carat
color
clarity

What are some of your pet peeves?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have too many pet peeves
4.gif

- People who think that their way of doing things is the right way and therefore the only way.
- Bad/overly aggressive drivers. Includes those that don''t use turn signals when turning or changing lanes.
- Mouth breathers.
- When people come into my office that smell like cigarettes, b.o. or like they''ve bathed in perfume.
- Shoppers that hog the aisle with their cart and give you the stink eye when you want through.
- When my husband overloads the washer. Happens at least once a week.
- Noisy neighbors. Especially before noon (!) on the weekends.
- People that yell when they''re talking on their cell phone.
- Clients that don''t know their own phone number(s).
- When random people call my office and ask for the court''s phone number. I don''t work at the court. Get a phone book.
- Add me to the list of people that can''t stand it when people take up more than one parking space because they think their car is nice. Entitlement much?
- On the other hand of parking peeves, when someone parks right on the line in a tight space. Ugh. I do not want to climb through the passenger side of my car just to leave the office.
- When my sister texts continuously while at my house.
- Bad breath and unbrushed teeth. Ew.
- Fakey nails. Especially the square ones.
- French manicures on the toes. Blerg.
- How I can''t sleep because I''m too hot, too cold, head hurts, back hurts, neck hurts........

There are so many more......
23.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2010 9:32:25 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
4.gif

- People who think that their way of doing things is the right way and therefore the only way.
- Bad/overly aggressive drivers. Includes those that don''t use turn signals when turning or changing lanes.
- Mouth breathers.
- When people come into my office that smell like cigarettes, b.o. or like they''ve bathed in perfume.
- Shoppers that hog the aisle with their cart and give you the stink eye when you want through.
- When random people call my office and ask for the court''s phone number. I don''t work at the court. Get a phone book.
- Add me to the list of people that can''t stand it when people take up more than one parking space because they think their car is nice. Entitlement much?
- On the other hand of parking peeves, when someone parks right on the line in a tight space. Ugh. I do not want to climb through the passenger side of my car just to leave the office.
- How I can''t sleep because I''m too hot, too cold, head hurts, back hurts, neck hurts........
23.gif

HEY! You could open a Pet Shop.
37.gif

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Gum popping! I can''t believe how many people, how many ADULTS, some of them in my office no less, pop their gum. Sometimes I have to step outside and take a deep breath.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Loud cell phone talkers during a commute....Yikes,, who cares about your business meeting or medical tests results , honestly , who needs to hear all this?

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am somewhat misanthropic and it is Monday, so bare with me.
I do hate it when people use the wrong word like bear with me rather than bare with me. I try to be tolerant since despite my best efforts, I still get effect and affect wrong sometimes, but the basics, its, site, there and to in their variations are pretty easy.

People who get mad at, yell at, otherwise are difficult to a perfectly nice customer service person because they happen to be representing the company.

Not using the turn signal. I ride my bike and just because there is not another car near you, doesn''t mean you get to not use your signal, same for lane changes.
For Porridge, my issue with driving in Ireland was the way the roads were painted and signed. In Dublin, I saw beautiful, indecipherable road patterns like a bunch of diamonds. On the west coast, I would see road signs that said things like "slower". Not a speed, just slower than whatever I am doing. And yeah, the roads are really narrow.

People always whining. I get it that things can suck, vent for 2 minutes and move on. We all have bad moments, we don''t need to hear about everyone else''s too. This is the number one reason I have my Ipod at work. This goes doubly for people who whine constantly about the same thing and don''t make any effort to fix it. Don''t tell me how hard it is to lose weight while you devour a full bag of chips.

People who tell me I am wrong about something they once read a news article about that I have studied for years. I don''t mean friendly discourse or simply different opinions, but people who insist I have no clue what I am talking about because they saw it on House.

Being totally unaware of the world around you. I don''t mean you have to be constantly tuned in, unless you are driving, but stopping in the middle of a crowded sidewalk to respond to a text or crashing into me because you were checking out a girl and listening to music.

I also love being called a humorless feminist. I always want to respond with something like "I am sorry you think I am a wet blanket, but I really didn''t find my attempted sexual assault by my good friend when I was 16 funny. Try it sometime and then let me know how hysterical you find it".

I also hate the my way or the highway. Little things, like the "that''s not an issue" mentioned earlier, but also big things like proselytizing.
Unless you want to be exactly like me, you don''t always know what is best for me.
I don''t mind the working hard or hardly work or inane weather conversations, but it makes my DH crazy. He has invented a game where he Finally, responds with an even more obvious statement, but does it in a way so the person does not know they are being made fun of. For example: Them "it''s a nice day out"
DH: "well, it is spring"
Them: "it might rain later though"
DH: "we are in Colorado"
He keeps such a straight face and has gotten so good he has really brought it to an art form.

