carat
color
clarity

HEY MAY BRIDES!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Are you ready?????
9.gif

Our marriage month is one day away! Who''s flipping out?
32.gif

Who''s cool as a cucumber?
10.gif

Who''s excited as all heck?
9.gif

Who''s not really sure what the hell is going on?
25.gif

I''m starting to get a little nervous...we are having our wedding at a non-traditional sort of venue, and my biggest worry is that I just want everything to fall into place. The only thing keeping me from totally having a heart attack is that I have total trust and confidence in my vendors.

So fill me in! How are we all doing?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
05/01/10 - DiamondsforDee, shimz, blueroses
Okay, so you guys are actually one DAY from now...Good luck!!!

05/06/10 - pancake
05/08/10 - minx714
One week to go!

05/10/10 - Rock_of_love
10 Days!

05/15/10 - M&Ms, VictoriaEremita, jcarlylew, ArtistJess
two weeks!

05/21/10 - NuggetBrain
05/22/10 - CNYHopeful, Miya03, brown_eyes, beadchick
05/23/10 - rosebud10
Three Weeks!

05/26/10 - Naty H&A (ceremony)
05/28/10 - Naty H&A (reception)
05/29/10 - PrincessMiaPuff, sammyj, girlface, Squirrly
05/30/10 - booswim542, gwendolyn (USA wedding)
Four weeks!!!!

I know I probably sound like an absurd person, but, well, I AM! I''m so excited!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girlface, i just saw your post at a moment that i was lying in bed, looking at the ceiling and trying not to freak out!!! My fiance'' is still abroad (five year long distance relationship
32.gif
) and so is his entire family, so the responsibility of the wedding planning and organization was left entirely on me and my family. So far i''ve managed to take care of most things, but there''s still a lot to be done until the lsat minute. The dj hasn''t replied to my e mails yet, the final fitting for the wedding gown that i''ll be wearing at the reception is next Friday (
32.gif
), the final fitting for the wedding gown that i''ll be wearing at the ceremony is tommorow, the dresses for the flower girls aren''t ready yet, i haven''t made the final list of the guests and the sitting, because there are still many who haven''t confirmed, even though they should have all answered until yesterday (it was specifically written in the invitations
14.gif
).
In general, i''m having mini panic attacks every day...I''m afraid that i''ll be very nervous even on the wedding day and i won''t enjoy anything
15.gif
How are you guys doing? Anybody as nervous and stressed out as i am?
33.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Aw Naty, you must be SO STRESSED! But just know, it will all fall into place. You kind of have to just let go of the worry and just go with that blind faith...I know, easier said than done!

I''m having some of the same concerns; I want everything donerightnowrightawaylikeyesterday, and I just try to keep reminding myself that my vendors are busy with other weddings and events right now, and they will be ignoring somebody else during the week or so leading up to my wedding.

I hope everything goes well for you, and your wedding is smooth as silk!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

I have a week to go! Let's see...I changed my flowers yesterday. I changed my dress last week (!). Because I changed my dress I had to buy new shoes. I don't have a clutch yet.

BUT I am really excited and happy!

We are actually travelling in Europe at the moment (we're both Australian) - basically we got engaged a few weeks before we left for our big trip and we've now been on the road for 7 weeks. It was a whirlwind decision to get married whilst away, and our acquisitions for the big day kind of tell their own international trip (and, besides the diamond for the e-ring, leave a trail that shows many of the places we've been!) - diamond from NY, rings from Melbourne, original dress and jewellery from Melbourne; original shoes from Singapore; groom's shoes from Barcelona; new dress from St Tropez; new shoes from Cannes; groom's suit from Cannes...still to do: bride's purse, groom's belt and some minor alterations in Milan!

I can't wait to get married. I used to think I didn't want to, but somehow that all changed when I found the right person!

