color
clarity

Cab Update

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Those cabs are fabs!

Great colors and shapes. There is just something about cabs, they are so different from faceted stones in a really basic way, they appeal to my lizard brain: WANT CABS NOW! Lol.

Great summertime colors, love that garnet (?) one in there for rich contrast.

You can''t go wrong setting these, I can''t wait to see the completed project. Keep us informed, please.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 3:57:27 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Those cabs are fabs!

Great colors and shapes. There is just something about cabs, they are so different from faceted stones in a really basic way, they appeal to my lizard brain: WANT CABS NOW! Lol.

Great summertime colors, love that garnet (?) one in there for rich contrast.

You can''t go wrong setting these, I can''t wait to see the completed project. Keep us informed, please.
Thanks StonieGrl! I love cabs too, I think I''m addicted to them!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another cab fan here.
1.gif
Love those blues, greens and purples together. Just gorgeous, and the rings together will be stunning.
36.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl! It''s my favorite color combo. :)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I love different coloured blues and greens together. They are going to look awesome BG.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice cabs!

mz

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Burberry,
I love these colours and shapes together, they are all very lovely cabs and will make a great set!

Will this be simple stacking rings in silver? Or do you plan to mix metals / embellish them at all..?
I really like different textures of metals with cabs, so maybe you could have the shank with a sand-blasted appearance or something..

Either way, great going on the lovely cabs and can''t wait to see the results
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yummy looking I can almost taste them!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 9:05:22 PM
Author: Gailey
I love different coloured blues and greens together. They are going to look awesome BG.
Thanks Gailey! I''m really excited about this project.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 5:47:21 AM
Author: arjunajane
Burberry,
I love these colours and shapes together, they are all very lovely cabs and will make a great set!

Will this be simple stacking rings in silver? Or do you plan to mix metals / embellish them at all..?
I really like different textures of metals with cabs, so maybe you could have the shank with a sand-blasted appearance or something..

36.gif
Thank you AJ! These are going to be set in gold, probably white gold but I''m not sure yet. Originally I was thinking that I wanted the setting to be really simple, mixing them up and making them each different could be cool too. I''m sure Julia will come up with some great ideas. This project is a little special because it''s going to be a present from my mom for my 20th B-day.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 8:21:19 AM
Author: Chrono
So yummy looking I can almost taste them!
Lol, I know what you mean!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Glad you have all the stones now. Hope the design process goes well.
21.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 12:51:12 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Very nice! Glad you have all the stones now. Hope the design process goes well.
21.gif
Thank you! :)

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 12:49:10 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

Burberry,

36.gif
Thank you AJ! These are going to be set in gold, probably white gold but I''m not sure yet. Originally I was thinking that I wanted the setting to be really simple, mixing them up and making them each different could be cool too. I''m sure Julia will come up with some great ideas. This project is a little special because it''s going to be a present from my mom for my 20th B-day.

If you haven''t decided on the metal, may I suggest brushed yellow (or white) gold, as it will give a more muted & subtle look.
I really love your cabs - they are gorgeous!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:23:11 PM
Author: virgoruby

Date: 5/3/2010 12:49:10 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

Burberry,

36.gif

If you haven''t decided on the metal, may I suggest brushed yellow (or white) gold, as it will give a more muted & subtle look.
I really love your cabs - they are gorgeous!
Thanks VR, that''s a great idea. I do like texture, I love the stack rings my dad helped design for my mom years ago. I was thinking about either going super simple or doing a version of my mom''s rings. Here''s a picture:

StackringsRubyEm.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your mother''s rings are so unique and beautiful!
Whatever you decide - whether it''s a more intricate design or a simpler one - I''m sure your rings will be fantastic. Good luck & enjoy the process of having your rings custom made.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The colors certainly look good as a set
36.gif

There purple cab is much rounder and larger, do you plan to stack the 3 together at most time?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 2:55:22 AM
Author: virgoruby
Wow, your mother''s rings are so unique and beautiful!
Whatever you decide - whether it''s a more intricate design or a simpler one - I''m sure your rings will be fantastic. Good luck & enjoy the process of having your rings custom made.
Thank you VR! :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 3:38:19 AM
Author: chictomato
The colors certainly look good as a set
36.gif

There purple cab is much rounder and larger, do you plan to stack the 3 together at most time?
Thank you. No, I probably won''t always wear them together as a set. I''d like to be able to have some of my faceted stones set in the future so I''m able to mix and match cabs and faceted gemstone rings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the colour combo. They look fantastic together. I can''t wait to see the finished result.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:47:45 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I adore the colour combo. They look fantastic together. I can''t wait to see the finished result.
Thank you! :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have another cab update, I bought more green cabs. I should get them next week. :)

Burberry BB Tourmaline Pair.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results