Thank you, I really do feel better.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2010 9:52:10 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

I'd love to bare with you.
You're kinda cute.
9.gif

Sorry, it was just sitting there.
11.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:34:09 PM
Author: kenny

Date: 5/24/2010 9:32:25 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
4.gif

- Mouth breathers.
23.gif

HEY! You could open a Pet Shop.
37.gif
41.gif
Maybe I will....

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I cringe when people invade my "space" at the grocery checkout line !!
so get so close they could read my name off my check.

I want to slap clerks who insist on continuing a conversation with their co-workers
while checking me out - hello ...........

People who take no interest in the world around them. At least connect and watch the news.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bicyclists.

I live in an extremely bike-friendly city. I have professional and Olympic level bicyclists that are constantly in my neighborhood.

Guess what bicyclists? You're on a VEHICLE. That means YOU HAVE TO OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS TOO. If you see a stop sign, YOU NEED TO STOP. You don't just roll through the stop sign in front of a car. DO YOU HAVE NO SELF PRESERVATION INSTINCTS?!

And this is why I only feel half bad when I see bikes that have been mangled in the midst of cop cars and ambulances. This evening, on my way home from work, a 4 lane major street (2 each way) was completely stopped because a bicyclist got hit. Let me mention that while this is a 4 lane road, there are spaces on either side of both directions of traffic that are about 1.5 car lanes wide that IS A SPECIFIC BIKE LANE. Where did the accident take place? In the left TRAFFIC LANE. Next to the median. In the middle of traffic. Why was a bike in the fast lane on a street with a HUGE bike lane?!

Don't get me wrong, I hope they are ok, but REALLY. Obey the FREAKING TRAFFIC LAWS you MORONS. My car will obliterate your bicycle without any effort on my part and it's all because YOU weren't paying enough attention.

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
OoOoOo.... Here''s list!!! :

People that sneezes so loud that you can hear them a mile away.

( Men do that, my husband included ) after eating chips, wiping his gross hands on his clothes! What are we.... 5 years old?!

Smoker''s cough - every 2 mins, the land monster''s coming to the surface! ( YUUUUUUUUUUCK )

Slurping while eating a soup or whatever.

eating with your mouth open. No thank you, I''d like to eat my own food...

Men - please stop doing this: at a red light, either their finger''s into their nasal cavity digging for gold or in their ear canal doing a sound check.

looooooooooooooooooooooooong hairs on the ear lobes, or a straggly ugly lookin'' eyebrow hair 2 feet up in the air!

Women who do not know how to blend their make-up from the face to the neck...

People who think they are so much more important and interrupt you when you talk to someone ( that IRKS me! )

Dirty fingernails!!! and cracked heels with a foot thick of callouses. Come on, here''s $25 and go get your feet taken care of!

People who drag their feet when they walk -

people that talk loud in a movie theater especially in the quiet parts.

On a long international flight, people pushing their backseat all the way back onto your lap. If you come any closer, you''d have to marry me!

people that DO NOT flush when they exit the bathroom - why do you think it would make me happy to see what you did? My cat does that with birds and mice ... and that''s enough!

and the list goes on..............

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People wasting gas while our kids are dying in oil wars.

90% of the SUVs and trucks I see on the road have no passengers in them and the only cargo they are hauling is a Starbucks Latte.
38.gif

Here in LA one many city streets they race their V8s to get up to 50 MPH between red lights, then slam on the brakes at the last second.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I am very crotchety about this today, so bare with me, but I am TIRED of people telling me how to spend my money.

Yes, I have nice things. Yes, I spend money on "frivolous" things like shoes and sparklies and handbags. I understand that those things are more visible than my extra mortgage repayments/investment portfolio (admittedly not too large yet!)/savings/perfect credit rating/clear credit card. But you know what? I don''t have to justify my purchases to anyone other than my partner (and even then, only when it comes out of our joint account)! AAARRRRGGGH.

Thanks for listening
9.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:36:51 PM
Author: Bunny007
Gum popping! I can''t believe how many people, how many ADULTS, some of them in my office no less, pop their gum. Sometimes I have to step outside and take a deep breath.
My mom is the same way. Have you seen Chicago? If not, watch the cell block tango song, one day, my mom is going to be the first woman in that. The specific lyrics:
You know how people
have these little habits
That get you down. Like Bernie.
Bernie like to chew gum.
No, not chew. POP.
Well, I came home this one day
And I am really irritated, and
looking for a little sympathy
and there''e Bernie layin''
on the couch, drinkin'' a beer
and chewin''. No, not chewin''.
Poppin''. So, I said to him,
I said, "Bernie, you pop that
gum one more time..."
and he did.
So I took the shotgun off the wall
and I fired two warning shots...
...into his head

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2010 9:36:51 PM
Author: Bunny007
Gum popping! I can't believe how many people, how many ADULTS, some of them in my office no less, pop their gum. Sometimes I have to step outside and take a deep breath.

