllllllllo dumbfvck!!! Now BOTH of my damn knees hurt. Seriously, what did I expect?!? I couldn''t even walk DOWN 30 flights of stairs before the accident, so I decide to do it now?!?
20.gif

Oh well, yesterday I just did the bike for an hour (actually, I *tried* to do the elliptical but after 8 mins it hurt so bad I had to get off).

And last night I was out with the patent attorney (third date, he has all of his internal organs and doesn''t scare me at all -- gotta love match dot com!!!) and there was an offhand comment made to the effect of (him to me), "Well *I* wouldn''t have ordered that piece of cheesecake at the end." Um, thanks...

Marcy, thank you for the great opening!

Rod, I did get your email (not to the sprint address, but to my old work email address, which is still active since I continue to do that) and I''ll respond with a longer message soon. Hello to Charlie!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great day.

Marty had a quiet day (kind of) since our cell service is down.We can still text but calls are not going through.

I was good both with food and activity today.I went for 2 walks and was diligent in my calorie range.I made homemade tacos for supper.Those are always one of my favorites.We had some slow churned ice cream after I got the dishwasher going.

We have a nice lightning storm going on outside; if Marty wasn’t reading in our bedroom I’d be back there with the lights off and watching the show.I love to watch lightning storms.

DeeJay, I hate to hear both knees hurt now.Sorry but I did have to laugh at the cheesecake comment.Did you smack him?

Laters,

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello HLT''ers,

Today was a pretty good day. I didn''t work out, but did a lot of walking and helped my sister pack up her apartment. My salad for lunch got frozen in the fridge at work, so I had carrots & hummus and some leftover jambalaya. Tonight was chicken stir fry with green beans and Chinese black bean sauce. We made extra, so that''ll be my lunch tomorrow too. This weekend we had an out of town visitor, so we ate out Friday dinner & Saturday lunch. Sunday we hosted a brunch at our place. Didn''t do a whole lot work out-wise.. The 10K went well. Sister couldn''t really run the whole way but we did about 80% of the race running. Not bad especially given she sprained her ankle so badly 2.5 months ago.

Deejay, hope your knees are OK. Man, I would have shot him The Look.

Marcy, Bummer you''re down on cell service, but at least Marty has a bit of a breather. I love watching lightining storms too. :)

~Lisa

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, HLTers!!

Congrats, MM!!! What an accomplishment! Another outstanding success story for our little group!

Yay for walks, bikes, marathons, and sleeping better!!

Hope you''re all doing well.

My house is inundated with little girls and all their things. (WHY do girls need 2 duffel bags apiece when all they brought is shorts??) I''m a bit overwhelmed (to say the least!) because of all the bickering. I''m not used to whining and sarcasm all the time.

Anywho, we are having a little bday party for the youngest one who''s turning 6 today. I had the party planned for outside with all the slip n slides and water stuff set up but we''ve had lots of rain and are supposed to get more today. The party has been moved to a fast food restaurant with a play land instead. Not really pleased because I''m not sure what I''ll be eating, but it''s only one day I suppose.

Gotta go for now. I can''t believe they actually gave me 5 mins of uninterrupted time!!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Hey ya''ll, I know I''ve been a bad friend lately! The clock is winding down on the wedding day! This last weekend was my Bachelorette party and bridal shower. One of my besties flew in from Phoenix so I got to spend time with her and we had a wonderful time! The girls surprised me with a belly dancing class - what a work out! And then we had an amazing dinner at my MOH''s house complete with Salmon, Halibut (both from AK - her BIL is a fisherman in the summers up there!), asparagus, new potatoes, and a salad. Then we drank, played games, and hung out until the wee hours of the night. It was so fun, low key and "me".

I''m down to 163, even with the big weekend this last weekend and I''m feeling so great. My friend and I have been doing the Insanity videos once a week, I know, not how you''re supposed to do them, but with our body pump classes and cardio we just wanted to kick it up a notch with some plyometrics to keep our workout switched up.

Great opener Marcy - and so very true. I am so proud of the new me and all the choices I make. For example, this weekend there was TONS of opportunities to fall off the wagon. So many sweet treats, fatty deliciousness, and I chose to stick to the good stuff. Ironically, I didn''t even crave all the bad stuff or miss it! I''m so happy about that! I''m totally with you on watching lightning. Sometimes when we have awesome storms like that we drive over to lake michigan and park, watch them over the lake. Its gorgeous!

Dee*Jay - wow, you were motivated to take those steps! So sorry your knees hurt though! Wow...the nerve of that guy...sheesh! I''d rather hang out with cheesecake than someone who tries to make me feel bad for having some. LOL.

Lliang_chi - Glad the 10K went well! Sounds like you enjoyed your visitor''s company!

