shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Idealscope on rock

martell

Rough_Rock

Hey guys,

New to pricescope. I''ve learned quite a bit on diamonds since reading for the last couple of weeks. I''d like to get ya''ll opinion on this rock.

1.36 carets
G VVS2
HCA 1.5
GIA round brilliant
EX EX
Table: 56
Depth: 61.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Crown 35
Girdle is thin to medium faceted 3%

I''m looking at the Idealscope image and comparing it to the reference chart and i''m worried it''s only a very good and not excellent. Should i keep looking?

Here''s the picture.

1119024855 idealscoperesize.jpg

martell

Rough_Rock
Here''s the picture of the actual diamond. On the inclusion chart, there is an "indented natural". Should I be worried about it?

1119024855 pic.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like some slight leakage, depending on the set up, but should not be visible to a person with stereo vision.

martell

Rough_Rock
Thanks alot. I''m looking to propose to my girlfriend soon. I was told that diamond prices are going up and I need to make a decision tomorrow or it''ll be released back into inventory and it''ll be much more. I''m looking at 11,500 on this rock today.

What do you mean by stereovision? I''m thinking you mean that if I look at the diamond with both eyes, ii''ll see just as much light return?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, because the idealscope is monocular scope. Human mind sees with both eyes, if one eye sees bright light return while the other not, we will register it as having bright light return.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your specs? I was going to give you some other options but...sometimes that just confuses people or complicates matters
when you already think your''re close to done.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Martell

It looks like a good diamond, optical symmetry ( arrow patterning) looks good and if there is any leakage I doubt you would see it with the naked eye.

martell

Rough_Rock
Thanks allot guys. Should I be concerned with the indented natural on this rock? Any pertinent questions I need to ask the seller? Again appreciate all the help.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
should not be a problem with a VVS2 clarity grade.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 10:57:59 AM
Author: martell
Thanks allot guys. Should I be concerned with the indented natural on this rock? Any pertinent questions I need to ask the seller? Again appreciate all the help.
It shouldn''t be an issue but its best to check with the seller or an appraiser.

martell

Rough_Rock
On the loupe picture, there''s the slightly grey ring on the table. Can this be caused by a deeper PA or is that just the way the picture is taken? I read on the HCA tutorial page that slightly deeper PA and steeper CA can cause a dark circle on the table. Is this what it''s talking about?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results