shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you wearing (or did you wear) a blusher?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I am debating the whole blusher thing for my wedding.

To be honest, I'm not a fan. It makes me feel like a beekeeper. lol
3.gif

Plus, I should clarify, the "typical bride" thing is not something I am going for with the huge ball gown, tiara on top with the veil spilling out the top, blusher included like many weddings I have been to. Only reason I bring it up is to depict the look I am going for. I am going for a more romantic look. My gown is all lace, trumpet style, with a jeweled belt. I plan on wearing a jeweled brooch or flower in my hair, with a laced trimmed long cathedral length veil falling from my bun, NOT the top of my head. I like the idea of my face being seen. Everyone I talk to seems to think this is so odd for me not to have one, but I've seen plenty of women choose not to have one.

However, I can appreciate the "tradition" with the blusher (Or as my sister said, its what says "bride"). My mom is giving me a hard time saying "you have to wear one!" and that my dad NEEDS to pull it back before he kisses me. I understand the sentiment, and am torn between keeping a nice tradition/doing something that my dad probably expects, or feeling comfortable and looking the way I want to.

What did you ladies do? Did you have one? Or did you do without?

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I bought my veil recently,and it doesn''t have a blusher.I just decided it''s not a look I wanted.

You should do whatever makes you comfortable.You can always get one and they day of if your not feeling it.You can ditch it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I didn''t wear one. I was worried my dad wouldn''t be able to flip it up without messing up my hair or something, lol.
3.gif
So I skipped it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m not wearing one. It just wasn''t the type of veil that looked best on me. I''m wearing a mantilla of sorts.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I wore a plain cut edge cathedral length veil and a plain cut edge blusher alll attached with a beaded comb. I went back and forth re the blusher, but in the end I was glad I wore it and it looked awesome. With a tiara I would probably skip it, but that''s just my preference.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have not picked out my veil yet, but I have no plans for a blusher. Blushers are not really my style.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
No blusher, or veil, here. Not my style. Nor did it fit the vibe of our wedding. I was not a traditional bride for most part though (no aisle, no one *giving me away* and so on). I did not like idea of being veiled. Just not for me.

I did not get any flack - and would of given a side eye to anyone who did give some - ha!

And let us be honest...there was nothing blushing about me! I was not a virgin moving out of her parents to her new husbands for the first time, ha!

Just my thoughts but I think you need to do what fits for *you*, whether that means a blusher or not.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add that you will still be a *bride* without a blusher - no one will get confused! You would be a bride even if you wore coveralls! It is not like every bride needs a certain uniform to *be* a bride! After all, all brides are different and can make their *own* tradition.

Your sister can wear a blusher for *her* wedding if she feels it is required to "make a bride". Does not mean you need to.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I did not have a separate blusher, but my veil did go over my face and then flipped back by my dad. It was sheer and all one piece of tulle, so it was very simple and you could still see my face through it. I think you should do whatever you want and not worry about whether it is expected or not. I personally don''t get why someone would wear a long tulle veil that didn''t go over their face at some point simply because I''m not sure what the point would be other than it being a fake veil, but hey, it doesn''t matter if I get it or not! Nobody is going to judge you one way or the other.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I just re-read your whole post and wanted to add that your dress and look sound very similar to my dress - it was an all lace fit and flare. I think I am the only one of my good friends who wore the veil over my face, but I really don't remember.

My veil is a long piece of tulle lined with lace. It was actually my mother's veil. Originally, it was a cathedral length veil attached to some sort of cap with beading and then another separate blusher attached to the cap... waaaay too fussy for me! She let me use the lace and tulle and transform it into something that fit me. I think the style is called a drop veil.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
haha - i read through most of that post thinking you were debating whether or not to wear blush on your cheeks
9.gif

do you know from the weddings ive been to i would say blushers arent very common so id go with your gut instinct
21.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think the veil should say "bride" enough. I haven''t bought my veil yet but I will not be doing a blusher.

I think you''d be fine doing the veil that falls out of your bun and no blusher. Do you have pics of your dress you can show us?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 5:23:04 PM
Author:NakedFinger
I am debating the whole blusher thing for my wedding.

To be honest, I''m not a fan. It makes me feel like a beekeeper. lol
3.gif

Plus, I should clarify, the ''typical bride'' thing is not something I am going for with the huge ball gown, tiara on top with the veil spilling out the top, blusher included like many weddings I have been to. Only reason I bring it up is to depict the look I am going for. I am going for a more romantic look. My gown is all lace, trumpet style, with a jeweled belt. I plan on wearing a jeweled brooch or flower in my hair, with a laced trimmed long cathedral length veil falling from my bun, NOT the top of my head. I like the idea of my face being seen. Everyone I talk to seems to think this is so odd for me not to have one, but I''ve seen plenty of women choose not to have one.

However, I can appreciate the ''tradition'' with the blusher (Or as my sister said, its what says ''bride''). My mom is giving me a hard time saying ''you have to wear one!'' and that my dad NEEDS to pull it back before he kisses me. I understand the sentiment, and am torn between keeping a nice tradition/doing something that my dad probably expects, or feeling comfortable and looking the way I want to.

What did you ladies do? Did you have one? Or did you do without?

I have yet to see a single one of my friends get married with a blusher. I didn''t have one either. I don''t think it is required for one to be bridal.

Sooo... are you going to tell us about your gown?
9.gif
You had a thread a while back about a gown you had put a deposit down at Kleinfeld that was gorgeous, but it was duchess satin! I am curious about what you switched to since you said the one you''re wearing is lace.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I plan to wear a blusher with my cathedral length veil. I was on the fence, but figured it would add a little more drama to my ceremony entrance and my mother really wanted me to wear it. She''s fine either way, but I thought about it and in the grand scheme of things, it''s not that big of a deal for me to please her with this request. For all that my parents have done for me, I put my personal desire aside and have decided to make her happy. (Not in any way saying you should do the same). This is just one of the things that led to my decision to wear a blusher. Also, it doesn''t bother me to wear it, so I suppose it''s not a huge sacrifice.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t have one. My hair was pulled half back, with the veil where the barrette would be.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have a blusher. I wore a bubble veil that really didn''t need the blusher. Personally, I''m not a fan of veils coming out under hair, just seems strange to me. However, it is your wedding and your style so don''t let "tradition" get in the way if that isn''t what you want.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t wear a veil at all and was told numerous times that I should. Nobody seemed to care at my wedding.

I guess that answers the question about whether I would do what I want or follow tradition.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
No blusher or traditional veil for me. I did buy a birdcage veil that looked really cute with my dress, and I''m debating whether to wear that. I see very few brides wearing blushers these days. Totally a matter of preference.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 1:08:34 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I didn''t have a blusher. I wore a bubble veil that really didn''t need the blusher. Personally, I''m not a fan of veils coming out under hair, just seems strange to me. However, it is your wedding and your style so don''t let ''tradition'' get in the way if that isn''t what you want.

Ditto to both points. I surprised myself and ended up with a veil, but wearing a blusher never even crossed my mind.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I will be wearing one, albeit a little grumpily. I don''t think it works will my dress, but it is an important aspect of the Jewish tradition of bedeken, where the groom actually checks to make sure it is his bride and then he brings the blusher down. I may try to see if I can modify a birdcage instead.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I will happily be wearing a blusher when the time comes. And I''ll be keeping it on through the ceremony, until my groom is lifts it up before giving me a kiss.
31.gif
But to each her own; vive la difference!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I am doing it, basically because the longer veil is too much to futz with during the bedeken (groom peeks under the veil at bride to ensure bride is the right bride -- hearkens back to Jacob/Leah/Rachel).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results