SS- Sounds like you''re in my boat! My newphew came this weekend and is staying with us for the month. This teeny little 8 year old brought a full sized suitcase. His mom packed more clothes than I own! Sheesh! It sure is fun having him around though. I hope the party went well regardless of the location change!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

The scale was kind to me this morning becuase I... um... ate NOTHING after 2 pm yesterday. I was SO TIRED that I went home after work, climbed on the couch to take a nap... and woke up at 7:00 this morning!!!

LOL to all of you who have commented on the cheesecake thing. Without the full context of the conversation the comment was in it sounds worse that it really was, but yes, he did get several demerits!

Really wanted some frozen yogurt after lunch but went with a banana instead. Points for discipline, but I still want something chocolate...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......so far this week is......''oy''.......crazy. Today, I had to prepare 8 candidates for interviews to be held in Plano, TX., tomorrow. My preps are very long and detailed and take at least an hour each, so I started at 8 AM and didn''t leave until 7 this evening. I enjoy prepping candidates (when they really listen to my advice), but it''s a major challenge to do the same prep over and over and over and over, and make it fresh and exciting for each person. I went through this in February/March and I filled several of these openings, so I''m hoping I have the same success rate this time around. While the interviews are tomorrow, I have the same event I have to be ready for one week from tomorrow in New York City, so no rest for the weary. These jobs are pretty amazing. Selected candidates must have graduated from a "Top 20" MBA program within the last 24 months and they can''t have anymore than 10 years overall experience. But for "entry" level positions, the starting salary is $100,000 with a generous bonus schedule. It''s not hard to sell in these tought economic times. I''m planning on hitting the gym after work tomorrow night. I am. No.....really......LOL

Marcy, I loved your thought for the week. Big or little, we should all be proud of our accomplishments. Just logging in to the HLT is something to be proud of. It keeps us accountable, even if we''ve been not so good........I''m glad you''re mom''s feeling good. We should be having lightning down here. It is our thunderstorm season, but it''s just been ''bloody'' hot without rain. I''m sure Marty saw, but Apple Announced the new iPhone yesterday. It''s like ''uber'' cool. Charlie and I are both elligible for upgrades, so on June 15th, they''ll let us pre-order them and I''m going to do just that. I HAVE to have the new generation iPhone. I do.......
30.gif
31.gif

I''m glad you got my email DeeJay......Sorry that both knees are painful. But then, maybe after walking down so many sets of stairs, it was destiny? And that comment about the cheesecake? Maybe your fork should have accidently landed on, ''er, "in".... some part of his hand.....you know, just by accident.......
11.gif

Good for you two doing well on the 10K Lisa!! I wish I could still run, but my doctor just feels I could possibly reinjure my back and after going through 9 months of H#!!, I just won''t chance it.

I hope the bday party was fun Shiny!!

Hey pinki........yay for being down to 16 and for working out so hard. I''m sure you''re going to be a beautiful bride!

Tomorrow will be a late night with the gym, so I may not check in again until Thursday. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Marcy! We do need to focus on our accomplishments and things we've learned as we try to keep up the healthier lifestyle. Too often we look at what we need to do rather than give ourselves credit for what we have done.

I saw that Rod posted last week. Yay! Hi Rod! How exciting to have a new place! I hope you and Charlie absolutely love it there. Every time Matt and I think about upgrading our abode, we chicken out for fear that something will happen to his job. We make more than triple what we did when we bought our house 12 years ago. But if something happens to his job, I can pay all of our bills on my lowly state government worker salary...and that's a really good feeling. Plus we really like our house, neighbors, and neighborhood so we'd be silly to move. Matt and I are eligible for iPhone upgrades too. We have the 3G, so .... woo-hoo!!!!!!!

dee-jay - 30 flights...really? I'd pass out after about 10 flights I think. I hope your knees feel better, and grrrr to the dude for the cheesecake comment!

marcy - our cell service was out yesterday too, but we couldn't send texts either. I am so scared of lightening, I don't even like to watch it from inside. Matt and I were walking a few nights ago and were about a mile from home when it started lightening in the distance. Matt kept telling me it was far away (flashes but no thunder), but I wanted to get my rear home. I was practically running, and I don't run!

Hi Lisa! - Bummer about your salad. I went in our kitchen to get my frozen breakfast thing out of the freezer and discovered that someone took it and left the box. It threw my whole day off!

Hi shiny! I hope all is going well for you. I hope you had a great time at the birthday party. I've been to lots of those with my nieces & nephews. We always have a blast, but are happy to get some peace & quiet afterward.

pinki - Sounds like your bachelorette party was a blast! How exciting! I hope all your wedding planning is going smoothly.

Merry - congratulations on the weight loss. Yay!!!!!! You look great, and I bet you feel great too! When I hit 55 pounds, I realized that I had lost the equivalent of my 8 yr old niece. When I thought of it that way, it was like - whoa - that's a lot of weight!