Bunny, here's 5 minutes of background music you can play over and over.

Click

This would make a great video to play anywhere people have to wait in line and can't escape, like at a bank.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
On the west coast, I would see road signs that said things like 'slower'. Not a speed, just slower than whatever I am doing. And yeah, the roads are really narrow.
Hahaha, so true. There's this road somewhere near Killorglin in Kerry, and you're driving along, and "SLOW" is painted on the road. About 50m later, you see "SLOWER"...then another 50m, "VERY SLOW". Slower than what? What speed do you want me to travel at?!?

Of course, by the time you've formulated this thought, you're at a teeny little stone bridge that really, unless you're a sheep, you're going too fast to cross safely no matter what speed you're going at.

(Haven, if you're reading this, calm down, you'll be fine
2.gif
)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
32.gif
23.gif
40.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 4:55:20 PM
Author: Circe

Date: 5/24/2010 4:09:49 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Self obsession. Self importance. People who have to have everything just right because they really, really matter and it''s really, really important that it''s just right for them. Especially trivial things.

(Or to put it another way, I just had a phone conversation with my cousin''s husband, a man I would never get bored of slapping).

I do hope that another of your pet peeves is not people quoting you, because the italicized bit just fell firmly ashore of the reef of my oft-stated sayings.
Hahahaha. I don''t mind being quoted, not at all. So long as you aren''t really my cousin''s husband operating under a crafty disguise...
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a gum popper, especially when I''m stressed. It''s like, chew chew, pop pop pop. I can''t help it. But I only do it in the privacy of my own home, so that makes it okay.

I really don''t like people that cannot say excuse me, please, thank you, and you''re welcome. Those are really the only things that peeve me. And men that don''t open doors for women OR go in before a woman.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 10:01:21 PM
Author: bebe
I cringe when people invade my ''space'' at the grocery checkout line !!

so get so close they could read my name off my check.

I want to slap clerks who insist on continuing a conversation with their co-workers

while checking me out - hello ...........

People who take no interest in the world around them. At least connect and watch the news.
Yes! Me too! I was just at the grocery store and I always help the bagger put the groceries into my cart. Well, while I was doing that this lady come and stands right next to my cart in front of the debit card machine. I had to say "excuse me, I haven''t paid yet, can you back up please?" Then I proceed to cover my arm over the machine since she only moves a step or so over and can totally see my pin on the machine. Ugh

And I HATE when people use their cell phones while dining out. Especially if they put said call on speaker phone. Seriously, go through the drive through and eat in the car, nobody wants to hear your company business during their lunch people!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
People who do not allow you to merge or change lanes
People who are bad drivers in general
People who pee on the toilet seat
Speedos
Skinny jeans on guys
Emo style in general
People with no/bad personal hygiene
Rude people
Selfish people
Hypocrites
People with bad table manners
Desperation
People who talk during movies/tv shows

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I have enough that I should live on my own island, but here are some:

Not using a directional. Said by someone nearly sideswiped on 128 by a driver who gave no inkling he was changing lanes.
Actually speaking with text speak.
People who judge and people think their opinion/way is the only option
Close-mindedness
People who don''t finish a sentence and then start a new one. My mother is notorious for this and sometimes makes having convesation with her almost impossible.
Loudly speaking on your cell, especially about a topic that other around you really don''t need to hear (like being on the commuter rail while hearing a doctor talk about some patient''s unexplained bleeding and mucus clots, or the woman on the bus talking about her husband''s ED was a big reason for their divorce)
People who know I''m childfree, yet still INSIST that I''m changing my mind or not a real woman unless I have a baby. Trust me, my doctor can confirm that I''m certainly 100% female.
Bad manners
Not respecting elderly
Inattentive wait/bar staff.
Unruly, feral chidlren in public
People who don''t wash their hands when the leave the restroom. Makes me sick

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Stop saying "bare with me". Stop right now. Please.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
People who don''t hold the door open when you''re right behing them...biggest one!
23.gif

Not signaling when changing lanes/cutting off
People texting/emailing/etc during meetings

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
People who don''t say "thank you", more specifically, co-workers.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
-People who won''t stop twitching or shaking their legs/feet. (Okay, I''m not sure if my husband has restless leg syndrome, but I noticed that he does it alot, and so does one of his sisters!) they just can''t sit STILL.

