clarity

Men!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:38:02 AM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 5/13/2010 8:48:42 PM
Author: packrat
Mine will come up to me at random times, like when I''m sitting here at the computer, and not say anything. Just drop trou and stand there. Proudly. Chest puffed out like Superman-well, actually in the Superman stance, hands on hips, head looking to the side. I quit looking.

OR, he''ll come in and take *ahem* himself and wiggle it at me. I''m like Get your SNOOD out of my face! Seriously, I know you''re proud of it, and maybe if I was a guy, I''d be proud too but heaven help me I''m fully aware that you have this appendage, it doesn''t need to do circus tricks for me to be aware of it.
LMAO
DH does his own version of this a few times a week before bed.
20.gif
OH MY SWEET LORD, THIS IS HILARIOUS! If my husband ever did this I would die of laughter.

This reminded me of something else that he does, and it is kind of annoying:

He''ll break out into a really exaggerated version of the running man when it''s just the two of us somewhere (like in an elevator) but *right* before we''re about to see other people. SO, we greet the other people and I''m usually laughing too hard to give them a proper hello, but I can''t really explain WHY I''m laughing because they wouldn''t believe "Mr. Haven just broke out into a mean version of the running man on our way down the elevator." Yeah, um . . . right. SO I just end up looking like a crazy person, and DH stands there looking all confused and says "I have no idea why she''s laughing."

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 9:53:10 AM
Author: ladyciel

He has zero patience for people, especially driving. He can go from happy to completely pissed off and ranting with just the 2 minute drive from our house to work. My mood is often sensitive to his mood, so sitting through this makes me irritable as well. However, though HIS mood and being pissy was completely justified, me being grumpy isn''t allowed and so he''s suddenly all sunshine and trying to tease me about being cranky. The sudden transformation and attempt to turn the tables on me just drives me up the wall. Really, this could apply to any time he gets into a bad mood and drags me down into one. Without notice he drops the anger and instead turns to teasing (the now short-fused, needing some quiet and fresh air to decompress) me. I''m happy to be the one thing that can brighten his self-induced bad day, but don''t do it in a way that just continues to ruin mine!!

Oh, so you''ve met my husband have you????

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of a few more ridiculous things he does.

-He hoards dirty dishes on his desk. He''s really good about dishes everywhere but there. He''s getting better but seriously... when the dishes on your desk seem to outnumber the dishes in the kitchen... there''s a problem.

-He can''t do ANYTHING while he is on the phone. The guy is the definition of a mono-tasker (if that''s even a word). He''ll make some extreme reaction to something someone said on the phone and I obviously want to know RIGHT then if it produced that reaction and he can''t even whisper to me what he''s reacting to. Drives me crazy!

-And the source of our current relationship frustration is that he always insists on getting ready for bed 10 minutes after I do. Which means that right as I''m about to go to sleep and turn lights off, he''s just getting up to get ready so I have to just lay in bed and wait for him. We''re working through it...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 10:53:15 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 5/14/2010 9:53:10 AM
Author: ladyciel

He has zero patience for people, especially driving. He can go from happy to completely pissed off and ranting with just the 2 minute drive from our house to work. My mood is often sensitive to his mood, so sitting through this makes me irritable as well. However, though HIS mood and being pissy was completely justified, me being grumpy isn''t allowed and so he''s suddenly all sunshine and trying to tease me about being cranky. The sudden transformation and attempt to turn the tables on me just drives me up the wall. Really, this could apply to any time he gets into a bad mood and drags me down into one. Without notice he drops the anger and instead turns to teasing (the now short-fused, needing some quiet and fresh air to decompress) me. I''m happy to be the one thing that can brighten his self-induced bad day, but don''t do it in a way that just continues to ruin mine!!