I took today off from work. Allergies are driving me nuts, and my back hasn't been feeling so great either. I hung out with my sweet pooch Lily and the cat we call The Evil One for most of the day, and then headed to the chiropractor for a good cracking. I made tacos and Spanish rice for dinner (I loooove taco night too, Marcy!), and we took our walk before the rain hit. I checked my work email at about noon today and had 45 new messages, so I'm dreading going back tomorrow. My slacker day today was so nice! Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We woke up to a chilly and misty morning but it was bright and sunny this afternoon.I went for a walk on my afternoon break again.I think I’ll be able to get an afternoon walk in for quite awhile now.Yippee.The girl I walk with is on ww so after our walk we have one ww chocolate cake for 80 calories.Just enough to satisfy a chocolate craving.

We had pasta for supper with veggies and French bread.Marty had a conference call so he shut the door to our computer room and had to eat while on the his call but I muted the TV and refilled his water glass and took him his slow churned ice cream.We have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

My mom is having the first of two cataract surgeries in the morning.I can’t get off work for the entire day so I sent her a basket of flowers and will go see her tomorrow evening.

Lisa, it sounds like you were plenty busy and active today even if you didn’t officially workout.Congratulations for finishing your 10K.

36.gif
The cell service is still acting up today.I am kind of enjoying it.

Somethingshiny, my husband asks me the same question – why I pack so many clothes for a short trip.Whining and sarcasm is my daily life.

11.gif
LOL.I am sure the girls are having fun though.

Pinki, it’s good to hear from you.Your bridal shower sounds fun.I bet you are getting excited.Congratulations for being down to 163.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Good for you not giving in to unhealthy food this weekend and even better you didn’t really want them.I bet watching lightning over the lake is amazing.How fun to have your nephew spend a few weeks with you.

DeeJay, yay for the scale being down this morning.

36.gif
You must have needed some sleep if you took that long of a nap.How are your knees doing?

Rod, your day sounds grueling but I am sure you and your candidates are pretty excited at the prospect of a 6 figure salary.Good luck to you placing some of them.I agree our thread helps keep us accountable.I will tell Marty that you and Charlie get to order your new iPhone soon.Did you see where they had problems getting internet on the one they were demonstrating?I guess the Wifi was overwhelmed so they couldn’t show anything online with it.I was telling him today about the next generation iPad and he just smiled.I am sure he figures he’ll give me his and he’ll get the new one when it comes out.

Deegee, very good point that sometimes we don’t give ourselves credit for what we’ve done.Is your cell working today?The girl I grew up with was terrified of lightning.Her mom got practically hysterical whenever there was a thunderstorm so I am sure that is where she got it.Glad Matt got you home safe and sound and away from the storm.LOL at the “good cracking” from the chiropractor.My spring allergies are finally kicking in too; we had a very late spring here.That is a good plan to clean out some of your emails today.Poor Marty gets hundreds and hundreds of emails a day and since he is in meetings most of the time he really struggles to get through them.They just put him in charge of IT too (he has 2 other departments as well) so I wrote him after they sent out the notice today asking for a large screen monitor, a new PC, a pink laptop for my work-at-home laptop and an ice maker for my office.Strange, he didn’t answer me.I hope your allergies and back get better.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I was at a funeral today in another city with my in-laws so the eating wasn''t so good - but I did get 20 minutes of elliptical in and my 6th day of the 30 day shred in a row !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone want to start the thread next week? If not, I can start them again this month and maybe someone would like to start them in July? I am fine either way.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SS, HO.LY. COW. I can''t believe you have a house full of little girls. That''d be crazy, crazy, crazy for me. Seems like you''re handling it well. Good for you. Hope the Bday party went well. When do the house guests depart? You should take a nice relaxing bubble bath when your house is empty again.

Pinki, woo hoo!!! Glad you had such a nice B-Party. Mmmm salmon & halibut. :) Yes it was nice having my friend over for the weekend. James was kinda embarrassed/felt bad we didn''t "entertain" him, but Tracey lived in Chicago and the weather was crap all weekend. So it was just chill. Plus I made brunch and it was a super brunch. Fresh squeeze OJ, fresh tomato juice Bloody Marys, T-bone steak, quiche, cinn rolls, Jimmy Dean sausage (hubs is a big fan). Yeah, so I still did my gracious host bit. Just Chicago weather decided not to. Hmph! I keep asking James why we still live here since the weather''s either fickle or cold.

DeeJay, I heard that Starfruit is supposed to be healthy and satisfy kinda sweet-ish cravings. It''s smoothies with kefir. I''ve never been a fan of yogurt, but ppl I know that like yogurt really like Starfruit. You can check that out. Hooray for lazy nights.

