shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! :)

I''ll have to take pics when it''s not so dark.

I have some more stuff to add to it.. I''ll probably crowd this one out completely. Adding split rings is not my favorite part of this.

A vintage spinner charm are the ones that have a bracket (?) with the main part of the charm that spins around in it. I''m not sure how to explain it, but I''ll take a pic of it. They used to be popular, early mid-century, I think? One of the older charms I have on this, like a N Y World''s Fair 1964 charm, is a spinner.

One of the old charms on here moves too-- the beer jug opens up. Sadly, there''s no beer inside.. ;-)

krisalyn

Rough_Rock
thanks ladies!

All your charm bracelets are definitely eye candy.

The thing i love most about charm bracelets is that each and everyone of them are unique and it tells a different story...a story of the wearer''s life. it''s just so fascinating.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/25/2010 10:15:18 PM
Author: AussieNic

Date:
2/24/2010 7:33:28 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
2/18/2010 11:24:40 AM

Here is another lovely =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]cupcake charm I found on Etsy. This one is solid, fine silver and the artist making it will make minor changes in it for you (see the description). I love the sprinkles!

I decided to have this charm made in gold by the Etsy artist who made this cupcake charm in silver. Right now a jeweler is adding a small, 14K gold saucepan and lid to my bracelet, too. I had already bought that charm when I took pictures of my bracelet, but the charm wasn''t on the bracelet yet, so I didn''t photograph it.

Ooh, can''t wait to see some photo''s of that cupcake in gold!
Much as I loved the look of that cupcake when it was made out of fine silver clay, I did read warnings (not necessarily in this thread) by some posters about precious metal clay versus cast gold. Coincidentally, the sculptress who had agreed to make me a charm in gold, decided that it would not be a good idea to make it out of gold clay. Instead she decided to make a mold and to use her scrap gold of 18K and 24K to make a cast charm. She had to find someone else to make the cast or do the casting, however. (I am not sure how that works.) She had used one erson in the past and that person was now unavailable so she looked for-and found-someone else. So the gold cupcake charm I will get will not be of clay and there will be more than one available! Once she has the mold made, she will make more than one!

AGBF
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:58:27 PM

Date:
2/25/2010 10:15:18 PM

Date:
2/24/2010 7:33:28 PM

Date:
2/18/2010 11:24:40 AM

Here is another lovely =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]cupcake charm I found on Etsy. This one is solid, fine silver and the artist making it will make minor changes in it for you (see the description). I love the sprinkles!

I decided to have this charm made in gold by the Etsy artist who made this cupcake charm in silver. Right now a jeweler is adding a small, 14K gold saucepan and lid to my bracelet, too. I had already bought that charm when I took pictures of my bracelet, but the charm wasn''t on the bracelet yet, so I didn''t photograph it.

Ooh, can''t wait to see some photo''s of that cupcake in gold!

Much as I loved the look of that cupcake when it was made out of fine silver clay, I did read warnings (not necessarily in this thread) by some posters about precious metal clay versus cast gold. Coincidentally, the sculptress who had agreed to make me a charm in gold, decided that it would not be a good idea to make it out of gold clay. Instead she decided to make a mold and to use her scrap gold of 18K and 24K to make a cast charm. She had to find someone else to make the cast or do the casting, however. (I am not sure how that works.) She had used one erson in the past and that person was now unavailable so she looked for-and found-someone else. So the gold cupcake charm I will get will not be of clay and there will be more than one available! Once she has the mold made, she will make more than one!

AGBF

34.gif

wait - what?? when did i miss this??

AGBF - you''re getting your gold cupcake?? i need to go back and see what i''ve missed!

this is the best thread!
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Deb - just traced back and found which one you''re getting - wonderful!

just a thought tho....

have you thought about asking her to have the cherry enameled? i love dots of color on my charms. not incredibly easy to arrange tho.

i love the idea of your frypan. i know you got one you weren''t all that thrilled about - what are you planning to do with that one? i have an antique iron on mine... we really need to all get together and make a ''housework bracelet''!

hugs to you :)

Petraay

Rough_Rock
Your idea is brilliant but mine is also superb!!

For charm bracelets a tiny tinkling bell feels soothing

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/2/2010 2:46:51 PM
Author: whitby_2773

have you thought about asking her to have the cherry enameled? i love dots of color on my charms. not incredibly easy to arrange tho.

I had not thought of this, whitby. I gave it some thought after I read your idea, however. I do not think I am ready for enamel yet. At first I did not think I wanted to add any color to the bracelet, then I decided to get the Lab with the ruby eyes. That left the door open for a Tiffany cupcake (which has some white gold and also has jewels in three different colors). That seemed radical to me, but I have purchased the Tiffany cupcake now and am just waiting to get my other gold cupcake before I have both of them put on my bracelet.