Oh, so you''ve met my husband have you????
Ugh - mine does this too. We have a disagreement about something, and then - without warning, he''s just peachy, and will just start being Mr. Happy and Playful. This usually just angers me further and I end up telling him to take his sunshine and stick it somewhere.
11.gif
This must be some poor tactic they teach in man school.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to the grocery shopping! I gave Lane a list that included all of the ingredients for a Caesar salad. They were listed specifically and even included brands. He comes home with one of those Caesar Supreme bags that has awful parmesan and croutons. He said it was just easier. BLERGG!! I was cooking for other people too, so I was pretty embarrassed that my salad was a bag salad.

He picks at his toes all of the time. It''s disgusting! He will do it even if we are over at a friends house or something! I''m about to outlaw flip flops if he can''t keep his fingers off his toes.

When he is at his house he is a dish nazi. We can''t even sit at the table once dinner is over to just talk and relax. We have to do the dishes. I even do the dishes at his place myself while he sits. Don''t worry, we take turns. So, it''s beyond me that when we are at MY house dishes make it near the sink and that''s it. They don''t even get rinsed out. Drives me bonkers!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Forgot another one. We live about 2 hours from each other. His old house did not have a washer and dryer, so he brought laundry to my house most weekends. I work on Saturdays, so he would always do laundry then. If I had anything in the washer it never got moved to the dryer. He''d set it out either on the ironing board (might I mention that my washer/dryer is in the nasty garage?) or in a laundry basket. Then he''d do his laundry and put mine back in the washer, still wet. By the time I get to my poor clothes they smell like mildew and have to be washed again. I told him plenty of times that he is more than welcome to dry my clothes too. Yet, it still never happens..

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Pointless rambling about how wonderful my husband is, because of course I think so or I wouldn''t have married him.

On to the funny stuff:

Newspapers everywhere. The coffee table, the living room floor, our bedroom. I provided a lovely, large basket for him to store them in, but he says that''s for "old" papers, today''s papers (and we get 2) must be readily available, which means spread throughout the house. Nevermind that the basket sits next to the chair where he reads said newspapers.

Midnight snacks=an E.T.-like trail in our household. This morning I found two M&M''s one squished on the carpet. I had to ask, what did that poor squished M&M do to deserve to be squished on the floor rather than eaten?

Howard Stern. He''s been listening to the man for 20 years. I am throwing a party the day he goes off air (December should be the death of that horrible show, many years too late). It''s not even interesting, and my husband agrees that it isn''t any longer, but he''s a creature of habit and can''t stop listening now, because it''s "so close to the end" and he''s been doing so for all these years. So not only do I have to hear HS in the car (my car included, because he always changes the station to Howard and the damn show repeats all day long) but in the house (he just proudly showed me he managed to hook up satellite in our new house, this from the man who despises working with technology to the extent that he won''t hook up SYNC in my car so my phone is hands-free). I tell him he''s poisoning our poor daughter. The most bizarre part is my husbband is extremely conservative/straightlaced, his being a fan is so out of character I simply don''t understand. Maybe it''s the fascination with his total opposite that draws him to that awful show.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Howard Stern....that is all...

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot one other SUPER annoying thing he does. So in our master bathroom, I have 2 decorative towels up. I''ve told him a million times, these towels are JUST for decoration, please use the other hand towel I have out on the counter to wipe your hands with after you wash them. He says he doesn''t get why I even have the other ones if they''re just for looks. So the other night, I was helping my son get ready for bed. He finished brushing his teeth, then proceeds to wipe his toothpasty mouth all over my decorative towels! I said "why did you do that, you know those aren''t the ones you''re supposed to use." He says "dad told me I could because he thinks your rule about not using those towels is silly."

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 8:34:24 PM
Date: 5/13/2010 2:31:28 PM

Author: doodle

23.gif
The eyes on the smiley, note that. Put those eyes in the face of an adorable Puerto Rican man. Congratulations, now you know what my dearest darling husband looks like when he farts. In public, might I add. He says nothing, does nothing, just does the eyes, and you know to RUN while you can because a death cloud of stankage is heading your way. In private, a totally different story. Then, he blames it on geese, or frogs, or butterflies, or anything else that pops into his head. ''Man, did you hear that spider?! I didn''t even know they could bark like that!''
20.gif
The man also has some serious bathroom issues. We had a conversation last night that went something like this:

Me: Is there something in the male chromosomes that forbids all of you from cleaning up after grooming your facial hair? Because I''m NOT a fan of having your SPROUTAGE all up in my toothbrush!