Rod, CRAZY CRAZY work!!! Hugs. You''re awesome for spending so much time with candidates prepping them. I really appreciated the recruiters that did that for me for positions I applied for. I always keep their number so the next time I''m searching, I always call them first. And you and I both know in IT that''s probably every 2-3 yrs.
20.gif
I remember your back problems. I''m glad you''re free and clear from that. And I would avoid running too if I were you. I''m doing the marathon for a few reasons 1) It''s my "Hooray I"m 30 and I still rock" thing 2) I want to say I did this in my life 3) I figure I won''t be able to do this if/when we want to start a family, so if I get it out of the way now, I won''t regret not doing it.

DeeGee, OMG I''d be STEAMED
29.gif
if someone did that to me! It''s sad that you''re never let down by the crappy-ness of humanity. Hooray on lazy days. I"m so happy you had a nice day off. Bummer about the 45 messages. I hope they were all reply-alls for something like "So-and-so just had their baby" or something. I''ve also had good results for acupuncture when I had wrist problems. Not so much with a chiro when I went for the same problem.

Marcy, Aw, you and Marty sound like such a great couple. I must ask you for some advice, I hope James and I stay as cute as you guys are to each other. I''ll be thinking about you and your mom tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Today helped sis really get her apt together. We got some fair amount of "workout" lifting her sofas, holding stuff up to plastic wrap everything. I don''t think she''ll need much help for the rest of the week, so I''m planning on hitting the gym tomorrow. James totally rained on my parade when I wanted to try going during the day today. Why does he have to do that? Anyway, dunno if I''ll go in the AM tomorrow, but maybe I''ll try to go during lunch. I have my "lady days" so I know I''ll want to make cheap excuses to not go. I have to power through.

Off to make my salad for tomorrow. Hope Hump Day goes well for everyone!

~Lisa

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m just breezing through quickly to say I did weights this morning, with some ab work and squats. I''ve been trying to cook healthy. That''s all I really have today. SO and I are doing better which is good.

wave to everyone! Sorry it''s just hectic this week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......guess where I didn't go tonight?? Go on guess.......If you went for "the gym" you'd be right.......
29.gif
29.gif
By the time I left work tonight, it was nearly 7 PM again. It was just such a looooooooong day, that I was absolutely beat and just wanted to come home and have dinner and relax a bit before starting another 'uber' rediculously long day. I am going to take another stab at hitting the gym tomorrow night. At least that's the plan at the moment.......

Thanks deegee. I think you and Matt are smart staying put and not getting in over your head. Charlie and I had continued to move up and up and up when we made great money. Once we were laid off and the money no longer flowed in, it was such a struggle and we realized we could have been quite happy with much less and not be over burdened with a 'mega' mortgage. So, stay grounded as long as you can!! You'd probably hate Tampa during the summer months. We have the wonderful distinction of being the lightning capital of North America. Woo Hoo!! We had cell issues this morning, but things were OK by this afternoon. I wonder what's going on with that?? Are you and Matt going to get the iPhone 4? We have 3G's as well and the newer OS 4.0 can be added to the 3GS, but not the 3G, so we just have to get the new phone, right?? Of course I am!! Yay for a slacker day. I'm so looking forward to the 4th of July weekend. It's also a significant weekend for us as we'll have been together 30 years that weekend (longer than some or even many of you lovely ladies have been on this planet).......LOL

Marcy, I did see that there so many competing wifi connections going on that it interrupted Steve Jobs presentation. I'm pretty sure in real life we won't experience anything like that. I still can't wait to get my new phone. It was so sweet of you to take make sure Marty had food and water during his conference call! I agree with Lisa that you two are a wonderful couple!

I'm sorry you had to attend a funeral today Maevie.........

Lisa, I love your reasons for wanting to run the marathon!! 30? Puleeze......I'm old enough to be your dad, young lady!!

Here's a "wave' back to you dragon!

OK....time to shut down......I WILL GO TO THE GYM TOMORROW.....I WILL GO TO THE GYM TOMORROW........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy everyone!

marcy - your IT requests sound perfectly reasonable to me. Too bad your IT guy is ignoring you! Kind of like Matt ignoring me when I keep trying to convince him to swing by Whiteflash when he's in Houston next week. I'm getting no response on that one. How's your mom? My dad had both eyes done a few years ago and he no longer needed glasses afterward - and he just turned 74. My cell service has been fine since that one interruption a few days ago. Have you ever tried a neti pot? I was sneezing my head off at the chiropractor yesterday and he told me I should give one a try.

lisa - I had 2 acupuncture treatments for numbness in my face (pinched nerve) a few years ago, and I was amazed how it seemed to work. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of what I looked like sitting there with needles sticking out all over my face. I'm sure your friend didn't mind not doing much because of the weather. Sometimes it's nice just to go visit and hang out rather than be doing something.

