shape
carat
color
clarity

Palladium vs. Stainless Steel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ya''ll!
35.gif

So, the summer months are quickly approaching, and DH and I are pretty active in the summer. I want to purchase a plain band to wear during summer activities (mostly running, hiking, etc). I wore my wedding band/e-ring(18k gold) last summer and I developed a little rash, so I want something that''s sensative-skin friendly.

I was thinking palladium or stainless steel. Stainless steel is much less expensive, but would palladium boast any benefits? Any other metals I should be looking into? FWIW, I''m looking for a 2-3mm band.

Thanks!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not silver? they make wonderful silvers these days that don''t tarnish on the skin.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go for the stainless steel! Or, alternately titanium. Palladium is a beautiful metal, but from what I hear it displaces even more easily than platinum. If you want a band for active sports that won''t look scuffed immediately, I''d go with a different metal ....

P.S. - A sort of random plug: isn''t this titanium mokume gane stuff lovely?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
circe, that ring is sooo cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results