shape
carat
color
clarity

Two stone ring color combo?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I am loving this 2 stone ring that charmypoo sent as a reference to me then. I thought of setting my 7mm peridot with a 7.6mm blue spinel from gemburionline. What do you think? Am I still able to achieve the look with 2 different size stones? Do you think that the bright peridot can flow with a slight grayish blue spinel? (actually I don''t think that its a PERFECT match ;p) Let me know your views! I am thinking of yellow gold.

two stone ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that bypass design and think contrasting colours work well for such a design. However, a 0.5 mm difference will be noticeable especially since the 2 stones are practically next to each other. It all depends on how anal you are about having them perfectly matched in size. Do you have a picture of your peridot next to your spinel? These two varieties come in so many shades that they are not always compatible.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If the shade of the spinel has a dark tone, the difference in size might be less noticable - cause our eyes perceive darker objects as smaller than light ones. Or if the design would permit, you might bezel the smaller one and leave the larger one in prongs, to make them seem more of the same size. But that''s all just theory, who knows how it would (or would it at all) work in practice.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks ma re and Chrono! My phone is sent for servicing will take some RL snaps asap:) I am concern about the size difference.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
By the way, has anyone came across the side profile of this ring? TIA

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think to put two stones in a setting like this you MUST have the same tone at the very least if not the same saturation. The two colors could be ANY two colors but unless they are in the same color family (two saturations of the same shade of blue or different tones of the same saturation and same basic color) you really need to be matching the colors well. It isn't two different rings worn on the same hand - if they don't coordinate it will look incongruous in a bad way.

ETA - I actually think the size differences are less important...

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres a pic of my sugarloaf rings face-up (almost) together. The size difference of these 2 are 0.8mm. I can see the size difference but when the colors are bright and saturated, one just can't tell. Everyone tells me they are of the same sizes. Hope it helps you visually.

ETA: Sorry they are not round, maybe squares look more of the same sizes when together?

T&S 054.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you Cehrabehra and Megeve for the replies!

Megeve-that''s a great reference! Pretty rings:)

Actually I have been longing for a set of 2-3 stacking rings, maybe I should explore that option too. I like Sally''s Lotus, but I feel that its quite pricey for silver, I can get a logr 14k white gold ring for the same amount. I believe quite a number of Pser own this mount, is it stackable? TIA

logrstk.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results