Him: ::peals of laughter:: ::gasps for air:: You...said...SPROUTAGE!!!

Me: Did you even process what I just said?

Him: Yeah, you said...um...well, really, all I got was ''sproutage.''

He also can''t aim, to the extent that I''ve started telling him to take care of his Stevie Wonder issues because I refuse to anymore. He''s getting better about that one. Another thing I don''t get--how is it that my husband can BUILD a computer, works with electronics all day every day, but he can''t figure out even the most basic of functions on his cell phone?! He treats the trash like an adaptation of Jenga--just piles stuff and piles stuff, then cusses like a sailor when he goes to take it out and it all falls on him. He refuses to buy new underwear--I actually got him to throw one pair away recently because I told some of the friends we were with that he was basically going commando but with an elastic belt because there was NADA left in the crotch of these shorts! And he''s the same way with socks--how can it even be comfortable to wear toeless socks?! The highlight, though, is his talking in his sleep. I SWEAR, he woke me up in the middle of the night once because he rolled toward me, grabbed me by the hips, STARTED PEDALING, and said, ''You like to ride the bike, doncha?'' This is doubly ridiculous if I throw in that, actually, neither of us ever learned how to ride a bike, so no, I''m not particularly a fan, now get back on your side, you big idiot! Ah well, at least he keeps me amused!

OMG your ''ride the bike'' comment just made me pee!

HH, I had the same reaction. I just spent 10 mins laughing so hard. I haven''t laughed this hard in 3 years! I was crying with laughter...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 4:02:01 PM
Author: mayerling

Date: 5/13/2010 8:34:24 PM

Date: 5/13/2010 2:31:28 PM

23.gif
The eyes on the smiley, note that. Put those eyes in the face of an adorable Puerto Rican man. Congratulations, now you know what my dearest darling husband looks like when he farts. In public, might I add. He says nothing, does nothing, just does the eyes, and you know to RUN while you can because a death cloud of stankage is heading your way. In private, a totally different story. Then, he blames it on geese, or frogs, or butterflies, or anything else that pops into his head. ''Man, did you hear that spider?! I didn''t even know they could bark like that!''
20.gif
The man also has some serious bathroom issues. We had a conversation last night that went something like this:

Me: Is there something in the male chromosomes that forbids all of you from cleaning up after grooming your facial hair? Because I''m NOT a fan of having your SPROUTAGE all up in my toothbrush!

Him: ::peals of laughter:: ::gasps for air:: You...said...SPROUTAGE!!!

Me: Did you even process what I just said?

Him: Yeah, you said...um...well, really, all I got was ''sproutage.''

He also can''t aim, to the extent that I''ve started telling him to take care of his Stevie Wonder issues because I refuse to anymore. He''s getting better about that one. Another thing I don''t get--how is it that my husband can BUILD a computer, works with electronics all day every day, but he can''t figure out even the most basic of functions on his cell phone?! He treats the trash like an adaptation of Jenga--just piles stuff and piles stuff, then cusses like a sailor when he goes to take it out and it all falls on him. He refuses to buy new underwear--I actually got him to throw one pair away recently because I told some of the friends we were with that he was basically going commando but with an elastic belt because there was NADA left in the crotch of these shorts! And he''s the same way with socks--how can it even be comfortable to wear toeless socks?! The highlight, though, is his talking in his sleep. I SWEAR, he woke me up in the middle of the night once because he rolled toward me, grabbed me by the hips, STARTED PEDALING, and said, ''You like to ride the bike, doncha?'' This is doubly ridiculous if I throw in that, actually, neither of us ever learned how to ride a bike, so no, I''m not particularly a fan, now get back on your side, you big idiot! Ah well, at least he keeps me amused!