I am not ready to take the plunge on adding enamel to this bracelet, however. I had originally had a completely yellow gold bracelet in mind and I have already veered from the path significantly. I need to do this step by baby step! :).
Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 12:03:39 PM

Date:
3/2/2010 2:46:51 PM

Author: whitby_2773

I had not thought of this, whitby. I gave it some thought after I read your idea, however. I do not think I am ready for enamel yet. At first I did not think I wanted to add any color to the bracelet, then I decided to get the Lab with the ruby eyes. That left the door open for a Tiffany cupcake (which has some white gold and also has jewels in three different colors). That seemed radical to me, but I have purchased the Tiffany cupcake now and am just waiting to get my other gold cupcake before I have both of them put on my bracelet.

I am not ready to take the plunge on adding enamel to this bracelet, however. I had originally had a completely yellow gold bracelet in mind and I have already veered from the path significantly. I need to do this step by baby step! :).

Hugs,

Deb

34.gif

got it. :)

and - i didnt know you''d bought the tiffany cupcake! WOW! that''s a big purchase - lucky you!

i pick up my diamond charm on friday, so will post photos over the weekend. very excited :)

hugs back at you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
o.k., you guys are a terrible influence.
2.gif
I had a sterling charm bracelet in high school, and after reading these threads, I decided to start a new gold charm bracelet. The new empty bracelet arrived yesterday, and hasn''t left my wrist. This darling vintage car charm came in the mail this afternoon. The wheels move and the detail is amazing. We own two PT Cruisers and this little car has similar styling. I''m on the lookout for more adorable charms.
3.gif
Part of the fun is the hunt, I bet.
1.gif

CarCharm9387.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of this adorable vintage car charm.

CarCharm9378.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/20/2010 4:09:09 PM
Author: Fly Girl
2.gif
I had a sterling charm bracelet in high school, and after reading these threads, I decided to start a new gold charm bracelet. The new empty bracelet arrived yesterday, and hasn't left my wrist. This darling vintage car charm came in the mail this afternoon. The wheels move and the detail is amazing. We own two PT Cruisers and this little car has similar styling. I'm on the lookout for more adorable charms.
3.gif
1.gif
Fly Girl, I love it! And I guessed that it had moveable wheels before I read that it did. It just looked as if it had been constructed for motion. (I am referring to the car charm, of course.) Would you do me a favor and start a thread all your own about your new bracelet? You are, obviously, going to be building this bracelet and it will be a lot easier to follow along if it has its own thread. (If I had my way, every charm bracelet that is being started now would have its own thread so that it could be followed!)

I am so happy that you got a new bracelet...and that you chose yellow gold, too!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Cute car! I''m glad you''re starting a new one.. they really are fun to collect and find things for.

I''ve been meaning to post more pics of my vintage bracelet. It''s filling up fast these days.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 4:09:09 PM
Author: Fly Girl
2.gif
I had a sterling charm bracelet in high school, and after reading these threads, I decided to start a new gold charm bracelet. The new empty bracelet arrived yesterday, and hasn''t left my wrist. This darling vintage car charm came in the mail this afternoon. The wheels move and the detail is amazing. We own two PT Cruisers and this little car has similar styling. I''m on the lookout for more adorable charms.
3.gif
1.gif

I totally agree with you. My bank account was hurt so badly because of this forum.
2.gif
I''m glad I''m not the only who was inspired by this thread to start a charm bracelet. I had a lot of fun looking for charms. It becomes my new obsession.

Fly Girl, nice car! It is so cute and well made. I got 3 moving charms too. I will upload pictures after I size them down.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine. The house, the ferris wheel and the cuckoo clock are movable. The ball is an old English watch fob. It has very detailed gold work.

IMG_2766.JPG

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
fafa,

I love it! The ferris wheel is too cute.

What''s the story behind this bracelet? Is it vintage of yours, or do you collect antique (?) charms?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/25/2010 8:36:01 PM
Author: fafa

Here's mine. The house, the ferris wheel and the cuckoo clock are movable. The ball is an old English watch fob. It has very detailed gold work.
fafa-You said that this thread inspired you to start a bracelet. I want to know if you really just recently started this wonderful bracelet? Can I get you to start a new thread about your own bracelet (as well as having posted about it here)? I would love to hear about how you came to start it but I would also love more detailed photos of all your charms! They are really, really beautiful ones. That much I can see from the picture that you posted! Where did you find them? As ringthings asked, are they vintage/antique pieces? I am sure that everyone would like to hear the story behind them, too!

