Please help me choose! (Poll)

Which one should I choose?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are trying to pick out a yellow sapphire for my e-ring and am not sure which one would be ideal. My favorite is #2, but I thought I would ask the pricescope community to see what they''re thoughts are.

ETA: I added a poll to this thread

YS013.JPG

YS014.JPG

YS015.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like pictures of the same stone except different views (front, tilted and back view).

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 3:51:23 PM
Author: Chrono
They look like pictures of the same stone except different views (front, tilted and back view).
Agreed

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
I think you''re right. My boyfriend just forwarded the pics and told me to pick one. What do you think of the stone itself? I don''t know that much about stones and can''t tell how good quality it is. I was actually envisioning something a little more lemon yellow.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It has a bowtie. See where the center seems dark, somewhat in the shape of a bowtie? For an engagement ring, I''d prefer to have a well cut stone.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
windowed w/bowtie. color not really yellow. however, that could be the camera''s fault. the large window is the stone''s fault.

mz

SB621

Ideal_Rock
do you have any other info on the stone? heat vs no heat- carat size etc?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it is windowed to me, but those are not the best pictures.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just not enough information for me to truly decide on the cut of the stones so I am going to go ONLY with the l/w ratio and vote for #3.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''d politely ask the BF to keep looking. Especially if you are wanting a different/brighter yellow color.
1.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I really think you should see the stone in person, instead of deciding based on a few photos, especially because it''s for an e-ring. You want to observe how it handles light in different lighting conditions, and that''s best done in person (although many photos made under different lights and with different backgrounds can help). I''d also suggest you check out the info regarding it''s treatment and google out a bit about gemstone treatments, cause there are many useful and informative articles. That''ll help you better understand what you''re dealing with. Also, if there is significant money involved in the purchase (but only you know what''s significant amount from your perspective), a certificate from a gemological laboratory might be in order. People usually certify stones that cost several hundred dollars or above, cause it doesen''t make sense to get a 150$ (or whatever the prices are) report for a 50$ stone - not that I think you''re buying a 50$ stone, just explaining. Anyway, the stone above (yeah, it''s all one stone) doesen''t strike me as all that special, the color is not a very pure yellow, although color choices are something subjective and if you like some shade that''s not generally favoured, don''t let that stop you from getting it. There are some cutting issues with the stone too, already mentioned earlier, and because of them I doubt this stone would sparkle a lot. Not that it wouldn''t sparkle at all, but just not as much as it should - leaks too much light out without reflecting it back and creating brilliance. The shape is something I like and it looks to be of generous size, but other than that I''d keep searching.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the stone in real life is close to the photo, I would keep the search on :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results