shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel and Early Pregnancy - NY and London advice appreciated ....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Circe, I''m so sorry for your loss.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Circe, sorry to hear. I hope your travels are safe. Hugs to you my friend.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all, very much. I don''t know if it''s possible, or even sensible, to compare losses, but after last summer ... while this isn''t exactly the most fun I''ve ever had in my life, it''s tolerable. The worst part, I suppose, is the resonance that it raises (and the vague sense of "fool me once, shame on you: fool me twice, shame on me" - I do wonder if I''ll be able to approach my next real pregnancy with anything like the anticipation and joy that I felt initially). In other news, thanks to the volcano, the trip is also on hiatus.

I felt the vague temptation, while the pregnancy looked viable but risky, to dub it "Murphy" (as in, whatever can go wrong ....). I''m both superstitious and irreverent ... so, while I don''t think that I jinxed myself, I do feel sort of like I saw this coming. Fingers crossed that the next one gets a womb-name like "Hope" and we go from there ....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Circe, big hugs to you. I totally hear what you are saying and think that is competely normal. I don''t think you jinxed anything either, I think that it''s tough to figure out whether to be hopeful or fearful or both during the first tri (and beyond).

I think your experiences will make/have made you wary, and that''s normal and ok.

I too hope that the next one will be "Hope" and that "Hope" will be justified and fulfilled.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe Sighhhh... big hugs to you. I know I have said this before, but I will say it again -- you are not alone in this. Any emotions you have are valid and shared by women around the world now and going back millenia, as the one fundamental truth about womenhood is the fragile nature of conception, pregnancy, and birth. You are not the first woman or the last woman to lose a child, to worry and doubt about the future. To hope for better and fear the worst next time around. You are a strong a resilient woman, as were all your female ancestors who persevered through similar trials so that you would be here today. I hope you get love and support from the people you love today and as long as you need it.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Circe, if it''s any help at all, it was my third pregnancy that was the magic one, the one where we had our daughter at the end of it. I was anxious for nine months, but there was a lot of joy there too. I did worry, but it wasn''t that strange, all pervasive feeling that you try to put to the back of your mind, that sad little awareness that this isn''t it. It will happen for you too, but you''ll never forget your little beans. I''m thinking about you.

Hugs,

Jen

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results