shape
carat
color
clarity

The Big DIY Bathroom Renovation- Picture Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely incredible!! We did a home reno number on our kitchen so i know exactly how much hard work goes into the demolition and removal and all the other labouring. You did an amazing job!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Third try is a charm?

headboardupholstered22.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It looks wonderful!!!
36.gif
You must be so thrilled to have that done with!!! I''m doing a bath remodel myself - still have another month or so of work to do, so seeing this just makes me all the more antsy to get it done! The color choices look good - very light and cheery!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks HOT (LOOOOVED your wedding gown, by the way!) and Jo! I do recall that you were asking about bathroom faucets in the last few months Jo. When do you expect to be done?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great job! We are renovating out bathroom now, well DH is. We did the master bath a few years ago. Congrats on a job well done!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks absolutely fantastic, C-tek! I can''t believe it''s all DIY!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dana and Kama!

We had our first round of open houses this weekend and the realtor said she heard a lot of good things about the bathroom. Only one person noted to her that they wished the tub had been refinished (we just cleaned it up with Magic Erasers and moved on with finishing up the reno). I''m glad we put in all the effort. Now we just have to wait for an offer...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 10:56:56 AM
Author: Clairitek
Thanks HOT (LOOOOVED your wedding gown, by the way!) and Jo! I do recall that you were asking about bathroom faucets in the last few months Jo. When do you expect to be done?
I''m really hoping to be done in about 4 weeks. It may be a little longer, just because I''m doing a lot of tile work, and I''m also at the mercy of the cabinet maker. I''m having cabinets custom made, and those may not be done for a few weeks yet. It''s been a LONG process - as I''m sure you can relate to!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow Clairitek, that is amazing!! I am very impressed. Well done you two, that must have taken an awful lot of work. It''s gorgeous!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 9:49:20 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 4/8/2010 11:37:03 AM
Author: radiantquest
Vast improvement. It looks so fresh. That is cool about the time capsule. Makes me want to make one although I have no idea what someone 50 years from now would find interesting.

Side note- My grandmothers house is very old and when we had to knock out a wall we saw that some of the insulation was newspaper. Crazy.
My uncles house is over 150 years old and with most houses that old they used plaster for walls instead of drywall. One day he was hanging something and of course the wall fell apart like they tend to when they are plaster and he kept picking and picking and found that the entire room was rock. He finished taking all the plaster down and it looks so cool. The window sills are big slabs of slate.
I agree. And I am completely loving the Urban Mist color. Wow what an amazing final product, good job!

Re: the time capsule, we put on into the front stairs of my (
39.gif
) last house.. (my ex is an idiot and lost it in foreclosure.. sigh!). ANYWAY.. on another note, when the company who is refurbishing the Old Police Headquarters downtown San Diego started tearing down pieces of wall, they found all sorts of amazing things from the inception, 1937 up to the time they moved out in the late 80''s.. Newspapers from WW II, notes scribbled on the walls.. really neat finds over the history of the historic building. I love stuff like that!
Thanks SDL!

How cool about the stuff in the old PD! We have also found random pieces of newspaper in our attic with grocery store ads from the 1940s. Cans of tuna for a song! There was also an ad for some sort of housewives meeting.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 11:10:18 PM
Author: joflier

Date: 4/9/2010 10:56:56 AM
I''m really hoping to be done in about 4 weeks. It may be a little longer, just because I''m doing a lot of tile work, and I''m also at the mercy of the cabinet maker. I''m having cabinets custom made, and those may not be done for a few weeks yet. It''s been a LONG process - as I''m sure you can relate to!
What kind of tile are you putting down and where is it going? Just floor and shower surround or in other places too?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 3:19:58 AM
Author: Porridge
Wow Clairitek, that is amazing!! I am very impressed. Well done you two, that must have taken an awful lot of work. It''s gorgeous!
Thanks Porridge! Now that its over I don''t know what to do with all of our free time! The house is kept constantly clean now thanks to the fact that we are trying to sell it right now. The work was worth it though. Our realtor said she heard good feedback from people who toured the house this weekend about the bathroom.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek you guys did SUCH a great job! The bathroom looks SO roomy now, and I love the new paint and appliances - way to go!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I am speechless. I cannot believe you did this yourselves! Handy people are amazing to me.

It looks gorgeous--you did a WONDERFUL job!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks B.E.G. and alli_esq!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 3:07:37 PM

What kind of tile are you putting down and where is it going? Just floor and shower surround or in other places too?
I''m tiling around the shower and also the ceiling of the shower - because of the height - to prevent any moisture damage. Also tiling the floors, and doing a tile backspash around the vanity. I''m toying with the idea of doing a tile border along the edge of the floor instead of wood trim. I saw this in another home and it looked very cool. I''m not totally sold on it yet, but we''ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results