shape
carat
color
clarity

Day of timeline

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Care to share yours? How did you come up with it? What did you include? The timeline would be for day of wedding.

Former brides, how did it work out? Of course, there is variation per every wedding, but I'm trying to get a sense for the 'flow' of a timeline.

I'm really trying to be very flexible with a timeline, but wanted to gain some perspective on what to include/how it went/etc.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mean on the actual day? Or a wedding planning timeline?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Actual wedding day...sorry if that wasn''t clear
16.gif

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, ok!

Well, mine is pretty simple... we are eloping overseas (next week) and have had an on-site planner do everything for us! I got the "running sheet" last week!

Our ceremony is at 5pm. In the morning we thought we might have a massage and just relax. We have nothing specifically wedding-related until hair/makeup starts at 2pm. Flowers arrive at 3. Photographers (2 of them for 2 of us - excessive, I know!) arrive at 4. My partner leaves for the venue at 4.30. I leave for the venue at 4:45. Ceremony will be short - 5-5:30.

Then we have 2 hours of photos before we head to our ridiculous 7 course meal at 7:30. Photography service ends at 8.

But ours is not the most orthodox weddings so maybe this isn't what you're after? Sorry not to be more helpful!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hi there!
here''s my timeline. it was based off of a discussion with the photographer. i guess he''s the one who determined everything since we are doing a first look and needed to be done for a pre-wedding ketubah signing by 6:45. I also had to ask the hair/makeup people how long it takes to get 9 girls hair done and 5 girls'' makeup done. so here''s how it looks.

11a - hairstylist comes to hotel
12p -makeup artist comes to hotel
11-3:15 - all of us get hair/makeup
2:15 - photographer arrives (videographer too, though we haven''t discussed with them yet)
3:15- head to venue (bridal party and close fam)
3:30-4:00 - get dressed
3:45 - FI gets to venue (with the boys and his fam)
4:00-4:15 - FI and my first look and photos
4:15-5:15pm - Family formal shots/bridal party shots
5:15-6:15 - FI and me portraits
6:30-7:15 ketubah and rehearsal
7:30 - ceremony!
8 - cocktail hour
9-1a - reception

when we crafted this, we left some flexibility in there so things may take a few minutes more or less but this way we won''t stress. plus we''ll have a second photographer catching all the fun moments while the formal shots are taken. that photographer will go to my apartment where fi and his boys will be getting ready but i''m not sure yet when that photog will arrive. i say talk to your photog about it and then confirm your h/mu and it''ll naturally come together! can''t wait to hear what you''ll be doing that same day!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, marlie and pancake
1.gif

We''re doing a first look too, so that helps me to determine a ''flow'' of how the day of will go. Thanks!
1.gif

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Mine is as follows:

11am - 4pm: Hair and Makeup at my parents house (we have one artist for 3 hair and 6 makeups) I plan on relaxing during this time with some snacky lunch food and a good book out on the patio. Fi will arrive at the venue whenever he wants and him and his groomsmen will hang out on my dads boat until it''s time for pics.

4pm: The dress goes on and we head over to the venue (just a few miles away)

4:30-5pm: Girls pics

5pm-5:30: Guys pics

6pm: Ceremony

6:30-7:30: Formals (we will have a 20 min coctail hour and then start serving food around 7 or so. Music during this time will be a quartet playing music you hear on the radio)

7:30: Introduce the bridal party and do the dances (switch to the DJ for this)

8:30: Toasts and Cake Cutting

10:30: Bouquet and Garter toss

11pm: Exit (we will "leave" but really just drive around to take a few night pics on the docks. We''re getting married at a yacht club where I grew up by the way)

I think it will work out pretty well. The actual day most everything will be pretty flexible. We have some overlap in the DJ/Quartet time so we don''t have to worry about running over with pictures, or waiting around for the DJ start time if the pics dont take as long. Also, if we run late with hair and makeup we can switch up the girls and guys taking pics or just skip the guys completely and do theirs after the ceremony. We want to do the girls pics before because we''ll have fresh hair and makeup
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ours was fairly simple.

9:00 - hair and makeup
3:00 - arrive at venue, dress, then drive to photo site
3:30-4:30 - photos
4:45-5:15 - wait for people to arrive before ceremony
5:15 - ceremony
5:30 - cocktail hour
7:00 - dinner and reception

Once we were in the reception, I left it up the djs to figure out timing for stuff. They asked me in what order I'd like to do some things and I had to figure out when to do our pub trivia, but otherwise they ran the show. I didn't have a watch and didn't care
3.gif

The only thing that didn't go according to plan was that our JP was very late (like 30min late) because of super random traffic, so we just pushed everything back.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7am - makeup/hair for the morning Hindu ceremony
9am - morning ceremony begins
11am - morning ceremony ends, lunch begins
1pm - go downtown to start getting ready for the evening ceremony
2pm - makeup/hair
4pm - formal photography
6pm - evening Jewish ceremony starts
6:30pm - cocktail hour starts
7:30-11:30 - reception

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
9am - Mom and girls over to my hotel suite for breakfast and relaxing
11:30: hair and makeup starts at hotel
12:30: photographer arrives. This is when I''ll have hair/makeup done.
1:30: put on dress
2:00: Limo with my dad arrives at hotel; drive to church
Between 2:15-5pm: variety of pics with family, bridal party, etc at both church and country club. The limo is bringing us to/from. I''ll spare you the minute by minute breakdown unless you want it
31.gif

5:00: guests start arriving
5:30: ceremony starts
6:15: cocktail hour begins at country club (bridal party drink champagne in limo!!)
7:00: bridal party arrives at reception
11:00: reception ends

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
We''re having a very small wedding so I''m not sure if this will help you:

9:30 hair & makeup
10:30/11:00 super informal lunch at our house
11:45/12:00 dress/shoes/jewelry
12:30 leaving for the ceremony site
1:00/1:15 arrive at ceremony site, take a few pictures with the family/around the gardens
2:00 ceremony
2:30 more pictures around the garden including family pics (we''re having a pre-wedding photo session the week before the wedding too)
3:30 leave the ceremony site for the reception (at home)
5:30 everyone reconvenes at our house for food & cake

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was ridiculously detailed. Like a 2 1/2 page word document. The venue''s event manager wanted to know which vendors were showing up when to make deliveries. My caterer wanted to know when to have certain things ready. My DJ wanted to know when to make certain announcements and play certain songs. Bridal party wanted to know when/where to be for getting ready and photos. I made one master copy, and gave it to everyone, including the photographer (who was grateful, because he didn''t have to worry about not being in the room to snap key photos like speeches, first dance, cake cutting, etc.).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results