shape
carat
color
clarity

need help from any north/central NJ residents....

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I need recommendations for a bridal shower location. If it were me planning it, I could think of a million places, but I am trying to be understanding that everyone''s financial situation is different, and what I may think is a reasonable price per person to pay, isnt to everyone else. My girls realize that I have "picky" tastes, but based on their budget the types of places they are finding are far from what would be fitting.

Any ideas? I am looking for a classy/elegant location, they would probably do brunch. Any suggestions are welcome!

THANKS!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A brunch? There are a couple lovely places in Redbank. Call a nice hotel and ask them for a recommendation. Molly Pitcher Inn is great. They could do an Afternoon Tea there.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 12:14:36 PM
Author:NakedFinger
I need recommendations for a bridal shower location. If it were me planning it, I could think of a million places, but I am trying to be understanding that everyone''s financial situation is different, and what I may think is a reasonable price per person to pay, isnt to everyone else. My girls realize that I have ''picky'' tastes, but based on their budget the types of places they are finding are far from what would be fitting.

Any ideas? I am looking for a classy/elegant location, they would probably do brunch. Any suggestions are welcome!

THANKS!
6.gif
So are you going to kick in some money?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Is doing a shower at someone''s home in their garden or something totally out of the question? Isn''t the shower more about showering you with well wishes for a happy and healthy marriage than showing off? To me, saying that whats in their budget just won''t "be fitting," says that you care an awful lot about what sort of impression the guests of the shower get of you. If I were in your shoes, I would sit back and let them do what they can afford the best way they can. If you want a fancy place, offer to take money from your wedding budget to pay for it. This is what my friend did for her shower. She wanted a certain look and feel that we couldn''t afford. It worked out fine and I think she really appreciated all of the thought we put into it and special details we came up with for her shower.

To help answer your question, how far south is too south as far as "central" NJ is concerned?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about the place near Franklin Lakes that the RHONJ folks own?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Winelover- No i'm not saying that their budget isn't good enough so I am chipping in, I'm saying their budget is unfortunately limiting their options. And they have said themselves that they havent found anything that's "me" that they can afford. That's why I decided to post this to see if I could get any reasonably priced recommendations from others.

Claritek- I actually REALLY wanted it at my grandmothers estate, but parking is proving to be an issue. Also, it turns out by the time you get all the rentals like a tent, chair/table rentals, linens, etc and the caterer, its actually ending up more expensive than it would be to just do it at a restaurant. And I never said I am trying to show off. I am just picky. Its an occupational hazard from being in event planning. I dont want to be stressing out and needed to handle things the day of my shower. I also want my mom and BM's to be able to enjoy themselves, and not need to be handling problems. Regarding location, I would say nothing south of New Brunswick, nj.

Hudson- Its The Brownstone. I actually checked there already because they have a beautiful conservatory which would be adorable for a shower. But they are completely booked
8.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Just curious - why are you concerning yourself with your shower? I''ve never heard of a bride being involved in the planning other than providing a guest list. If I were you, I would make it clear that you are gracious they are throwing you a shower and tell them you will be happy with whatever location they pick and what they decide to do. Like you said, if you were planning it, you might do it differently, but you''re not.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:42:56 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Winelover- No i''m not saying that their budget isn''t good enough so I am chipping in, I''m saying their budget is unfortunately limiting their options. And they have said themselves that they havent found anything that''s ''me'' that they can afford. That''s why I decided to post this to see if I could get any reasonably priced recommendations from others.

Claritek- I actually REALLY wanted it at my grandmothers estate, but parking is proving to be an issue. Also, it turns out by the time you get all the rentals like a tent, chair/table rentals, linens, etc and the caterer, its actually ending up more expensive than it would be to just do it at a restaurant. And I never said I am trying to show off. I am just picky. Its an occupational hazard from being in event planning. I dont want to be stressing out and needed to handle things the day of my shower. I also want my mom and BM''s to be able to enjoy themselves, and not need to be handling problems. Regarding location, I would say nothing south of New Brunswick, nj.

Hudson- Its The Brownstone. I actually checked there already because they have a beautiful conservatory which would be adorable for a shower. But they are completely booked
8.gif
I get you on the occupational hazard thing. That makes sense. Thanks for elaborating. I suppose what I was trying to stress is that its the sentiment and thought involved, not the material stuff, that matters about the shower. I think it was TGal who recently started a thread about a friend who wanted a second baby shower and was being really specific and almost demanding about what she wanted. A certain caliber of location, flowers, even specifying table coverings! Once TGal sort of brought up the budget issue and whatnot, the friend said that all she really wanted was a nice afternoon with her girlfriends to celebrate the upcoming birth of her second child. I was tickled to see her come around to that and stop demanding certain things.

Well, I guess my suggestions won''t work as far as a place to look. My DH is from, what he refers to as, south Jersey. But on a map I would consider it central/south central Jersey. Hes too far south for you though! Sorry I can''t be useful.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Yes, but event planner or not, this is not her event to plan. The wedding is the event she gets to plan.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:28:17 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
What about the place near Franklin Lakes that the RHONJ folks own?
Hehe, that''s what I was going to suggest--that''s where we had my shower and my rehearsal dinner...their prices and food are really excellent...

There''s a place called Portobello in Oakland where I had my parents'' 40th anniversary party a few years ago--I know they have renovated and moved into a new building, but I always liked their food, and their prices used to be pretty good. Portobello Restaurant

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I've got some suggestions in Monmouth and Ocean County - but I think that's too far south for you, yes? What about something in Hoboken?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:54:14 PM
Author: monkeyprincess
Just curious - why are you concerning yourself with your shower? I''ve never heard of a bride being involved in the planning other than providing a guest list. If I were you, I would make it clear that you are gracious they are throwing you a shower and tell them you will be happy with whatever location they pick and what they decide to do. Like you said, if you were planning it, you might do it differently, but you''re not.

The girls asked me to get involved. They know that I have connections certain vendors, and negotiating tactics, etc that they knew it would be more beneficial to have me involved. They all know me well enough to know what I like, its a matter of executing things in the most cost effective way.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Varka, Ramsey NJ (they shot the RHONJ here)
Ramsey Golf and country club/ the abbey- ramsey nj.. grew up here and they have beautiful gardens
Savini-Allendale... been to a shower here actually and it was very nice
The Hermitage in Waldwick (been to a shower here and it is beautiful)
the womens club in ridgewood.
the saddle river inn.-saddle river... been to a small wedding here and it was beautiful
the stony hill inn- hackensack

good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results