Hi dragonfly! Sorry things are so hectic!

rod - Matt said to me today, "Oh yeah, we're getting the 4." He's an engineer, so I can picture him and his buddies sitting around the lunch table hashing the whole thing out. I was just going to get one because it looked pretty cool, but he's presenting the reasons why we need to upgrade like he's doing some work project. It's hilarious! I was struck by lightening when I was in college (yeah, another accident to add to the list of weird things that have happened to me). It hurt like h*** and I was burned, but nothing serious. I hate lightening!!!!! I wonder if getting struck by lightening set off the cycle of weird things happening to me every so many years. Hmmm... Congrats to you and Charlie! That's awesome!! And it's also a huge accomplishment to be with someone for so long.

Today was a super busy day at work. I had planned to work late, but I was so tired that I left at 5:30. I was finally able to fill one of my 2 positions that have been vacant since November, and my new hire started last week. She has been really great so far, so I have high hopes and I really hope she stays. I have finally been given the go ahead to officially start the hiring process for the other vacancy...only 7 months after the job opened up. Nothing moves fast in government. For dinner we had grilled pork chops (made on the George Foreman grill - I love that thing), noodles & broccoli, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. We didn't get to walk because it has been raining buckets all evening, so I fell asleep on the couch instead. Oops! Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi! All right - we have the weekend in sight.Woo hoo!

I went for another walk this afternoon.Food was good but my mid-morning snack was a donut.I picked a small plain one and had extra calories today anyway.We had burgers on the grill tonight with veggies and oven fries.I am starving right now but it’s bedtime soon.I will just drink more water.

Marty got called back in to work tonight.Poor guy.

Maevie, that is great you got in your workouts even though you had to travel out of town.

Lisa, you sound like Marty – he is tired of the weather here and wants to move.Your brunch sounds awesome.My mom’s surgery went very well.She was doing pretty good tonight.Thanks for the compliment about Marty and I.We usually don’t take things too seriously and both have the delusion we are in charge.I am sure packing burned off a few calories.

Dragonfly, glad to hear things are going well this week and yay for a workout.

Rod, sorry to hear your had an uber long day.Hopefully tomorrow goes better for you.Of course you need the new iPhone.That is ironic so many of us had cell phone problems this week.Congratulations to you and Charlie for celebrating 30 years together over the 4th of July!

36.gif
That is wonderful!Marty and I do spoil each other quite a bit.

Deegee, you tell Matt I am on your side – he should visit Whiteflash next week and bring you home something sparkly.My mom was doing wonderful tonight.That is great your dad’s eyesight improved that much after his surgery.I have not tried the neti pot but I hear it works great.How awful you got hit by lightning; I bet that did hurt.We were on a mountain top in a dome onetime and lightning struck a tree about feet from the door where I was standing and watching the storm.It was blinding light and sound and sent tingles through my body.Lightning hit a pole in the alley and traveled up the power lines to our house.It was in the middle of the night and everything in the house turned on for a second from the surge.I screamed bloody murder.We had to replace a lot of our electronics.Glad to hear your new employees looks promising and good luck filling your other position.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Dragon,
35.gif
back

Rod, bummer you didn't get a change to hit the gym. I'm hoping you can get out at a reasonable time and hit the gym tomorrow. How's the weight lifting going, are you gettting back into the swing of it. It's so not fair how quickly your body gets out of shape after working SO HARD to get it in shape in the first place. I hope you get the 4G. I got the HTC Incredible. I just about died of asphyxiation waiting for it to come out :)

Deegee, So funny how excited Matt is for the new iPhone. Boys and their toys. James is actually not much of a gadget freak, but he has other things that I"m just like "Sure, honey"
20.gif
I'm sure he says the same things about me too. :) I'm glad you're finally getting some help around your place.

DeeJay, where did you go to watch the Blackhawks game? You're so much cooler than I am, so I'm sure you were hanging out somewhere. I was in my jammies watching it on the TV... Yeah, I'm so not cool.
5.gif

Marcy, how's your mom? How'd everything go? Thinking about you, friend

Dinner tonight was a salad & grilled corn. James grilled his own pork chops. I was totally not hungry too much snacking when I got home. But I did a quick 3 mile run, and will probably do another one tomorrow with Sis. I realized I did ALL the chores around the house (took out trash, unloaded dishes, loaded dirty dishes and ALL the laundry) AND had the additional pleasure of making dinner too. That's why I made James grill his own pork chops. I think I need to sit him down and talk to him about getting a cleaning person so I don't end up feeling resentful...

Spoke to my dad today. Same ol' crazy parent stuff. One day he'll actually hear what I'm saying to him, but right now he just wants to listen to ppl that tell him what he wants to hear

See everyone tomorrow!

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa, I was looking at the HTC incredible the other day; it looks very cool.My mom is doing great; thanks for thinking of us.Good plan to get a cleaning person, I almost hired one once then thought I might not like someone in my stuff.I am strange that way.I am sure your dad just wants to vent but it’s hard to listen to from a parent.Hopefully he gets a new perspective with time.