-People who belch really loudly then laugh ''cos they think it''s funny to be rude in public.

-People going to the gym right after a big fat garlicky meal, and then reek to high heaven as they pant

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
My pet peeve: when someone asks for my *opinion* on something or asks how I *feel* about something and then tells me I''m wrong.

My sister does this A LOT so I have gotten into the habit of clarifying what she really wants: "Do you really want my opinion, or do you just want me to tell you what you want to hear?" She just loooooves it when I ask her that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2010 10:21:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Bicyclists.

I live in an extremely bike-friendly city. I have professional and Olympic level bicyclists that are constantly in my neighborhood.

Guess what bicyclists? You''re on a VEHICLE. That means YOU HAVE TO OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS TOO. If you see a stop sign, YOU NEED TO STOP. You don''t just roll through the stop sign in front of a car. DO YOU HAVE NO SELF PRESERVATION INSTINCTS?!

And this is why I only feel half bad when I see bikes that have been mangled in the midst of cop cars and ambulances. This evening, on my way home from work, a 4 lane major street (2 each way) was completely stopped because a bicyclist got hit. Let me mention that while this is a 4 lane road, there are spaces on either side of both directions of traffic that are about 1.5 car lanes wide that IS A SPECIFIC BIKE LANE. Where did the accident take place? In the left TRAFFIC LANE. Next to the median. In the middle of traffic. Why was a bike in the fast lane on a street with a HUGE bike lane?!

Don''t get me wrong, I hope they are ok, but REALLY. Obey the FREAKING TRAFFIC LAWS you MORONS. My car will obliterate your bicycle without any effort on my part and it''s all because YOU weren''t paying enough attention.

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
OMG ME TOOOOOO! Ever see the movie Breaking Away?
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Well, neither have I but let''s just say I also live in a bicycle-obsessed town. I spend most of my time when driving around town keeping an eye on what the bicyclists are doing because it''s damn near impossible to avoid them and most of them clearly disregard rules of the road. There is a very simple/concise solution to bicyclists vs. automobiles but no one here wants to listen to reason. I get frustrated just thinking about it. Gah!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do hate it when people use the wrong word like bear with me rather than bare with me. I try to be tolerant since despite my best efforts, I still get effect and affect wrong sometimes, but the basics, its, site, there and to in their variations are pretty easy.

I have always used ' bear with me', I am also a bit of a stickler for these things
9.gif
so went to look it up straight away to check, apparently bear with me is the correct spelling.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Would_you_say_bare_with_us_or_bear_with_us

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/born

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 12:40:44 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 5/24/2010 10:21:26 PM

Author: FrekeChild

Bicyclists.

Guess what bicyclists? You''re on a VEHICLE. That means YOU HAVE TO OBEY THE TRAFFIC LAWS TOO. If you see a stop sign, YOU NEED TO STOP. You don''t just roll through the stop sign in front of a car. DO YOU HAVE NO SELF PRESERVATION INSTINCTS?!

Don''t get me wrong, I hope they are ok, but REALLY. Obey the FREAKING TRAFFIC LAWS you MORONS. My car will obliterate your bicycle without any effort on my part and it''s all because YOU weren''t paying enough attention.

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
OMG ME TOOOOOO! Ever see the movie Breaking Away?
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Well, neither have I but let''s just say I also live in a bicycle-obsessed town. I spend most of my time when driving around town keeping an eye on what the bicyclists are doing because it''s damn near impossible to avoid them and most of them clearly disregard rules of the road. There is a very simple/concise solution to bicyclists vs. automobiles but no one here wants to listen to reason. I get frustrated just thinking about it. Gah!

Genuinely interested question here - is there a turning lane for the cyclists? Over here they have loads of bicycle lanes that magically disappear and then reappear and in order to turn right the cyclist has to leave the bike lane and move over to the right lane to be in position for the turn...

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate those who in traffic understand that inching a foot or so up or over in their lane may allow others to past or turn in or clear their path to continue. Just an inch or so sometimes. So when I see someone at a red light 2 or more cars lengths back from the car in front of them, oblivious to the length of cars they are holding up behind them, WELL it irks me BEYOND MENTAL CAPACITY.

I just ask that no matter what wheels you are in charge of, be it a shopping cart or all terrain treads, just realize that a little consideration for others can go along way. It can be accomplished by a simple thoughtful gesture of moving forward or to the side, just a wee bit.

Doing so allows us all to make it to our destination quicker, but it also helps to utilize our fossil fuel at greater advantage-less waste of time and energy. And it keeps tempers cooler. Win Win.

Oh, when people notice your effort you more times than not get a hearty appreciative wave or even a cute little toot toot honk! Smiles for everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results