shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.51 I VS2 gorgeous round!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
This is the diamond and (almost finished!) ring I am making for one of dh''s best friends... they decided to elope while on vacation a few weeks ago in Brazil, and are making it official with a reception back here at home next weekend. Knowing I have connections in the jewelry business, he asked me to help make her "dream ring," and I''m pretty excited at what turned out! Her only "requirements" were that the main diamond be round, and she liked the 6-prong solitaire look but wanted some extra sparkle if possible :)

Stats: 1.51 I VS2 (GIA)
Table 56%, Depth 62.4%
Ex/Ex/None
Med Blue Fluor. (I look at this as a plus for an "I" grade stone)

Here''s my absolute favorite pic... finally figured out the digital zoom on my camera!!! Look at the arrows!

GAdiamH&A.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Maybe one day, eventually, I'll figure out the trick to uploading multiple pics in a single post... grrrr

Indoor pic taken at night, one a blank CD... the lighting source in the room, over my right shoulder, is a regular floor lamp with a buttery yellow shade, which you can see reflected in the diamond in the next 2 pics...

GAdiamCDshot.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another inside with the light yellow lampshade effect...

GAdiaminsidelight.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the stone *placed* into the ring setting... it''s at the jeweler being "officially" set right now, but hey, we PS''ers make do with what we got, LOL! The engagement & wedding band are approx. 1/2ctw each, little shared-prong diamonds that go 3/4 the way around the ring... looks like an eternity from all angles when you''re wearing it, but she can still size either ring if needed. The rings are 18kw and the head is a 6p die struck platinum peg. Her finger size is 5 1/2, a little too small for my size 6+ finger, so I''ve improvised a little ;-)

GAringtopview.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Side view... you can see the diamond literally "floating" on the top of the head, LOL.

GAfriendringside.jpg

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
6.gif

That diamond looks SOOOOO YUMMY!!! And I loveee that setting! So delicate yet sparkly
30.gif

I'm sure he will be more than pleased with it and she will love it!! It's a beautiful diamond!! And those arrows....to die for!!
18.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely! I bet she will love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa!!!! She is going to love it! It''s sooooo beautiful.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Great job! Wahooooo!
36.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a very beautiful set!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, and BIG! She''s going to be thrilled!!

Can''t wait for the handshots
10.gif

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I''m a radiant/cushion girl myself, but I can definitely appreciate a beautiful round when I see one!!! Haha good thing, otherwise I might be tempted to not give it back, haha :)

I wish I could be there when he presents it to her, LOL... just waiting in the wings so I can see the look on her face... I am so excited for her!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! Gorgeous stone. Very exciting for your friend!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous
30.gif
love the band...
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, that first shot is to die for!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!! It''s gonna be stunning!!! She''s gonna love it when she sees it!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Well Done!!!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!
36.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I love the diamonds on the bands :)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond! The cut is really beautiful and incredibly clean and the medium blue fluorescence makes it look so white. That setting is lovely too, classic because it will never look dated but still nice and sparkly. Great job!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Update!!!! So he told her he was getting her the ring (LOL the poor guy just couldn''t keep it a secret to himself I guess!) AND the best part??? Since he''s a good friend he asked if we wouldn''t mind if they BOTH came over tonight so he could pick it up and give it to her right at our house!! He said she was practically jumping out of her skin she was so excited and it was driving him crazy - LOL
36.gif

SO as soon as I got the ring back from the jeweler doing the setting work, I went and snapped about a million more pictures in the gorgeous afternoon sunlight
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

They came over and I handed the ring to her husband so he could officially present it to her... he actually got down on one knee again, right in front of us!!! It was so sweet
9.gif
They just left our house, and she was absolutely BESIDE herself with happiness!!! She said she couldn''t believe the ring was actually *hers* and she half expected someone to come over, tap her on the shoulder, and kindly ask her to return it to its rightful owner, LOL
19.gif

So here are the final pics!! Enjoy!

ReinaSunlight1.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another...

Reinasunlight8.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
On my pinkie...

Reinasunlight4.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another one sorta on my finger... her ring size is 5 1/2, just a little on the small side for me
25.gif
But even if it was the right size, it wouldn''t feel right to put it on all the way on my ring finger before she got the chance to
17.gif

Reinasunlight3abc.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I just LOVE how diamonds look in the late afternoon sunlight!!!! Unlike anything else... just all fire and rainbows and sparkle oh my
30.gif

Reinasunlight7.JPG

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Side angle on the windowsill ledge... last one for now!

Reinasunlight2.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results