I was up till after midnight with work issues – Marty’s page in to work was caused by my department.He had my car so I tried to fix it from home which took me way too long to fix.Sigh.His boss was a bit upset last night so I had to let my boss know this morning someone may be looking for us today.I am not looking forward to going in especially with so little sleep.Even after going to bed I could not sleeping thinking about it.

BTW, 3 days of sticking in my calorie range and my pants are as tight.Woo hoo!Of course we are going to supper with friends today but as HLT is my witness, I will be sensible!

9.gif

Marcy

35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning ladies, and Rod once again.
I’m slacking at posting this week, oof. I’ve been busy w/ work, and my new training schedule has me tired! My best friend and her husband are coming to Denver for her husband’s uncles wedding. I’ll see them on Friday night for dinner. THEN, my mother is coming in Friday night and staying until Tuesday. So, our weekend is packed with sight-seeing. My week has been pretty un-exciting.
Monday I swam and did yoga.
Tuesday is 3mi and weights/abs.
Wed was 5mi in the am and yoga in the evening.
Thursday will be 3mi and weights.
Friday is my rest day.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get some running in while my mother is here; I hope so!

OH, so it was ridiculously hot on Monday and at 6:30p we lost power. We found out our local power company’s substation blew a fuse, and about 32,000 ppl lost power. We were w/o power until 12:30p so we had to order out (all electric). I got some veggies, tofu, and rice. My eats have been fine, and I haven’t snacked much this week. I’ve actually been omitting a carb w/ my dinners so it’s just been protein and veg. I know, it’s prob not the best thing, but in the summer, my appetite isn’t as big.

I’m so sorry I can’t say hi to each of you individually today. I’ll try to jump on here tonight. Hope everyone has a great day!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! I did more weights with some plyo mixed in this morning. Last night we had tuna burgers and I made Fried Okra (bad but at the same time good b/c it was home made, and I used healthy oil, and it was organic okra. I''m planning on doing some yoga tonight.

Rod - Sorry you didn''t make it to the gym

Marcy - glad you had a good walk!

Beach Runner - I want to do more swimming, do you just swim or do you do laps?

Lliang - I love grilled corn!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everybody!

Marcy - I''d love to send my ering to Houston with hubby to drop of at Whiteflash to be reset in their baguette setting. When I had the chance to reset it, I bought my studs & jackets instead. I''m trying to hold out until next anniversary, but that''s in January. Ugh! I hope your mom continues to feel great after her surgery. I hired a cleaning service after my injury. I keep the door to our bedroom suite shut and they''re not supposed to go in there. I don''t mind them in the rest of the house, but I want to keep my bedroom/bathroom totally private. I''m weird that way! Sorry you were up late working. Yuck.

Beachrunner - have a great sight-seeing weekend! My parents are supposed to come up this weekend, but the highlight of their visit will be a trip to the Power game on fireworks night.

Hi dragonfly!

Lisa - My hubby is a total gadget freak. Last weekend he bought a 14 megapixel camera that takes HD video. It''s a tiny little thing, about the size of my iphone. If I have to see one more feature on that thing, I''m going to throw it! Not to mention, there wasn''t anything wrong with his 10 megapixel camera. It took video, just not HD video. Good grief!!! And seriously, a cleaning person is AWESOME!!!! You come home and the house is neat, the floors are mopped, the bathrooms are scrubbed, the kitchen is sparkly. It is soooooooo worth it.

My allergies are really acting ugly today. I think this is the worst they''ve ever been! Zyrtec isn''t helping, and I sound like a frog from all the coughing. I''m really paying for my slacker day so I worked late tonight, and we ended up getting home really late and had a quickie dinner of turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches and salad with watermelon for dessert. We took our walk before I could fall asleep on the couch (woo-hoo), so now I''m officially done with everything and ready to go to bed. Now I just have to get myself off the couch and down the hall. Have a great day tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey....said an extremely pooped Rod.........It''s late, so this has to be pretty short. My day......Loooooooong. Productive, but looooooong. I may filled the interview schedule for next week''s event, which is no easy feat. Rod made it to the gym. He dragged his very tired buns there and had a slow start, but got going and got into his regular and grueling routing. Sometimes I look around the gym and I realize I''m the most ancient relic working out. But I can keep up with the young''uns there, which makes me very happy!! Dinner was a very exciting (NOT) bowl of cereal. I just didn''t have time to fix anything and sir Charlie worked tonight.

deegee, I''m so ready to get my iPhone 4. I actually called Apple today to make sure that I can call them on the 15th to reserve our new toys, if I can''t get through on the Website. The nice lady at Apple, said I could. Then I called AT&T just to make absolutely, positively certain we are indeed eligible for upgrades. We are! I got a kick out of Matt''s rationalization. Of course the new iPhone 4 takes high def video as well. We boys have to rationalize our toys!! WoW.....struck by lightning? No wonder you''re scared.......
23.gif
And I''m with Marcy......if Matt can have a new toy, you should get something nice from WF!! We have a cleaning lady. We were going to let her go when we moved to our new place, but we''ve had her clean for us for years and when I mentioned we might clean our new smaller place ourselves, she started to cry and I just couldn''t let her go........I must admit it''s really nice to come home to a really clean place

Thanks Marcy.....today was ''uber'' long, but at least I made it to the gym.......Sounds like you''ve had "fun" with lightning yourself. I live in the lightning capital of America, but I''ve (knock on wood, my head or anything that gives luck) never had a close encounter with lightning........