OMG your ''ride the bike'' comment just made me pee!

HH, I had the same reaction. I just spent 10 mins laughing so hard. I haven''t laughed this hard in 3 years! I was crying with laughter...
I didn''t quite pee, but I nearly fell out of my chair laughing -- in the middle of a conference call
4.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:00:00 PM
Author: FL Steph
Oh, I forgot one other SUPER annoying thing he does. So in our master bathroom, I have 2 decorative towels up. I''ve told him a million times, these towels are JUST for decoration, please use the other hand towel I have out on the counter to wipe your hands with after you wash them. He says he doesn''t get why I even have the other ones if they''re just for looks. So the other night, I was helping my son get ready for bed. He finished brushing his teeth, then proceeds to wipe his toothpasty mouth all over my decorative towels! I said ''why did you do that, you know those aren''t the ones you''re supposed to use.'' He says ''dad told me I could because he thinks your rule about not using those towels is silly.''

Omg, dad, shame on you! But...LOL!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine snores-not as bad after having nasal surgery, but he still snores. I need quiet. I''m a light sleeper to begin with, and always have an ear "awake" to listen for the kids, so if he''s making all kinds of damn noise, I''m not sleeping and I''m ticked. When we were first married I hit upon the perfect solution to get him to quit. I take my big toe and dig it into his calf muscle. HARD. If I think I''m touching bone, all the better-dig it and wiggle the toe back and forth. It''s not enough to wake him up, but he moves away from it and changes position. He couldn''t figure out why he was getting bruises back there and the muscle hurt. Guess what? Quit snoring and I''ll stop.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of another one: When watching TV (which is pretty much all the time for him), he has strange remote issues. Yes, like most men, he feels the need to control the remote. That, in and of itself, doesn't really bother me . . . if he wants to watch something that I don't want to watch, I just go upstairs and watch whatever I want. But, when we're sitting on the couch watching TV together, he HAS to sit the remote on the couch cushion between us, even though the coffee table is right in front of him. This drives me NUTS because I inevitably wind up sitting on the remote at some point during the evening. Or, it's constantly sliding over toward me and poking me in the side of the thigh. Oh, and on the very rare occasions when he DOES sit the remote on the coffee table (or on the nightstand, in the case of our bedroom TV), he INSISTS on sitting it buttons-down. He says this is because the buttons are soft and the bottom of the remote is hard, and he's trying to prevent damage to the surface of the coffee table. I'm like, "Well were you PLANNING to slam it down with all of the force you possibly can, or . . . " And right now, I'm sitting on our living room couch. The TV is off, and he was the last one who watched it. He laid the remote (buttons down, naturally) on top of a magazine on the coffee table. So there goes the coffe-table-damage theory, right out the window. WHY????? Just . . . WHY??????? The buttons are what you need to push to make the TV work, so WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY do you want them to be inaccessible?!?!
32.gif
20.gif
38.gif

ETA: Packie, I swear, your DH and my DH must be long-lost twins or something! I have the snoring problem too, so I'm gonna try the toe trick tonight!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of a few more...

When he comes into the room while I''m watching TV, or even if he''s been there all along but hasn''t paid attention, he''ll ask me what''s going on, who the characters are, etc....I''m always like "dude, WATCH THE SHOW AND YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!!" It doesn''t matter if the show/movie has just started or hasn''t even started yet, or if I''ve just barely turned on the TV......

Sorting laundry this morning, every pair of my husband''s pants had its pockets filled to capacity with receipts, change, tissues, paper towels, screws, pens, and plastic bags. I swear to god, he''s a trash klepto who picks up things as he goes through the day and just shoves them in his pockets. He had like 15 packets of sweet n low in one of his pockets...