ETA: as you can see we're rushed and disorganised...thank goodness for our Italian wedding planner and her team, they are absolute gems!

les12

Shiny_Rock
Yayyy-- I''m one week from tomorrow:) I''m excited and a little stressed. Mostly I am worried about weather conditions and also parking difficulties. The reception venue is downtown and there''s an event downtown the same night which is sure to eat up lots of parking spaces! Oh well, nothing really can be done about that. I think everything else is falling into place. I don''t have a coordinator and I''m a little nervous about figuring out what to do when and how, etc. and I have to make a wedding day itinerary also. And programs. But woohooo I''m soooo ready to be married!!!!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
GF- cool as a cucumber here so far.. but i have a feeling i''m going to LOSE IT the day of. i''m probably going to need a paper bag to breathe into.

still super excited! of course df is (as always) super chill.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I''m super excited! We still have to figure out the limo thing (and if we don''t figure it out we can drive, who cares!) I also have to get my dress steamed and schedule photos the week before the wedding.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
my shoes arrived today. i am sooo ready for this shindig now!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2010 4:30:57 PM
Author: girlface
Aw Naty, you must be SO STRESSED! But just know, it will all fall into place. You kind of have to just let go of the worry and just go with that blind faith...I know, easier said than done!

I''m having some of the same concerns; I want everything donerightnowrightawaylikeyesterday, and I just try to keep reminding myself that my vendors are busy with other weddings and events right now, and they will be ignoring somebody else during the week or so leading up to my wedding.

I hope everything goes well for you, and your wedding is smooth as silk!
Girlface: My fiance is telling me that i need to...Chill-ax !!!
9.gif
You''re right about the fact that eventually everything will fall into place...i just need to maintain my sanity until it does
19.gif
!!!
I''m super excited about the wedding though
30.gif
OMG, it''s so close now
36.gif

Does anyone else have any concerns about how the bridal shoes are going to feel after hours of walking, standing, dancing? I''m really worried about that
14.gif

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Sunday May 16th for me!!! Eeeeeek!
32.gif

I can''t believe it. I don''t know where April went! It flew. I''m hoping that the first two weeks of May don''t fly so quickly. I really want to enjoy these last 2 weeks prior to the wedding and savour these exciting days leading up.

We''re pretty well ready. I have a bunch of thank-you''s to write already and I want them done so I don''t have that hanging over my head whilest on my honeymoon.

--Spoke to the DJ last night... all is ready.

-- made the final visit to the venue on Monday and they are all set. Although I WILL call them on the Friday before to remind our coordinator to remind the kitchen staff to take EXTREME EXTRA CARE about cross contamination of prep utensils of shellfish -- we have a guest with severe anaphylactic allergies to shrimp, scallops, etc.

-- need to visit the florist because I want to "tweak" my bouquet a little bit. It was mostly to be ivory roses and ivory peonies, but since my shoes are deep eggplant in colour, I decided I want a teeny-tiny little hint of deep eggplant incorporated into my bouquet

-- need to pick up the little outfits for my grandsons

-- need to do all the men''s haircuts (sons, hubby, FIL, etc) the Friday before (I''m a hairstylist) I''ve told them all what time to be at the house and I''m literally going to line them up and in and out and in and out and get them all tidied up

--confirmed with the bakery about the cake and set up. Because our wedding is on a Sunday I was shocked to find that a lot of businesses still aren''t ''used'' to Sunday weddings. Cake, flowers, etc have been a little bit of a headache because of this, and I don''t want any glitches.

-- I need to steam my dress

-- Tuesday next week I am doing my make-up trial. Already did my false eyelash trial... I''ve never worn them and didn''t want my wedding day to be the day I learn I am allergic to eyelash glue!

-- we still haven''t decided whether to go with a limo or to use my future FIL''s 1927 Model T Ford to arrive and leave in. Hubs and I are traveling to the wedding together. The Model T is so beautiful and unique, however those old cars don''t travel at today''s speeds, so the trip to and from the venue would take almost twice as long! Although we might enjoy having some quiet time together before the ceremony. We have time to decide... hubs owns a limo company, so we can decide right at the last minute to go with a limo if we want.

I think that''s it... but it probably isn''t. Aaarrrgggghhh!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
3 weeks from tomorrow! I'm actually extremely calm and just know that everything will fall into place. My mom is the one freaking out about things we can't control (like whether it will be windy or not and how many uninvited children will be attending). I am spending most of my time trying to keep her calm, and the rest of it doing small things here and there. I should probably be freaking out about something, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some small details here or there, but if I am it will get taken care of or no one will notice. That's my attitude about the rest of the to do list!
9.gif

All smiles here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results