Lisa, I''m am getting back in the form I was in before taking some time off, but it''s been tough. I can actually understand how people who take months off and come back, usually only come back once. It''s frustrating to lose any strength. At least I seem to have gotten mine back. Is your dad related to my dad?? hThe HTC is cool. I''ve never been one to have to have the newest version on the day it''s introduced, but I HAVE to have the iPhone 4 on the first day. I like''s my toys!! Of course Charlie will get one too, but he could really care less.........

Hey BR.......sounds like really good fitness schedule for you this week!! Go BR!!

Hi dragon......the okra sounds good, but I''ve just never found a taste for it.....

OK.....it''s 11 PM and while I intended this to be really short, I don''t do short too well.......LOL

Have a wonderful Friday everyone......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I am so excited the weekend is here.
36.gif
The weather forecast is cool with lots of thunderstorms.We were going to go camping but obviously decided to stay home.

Last night was not good for my health.

11.gif
I didn’t eat a lot but had 3 glasses of wine and ½ of an appletini.I was in bed before 9:30 and slept like a log until about 4 am.Marty had to work last night from 10:30 to 6 am so when he got home I took my shower so he could get some sleep.

I had leftover pizza for lunch today (1 ½ pieces) and we bought hard shell tacos for supper.I did my afternoon walk today.We can walk around our buildings in about 15 minutes and I am pretty sure it’s about a half mile so it’s nice to get out there and walk. I will have to drive it off one day and check how far it is.

I don’t know what our weekend plans are; I have a haircut and that is about it.

Marty is playing with my iPod right now.We lead such an exciting life.Ha Ha.

Beach Runner, how fun to see your best friend and have your mom visit.

Dragonfly, glad you got in some good workouts.

Deegee, the baguette setting would be lovely.Buy it, Buy it!

9.gif
It would go great with your studs and jackets.I like your idea of keeping the cleaning person out of your bedroom.Of course that means I’d have to clean our bathroom.LOL.Of course coming home to a clean, sparkly house would be SOOOO nice.It sounds like Matt bought a camera similar to mine; I sure enjoy mine.My allergies are horrid too, I keep losing my voice. Let’s hope we both get better.Rats for working late because of your slacker day.

Rod, yay for keeping up with the “youngsters” at the gym.You show them how to do it!Okay now I am really wanting a cleaning lady.That is amazing you live in the lightning capital and not really been near anything that got hit.Toys are always fun.

Well, have a great weekend.I am going to go walk in the park tomorrow then take off Sunday from walking.Of course I do grocery shopping that day so that would count for some.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....It''s the weekend show sponsored by Marcy and her side kick, Rod!! Man, what a tough Friday. I found enough (and then some) candidates in the NY City area to interview next Wednesday. Now, I''ll have to do 8 (count them) 8 back to back 1 hour interview prep calls on Tuesday......oh my.......I finally left work at 6:30 and met Charlie for Sushi (great as usual), followed by a stop at Sbucks (the one closest to our new place). It was just too hot for a cup of coffee, so I treated myself to a Mocha Frappucino as a treat for dessert. We came home and decided to take a nice swim (ok, I basically floated) in the pool. It was just the two of us at the pool, then the lady who lives directly across from us on our floor showed up and we wound up just floating there and talking to her for the longest time. It was very pleasant to say the least. Charlie''s off both tomorrow and Friday, so we''ve decided we''ll do the gym tomorrow afternoon and just have a quiet Sunday.

Marcy, we''d trade cool with some t-storms over the "extremely bloody hot" we''ve got down here in a heartbeat!! Having a cleaning pewrson is such a wonderful luxury. I have no issue with her cleaning the bedroom. I like having her clean the bedroom and master bath. Everything just sparkles after she''s cleaned. Of course our master shower is always pretty clean. We have a house rule that the last person out of the shower must squeegee, then towel dry the glass and tiles completely. Wehn that''s done, it doesn''t look like the shower''s ever been used......And yes.....yay for toys. Just 4 days till iPhone 4 pre-order day.....Woo Hoo!! But then we''ll have to wait until the 24th to actually pick them up at the Apple Store........Patience has never been one of my storng suits........
11.gif

Have a great Saturday everyone........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod & Marcy!