A positive part? I made about 15 dollars, a $10 and $5 in change
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 2:43:01 PM
I love Howard Stern....that is all...
He''s playing like a broken record in our house right now, come on over! My husband just claimed he cleaned the kitchen better and faster because he had Howard to listen to. I guess I can''t complain, the kitchen does look great.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea the show on repeat would drive me a little bonkers. But it does make for really entertaining road trips when we''re together. I miss Sirius, we need to renew our subscription.

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock
Monkeypie - THE SHEET THING... My DH hates it too but I haven''t given up the fight on this one. Why would anyone not enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of a sheet?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Glad Y''ALL thought it was funny--I''m still feeling violated!
3.gif
Seriously, I don''t understand why he''s such a chatterbox in his sleep because he doesn''t say much the rest of the time. Another night, again with him talking in his sleep, we had the following conversation:

HIM: You rock!
ME: What''re you talking about?
HIM: You rock at both styles!
ME: Both styles of what?
HIM: BOTH STYLES OF DANCE.
ME: Oh? And what are the two styles of dance?
HIM: The NATURAL kind and the UNNATURAL kind!!

I guess I got what I deserved for making him watch So You Think You Can Dance with me! He also gave me a really long lecture in his sleep one night about how he couldn''t take it anymore with all the "washing and ironing and ironing and washing" (at which point I reminded him that he''s never ironed anything ever), and he then told me there were "just entirely too many blue ones" (and when I asked him "blue what?" he got angry that I didn''t know about all the big blue birds helping him with the laundry). We seriously keep lists on our night stands, mine of stuff he says in his sleep, and his of stuff I mishear. We''re a sad pair, haha!

Pantss

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 2:00:49 AM
Glad Y''ALL thought it was funny--I''m still feeling violated!
3.gif
Seriously, I don''t understand why he''s such a chatterbox in his sleep because he doesn''t say much the rest of the time. Another night, again with him talking in his sleep, we had the following conversation:

HIM: You rock!

ME: What''re you talking about?

HIM: You rock at both styles!

ME: Both styles of what?

HIM: BOTH STYLES OF DANCE.

ME: Oh? And what are the two styles of dance?

HIM: The NATURAL kind and the UNNATURAL kind!!

I guess I got what I deserved for making him watch So You Think You Can Dance with me! He also gave me a really long lecture in his sleep one night about how he couldn''t take it anymore with all the ''washing and ironing and ironing and washing'' (at which point I reminded him that he''s never ironed anything ever), and he then told me there were ''just entirely too many blue ones'' (and when I asked him ''blue what?'' he got angry that I didn''t know about all the big blue birds helping him with the laundry). We seriously keep lists on our night stands, mine of stuff he says in his sleep, and his of stuff I mishear. We''re a sad pair, haha!

Doodle, you need to write a book, you are so very entertaining!! I LOVE your posts!!! haha so funny and cute :)

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that just puzzles me. So apparently has some kind of infatuation with the hotel shampoo''s and soaps. He has an entire drawer FULL of them. Here are about 50 bottles of different mini shampoos, conditioners, and soaps. Anytime he stays somewhere, he grabs all the bottles and throws them in his bag, brings them home and then puts them in this special drawer. AND NEVER USES THEM!!!! WTH? Why is there an entire drawer dedicated to such things? In case there''s a shortage and the government starts rationing shampoo?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 4:00:00 PM
Author: FL Steph
Oh, I forgot one other SUPER annoying thing he does. So in our master bathroom, I have 2 decorative towels up. I''ve told him a million times, these towels are JUST for decoration, please use the other hand towel I have out on the counter to wipe your hands with after you wash them. He says he doesn''t get why I even have the other ones if they''re just for looks. So the other night, I was helping my son get ready for bed. He finished brushing his teeth, then proceeds to wipe his toothpasty mouth all over my decorative towels! I said ''why did you do that, you know those aren''t the ones you''re supposed to use.'' He says ''dad told me I could because he thinks your rule about not using those towels is silly.''
Now THAT is a killing offense. Seriously. I would have to have a bit of "speech" with the hubs about that one. One parent circumventing the rules laid down by another, is asking for trouble. As your husband how he''d like it if you told your son that he didn''t have to obey dad because YOU thought dad''s rules were "silly". He''d likely slip a cog.