I'll be hoping!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 3:53:25 AM
Author: ringthings

I''ve been meaning to post more pics of my vintage bracelet. It''s filling up fast these days.
ringthings- Can I get you to start a thread about that bracelet so that we can follow along as it grows? I love the idea of a thread for each growing charm bracelet!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:36:01 PM
Author: fafa
Here''s mine. The house, the ferris wheel and the cuckoo clock are movable. The ball is an old English watch fob. It has very detailed gold work.
I love your bracelet, fafa! I''ve been looking for a little house myself. Does the roof come open to see the interior?

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ringthings, AGBF, and Fly Girl for your nice words. Yes, the charms are all vintage/antique. I have really just started this bracelet because of this thread. That means I went crazy and bought the starter bracelet and all these charms within a very short period of time. I will tell more about this bracelet when I start a new thread.

Fly Girl, the house opens at the bottom. There is a pot hanging in the house. It swings with movement.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
ABGF- Sure, I''ll try to remember to take more pictures of it.

I cleaned it with a Tarn-x, and that wasn''t a good idea. I need to re-patina a few of them. I''ve heard putting silver charms in a hot egg would do that (darken them again)? The bracelet looks fine, but some of the detailing was because of darkened areas. And, I went crazy with cleaner on everything one night. Oops.

-

Can everyone add a link to their charm bracelet thread in here, too?

It''s hard for me to keep up on all of them. Don''t forget to add a photo of the overall bracelet here, too. :)

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a link to my thread.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve added a thread showing my work in progress. Link

I have an Eiffel tower (a very, very tiny one) in the mail to me that I''m looking forward to adding.

TempAttached9495a.JPG

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 11:08:41 AM

Isn't this charm adorable!!!? I found it on Etsy! There are many silver cupcake charms on Etsy, by the way. Take a look. Although I think =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]this one is great! (It reminds me a bit of the gold, bejeweled, Tiffany one!)

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

I had to come back and requote AGBF's post and say another BIG Thankyou for posting this gorgeous charm. I finally ended up buying one for my daughter, and it arrived this morning just before we went to school. She opened it and is totally in love with her new piece of jewellery. I think it would be perfect amongst her other charms on her bracelet, but she wants to wear it on the necklace. I will attempt to take some photo's of it on the weekend if I get a chance, and will post them in here. :)

edited to add: Ahh..I thought by requoting, the original photo would show up... (still learning my way around i think) anyway, it was the etsy cupcake charm with the white icing and swarovski crystals as sprinkles.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/12/2010 11:46:27 PM

edited to add: Ahh..I thought by requoting, the original photo would show up...
That's exactly what did happen, AussieNic. That is the only way that I was able to find the charm in question. You did vey well indeed! I am so pleased that your daughter is happy with the charm. As I look at the

photos of it again ( and using the link, one can see several photos), I am struck by how pretty that charm is. It is definitely (in my opinion) comparable to the gold Tiffany charm which I just bought for my charm

bracelet! I am so glad your daughter likes it! You are a great mom!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AUssieNicDaughterCupcakeCharm.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that`s an adorable charm AGBF!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Agbf, I love the cupcake, it is darling! This is such a fun thread and such a bad influence!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Maevie and lcom, but it isn't really my charm! It's AussieNic's charm now. She has the real thing. You have made me realize that I'd like to add its photo to the thread on cupcake charms, though. I can be a

bit slow! Thank you for the heads up!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread!

I inherited my grandmothers heavy silver charm bracelet about 22 years ago. I will have to take and post pics this weekend. It is packed FULL of charms and heavy - so heavy and noisy I do not wear it! I have never added a charm - no room - but I wrapped it around my bouquet at my wedding and it is a cherished piece.

As a young kid I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Especially the charms that moved like the pecking woodpecker.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Oh my! I didn''t even realise there was a cupcake charm thread! I will have to go read that one a bit later on tonight i think.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is my charm bracelet that I have had for years but this thread has inspired me to add new ones and I also just bought a 14k white gold one on ebay with one heart charm on it, more will have to wait awhile. It has also inspired me to start some for my daughters and nieces, I have 2 daughters and 5 nieces so I have started buying a bracelet a month, I hope to be ready by christmas.

This bracelet is from James avery, sterling with mostly travel charms from around the US, We love state and national parks and try to get a charm every one we go to, I love how the charms have the little banners on them! I also have a claddaugh from my recent trip to Ireland and the eiffel tower from our trip to France, The four round disks have my childrens names on them and they came with little birthstones (from etsy) but the stones looked like plastic so they are not on there, I also have my birthstone on there, peridot and I love this stone! I got it on ebay and it seems like most that I see are lighter green and I like the olive tones better and this is very olive. I also have hobbies on there, a canoe and kayak and a few other things.

rsz_051.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results