marcy - We stayed with a friend at her lake house along with another couple over the Memorial Day weekend. We girls sat on the porch and drank a few pitchers of margaritas while the boys watched baseball. I hadn't had a margarita in years, and let me tell you - it kicked my rear!! I slept really hard that night, and had to take a nap the next day almost right after I got up. I actually had a pretty bad headache the next day, so I guess that means I'm officially not cut out for that anymore. Marty works some wonky hours. Matt and I both work 8-5 M-F, although he has to get up at 3 on Sunday morning to get to the airport on time. I told him to be sure he keeps it quiet while he's getting ready because I need my rest! He'll probably wake me up just for spite.

rod - I ended up working about 2 hrs late tonight to try to get some stuff done when nobody was there to bother me. There should be a law prohibiting working late on Fridays! I'm glad Charlie is off for the weekend. Isn't it nice to plan a relaxing day with nothing that you really have to do? So far that's what we have planned for Sunday too, but I'm hoping to go shopping at the outlets or car shopping tomorrow. If we get up and feel like not doing anything, I'm okay with that too!

Have a great Saturday!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, that is great you lined up 8 people for interviews.Tuesday will be a uber long day for you but hopefully one of them will get a job offer.That is awesome Charlie doesn’t have to work this weekend.I might just have to start looking for a cleaning lady.A friend of mine even knows a 14 year old girl she has clean sometimes that does a great job.Marty’s iPad will probably arrive right before you can pick up your iPhones.New toys all around.Woo hoo!Too funny you mention patience – I told my team today I was going to work on mine this weekend.Of course I doubt I’ll see any results in improving mine.Our networks kept going down today and one of my projects which I started at 10 I finally completed at 3 because every time I tried to get the info I needed; I would crash.

Deegee, the weekend over Memorial Day sounds fun.I love margaritas.I sure can’t drink as much as I used too but sometimes I forget. I wasn’t hung over this morning but sure didn’t feel normal.I had to go buy an Egg McMuffin for breakfast.That greasy protein is always a good start to the day when you’ve had too much to drink the night before.You and Matt sound like Marty and I.Whenever he has to get up early or in the middle of the night I always tell him to keep the noise down.Of course if he is leaving town I always get up to say goodbye anyway.Yes, Marty has to work some strange hours.He technically works 8 – 5 but is on call all the time and has to go in at night for work on equipment and also when something breaks.I am glad he didn’t go in today since he was there 5 hours the night before then most of last night.Marty told me to tell the guy that works for me that caused our problem the other night that he owes Marty 4 ½ hours back of his life.Ooh for car shopping.What are you looking at?I need to start looking for something to wear to my niece’s wedding.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Saturday.We have rain here today and it’s in the 40’s.Yes, the 40’s.I have on sweats.I made us waffles for breakfast and went to get my hair cut.I ran a few errands and then we headed south.Marty picked up some things for his Thai soup, we stopped at Ultimate Electronics then went on to the outlet mall.

I picked up some Clinque at the discount cosmetics store, got a new Coach bag (yes another pink one) and looked for something to wear to my niece’s wedding.I found one blouse I like but couldn’t find a dressy top to wear under it so I didn’t get the blouse.We hadn’t eaten for 7 hours so naturally I ate more than normal when we did eat.We ordered a cheese plate.It came with 5 kinds of cheese with crackers, walnuts and some fruit.I ate ½ of a sandwich and we split some bread pudding.

I ate least walked around a lot today.

Hoping you are having a less rainy day then we are and it’s warmer where you are.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening!

It poured rain today, so there was no outlet shopping or car shopping either one. We hung out at the house most of the day, and went to one of our favorite Italian restaurants for dinner. We stopped by the mall on the way home and I bought 3 pairs of skorts. My legs haven''t seen the sun in many years, so I hope I can get up the nerve to wear them!

Marcy - I want a butt level SUV for ease of getting in and out of due to my lousy back & leg. I have it narrowed down to the Acura MDX, Lexus RX350, and Nissan Murano. I actually like the Murano the best. It just feels really comfortable to me, and comfort is the main thing I''m looking for! When I sat in one a few months ago at the car show, I told Matt that it would be my next vehicle and I sat in a bunch of vehicles at the car show that day. My car in an Infiniti and it sits low to the ground with low profile tires, and it''s on the small side. Good luck shopping for something to wear to your niece''s wedding. I was hoping to do some serious shopping today at the outlets, but I''m not up for shopping at the outlets in the pouring rain.

Have a great Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I think a lot of the country is getting rain today. It sounds like you guys had a nice day anyway. Yay for getting some shorts. I remember now that you told me what kind of car you were looking for. The SUV can be too high and bother hips and knees (for some strange reason I know that too). I had to dig out a coat to go shopping outside today.

Why, oh why am I still up after 1 am?
Laters,
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results