I have a friend who spent her whole child-raising career having her husband undo rules she tried to lay down for her kids. She''d say they had to do this that or the other, and in the next breath dad would undo it by telling them they didn''t have to. Ugly stuff. Lots of resentment in that marriage, as you might imagine, and some really confused kids.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ksinger, I know! We''ve always backed each other up on things with the kiddos, so when I heard that I was like
6.gif
. Believe me, he won''t make that mistake again
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been reading this thread, laughing and bobbing my head in agreement to so many of these!!!!!

Like so many of you, I was also blessed with a kind and somewhat considerate husband, but he is not without his faults.

My husband''s big one is his inability to take his beer bottles out to the garage to recycle. The very infuriating thing about it is that he has a shop outside where he paints his 1/16 models that he''s been working on (cars and helicoptors, recently). RIGHT NEXT TO THE BLOODY RECYCLING BIN! But nooooo, he brings those bottles right back inside the kitchen and let''s them collect on top of the wine bar. Looking at the wine bar right now, we have 8 beer bottles and a wine bottle sitting up there. I''m steaming just looking at them.

Also, he walks right out of his flip-flops just as he enters the kitchen from the garage, and just leaves them there; one flop somewhat in front of the other flop. I trip over them every single time. My fault, I guess, but this morning I almost lost it when I found every single darn pair of flip flops that he owns strewn from one end of the kitchen to the other. He has 3 pair, so the tripping episode over SIX flip flops had to be quite hilarious to watch. Not so much fun to be the flailing wife. LOL

He''s also a very talented baker, but I dread seeing the flour come out of the pantry. The guy can''t keep it all on the counter to save his life. Anytime he bakes, I know eventually I''ll be witnessing a mushroom cloud of flour that will eventually land all over the kitchen. In places I won''t find for weeks.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I often wonder... if you broke it down into years...how many years of their life men spend pooping?

35.gif

Or in percentages? Would it be 10-20%? Why do they love their "throne" so much??? LOL

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 10:50:15 PM
Author: Ryan Claire
Monkeypie - THE SHEET THING... My DH hates it too but I haven''t given up the fight on this one. Why would anyone not enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of a sheet?

He claims he gets tangled in it - and now that I haven''t slept with a sheet in almost 5 years, I get tangled, too. Darn him, he''s ruined me!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Am I imagining it, or has this thread made it to page 5 without any mention being made of TGuy''s Big Book of Wedding Condolences?!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Doodle made me laugh

Sortof OT - my mom talks in her sleep. When I was younger I was scared to sleep alone b/c our house was broken into twice and both times they used MY bedroom window. One night she woke me up and hovered over me and said "DON"T MOVE... DON"T MOVE... there''s a LAZER gun POINTED AT YOUR HEAD"

Another she woke me up and we had this convo:

"wake up, we have to do your science project"
me: " what?"
"We have to get the tickets"
me: "Tickets for what?"
"For the President of the United States"

She went to the restroom, came back... didn''t remember a thing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 4:26:55 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Am I imagining it, or has this thread made it to page 5 without any mention being made of TGuy''s Big Book of Wedding Condolences?!

Bahahaha! No kidding . It really is my favorite memento from my wedding though, how funny is that.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 8:42:01 PM
Author: Bliss
I often wonder... if you broke it down into years...how many years of their life men spend pooping?

35.gif

Or in percentages? Would it be 10-20%? Why do they love their ''throne'' so much??? LOL

And why do they insist on having reading material? I always giggle to myself when I see guys at work headed to the bathroom with the sports section or something else to read. It''s like they''re advertising the fact that they''re going to go take a 20 minute dump. Is it an excuse to read the paper or does it really take that long for them to do their stuff? It doesn''t take me that long!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results