shape
carat
color
clarity

AHHH! My center diamond is fake??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Ok, sorry about the title, this is actually a good story! So, I am getting ready to propose in less than 3 weeks now and since I''ve had a few people paw the ring while looking at it (appraiser, grandma, aunt, etc) I wanted to make sure the ring was as clean as it could be before I give it to her, and I placed an order for the Jewel Jet home steam cleaner. Now, I ordered it last week and was supposed to get it delivered sometime this week, but I got an email last night saying they were "now" out of stock and I would have to wait 4-5 weeks til they get more inventory
29.gif
. So I''m pretty bummed and decide to stop by my local Jared because I figured they would give me a quick free cleaning that would give it that extra pop. I walk in and ask the first salesperson who approaches me if they could clean it, while making it clear that I had purchased stuff in the past from them, but not this ring. The guy said no problem and began to casually inspect the ring with his loupe. After a few seconds, he tries to hand it back to me and says "I''m sorry sir, but the center diamond is not a real diamond and we can''t clean this." Well, of course my heart skips a beat but I just looked back at him and said "Oh no, it definitely is. It came with an AGS DQD and I had it independently appraised, it is definitely real, it is just VS1 clarity and Ideal cut." So he looks at it again and says "Well if this is real, it must be of EXTREMELY fine make..." and I just nodded and he took it back to be cleaned. So, now her new ring is BLINGING and is ready for its big debut in a couple of weeks! Personally, I''m still grinning because the diamond I purchased is so nice that even the Jared''s people are in disbelief!
emteeth.gif

Again, I just want to thank all of AMAZING Ladies and Gents who make up this community! I am glad you guys helped steer me (both directly and indirectly) in the right direction! Special shout outs to Dreamer_D, Lorelei, Stone and everyone else who chimed in!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hilarious... and disturbing at the same time
32.gif
I would have almost pissed myself if someone said that to me! For a second
2.gif

When is the proposal!

And you are welcome for the help... glad you are so happy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeesh niceice, that title is not good for the blood pressure
39.gif

Congrats on a gorgeous stone of extremely fine make
9.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Awesome story!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hilarious. I''m sorry sir, your stone doesn''t resemble our frozen spit in any way: therefore it is a QVC special.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 6:01:38 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hilarious. I''m sorry sir, your stone doesn''t resemble our frozen spit in any way: therefore it is a QVC special.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that had happened to me my heart would have definitely skipped a couple beats!
23.gif
32.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a dumba**. And he works for a jewelry chain? How can he make that judgment without at least diamond testing it?
32.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
people who work at those places have no clue...he''s probably never seen quality diamonds working there
2.gif

OHMYGOD!!! I think my jaw would''ve dropped and I would''ve had the urge to slap him for that comment ... OHMYGOD...
32.gif

niceice21

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! I figured this was a story that only Pricescopers would understand...believe me, for a split second I went cold inside, but like I said, the diamond was verified by an independently certified AGS appraiser who matched the stone to the AGS DQD -Brian Gavin inscription and all- so there is absolutely no way it's fake. Although, after comparing the clean ring to the Peerless stones in house, I can see why he was skeptical...much more sparkle factor (IMHO of course
emwink.gif
).

Edit: Oh, and I'm proposing in the beginning of May while we're on vacation!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 6:20:15 PM
Author: AprilBaby
What a dumba**. And he works for a jewelry chain? How can he make that judgment without at least diamond testing it?
32.gif

If you don't see coal dust and huge gobs of boogers, it must be fake.
9.gif

Really, this does not speak well for their inventory.
38.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nice story. My heart just skipped a beat.. lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story. I would have freaked out for a minute.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
hilarious :) congratulations

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Your story gets a STANDING OVATION! Sounds like your ring already has! Couldn''t be more thrilled for you!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 5:17:42 PM
Author:niceice21
Ok, sorry about the title, this is actually a good story! So, I am getting ready to propose in less than 3 weeks now and since I've had a few people paw the ring while looking at it (appraiser, grandma, aunt, etc) I wanted to make sure the ring was as clean as it could be before I give it to her, and I placed an order for the Jewel Jet home steam cleaner. Now, I ordered it last week and was supposed to get it delivered sometime this week, but I got an email last night saying they were 'now' out of stock and I would have to wait 4-5 weeks til they get more inventory
29.gif
. So I'm pretty bummed and decide to stop by my local Jared because I figured they would give me a quick free cleaning that would give it that extra pop. I walk in and ask the first salesperson who approaches me if they could clean it, while making it clear that I had purchased stuff in the past from them, but not this ring. The guy said no problem and began to casually inspect the ring with his loupe. After a few seconds, he tries to hand it back to me and says 'I'm sorry sir, but the center diamond is not a real diamond and we can't clean this.' Well, of course my heart skips a beat but I just looked back at him and said 'Oh no, it definitely is. It came with an AGS DQD and I had it independently appraised, it is definitely real, it is just VS1 clarity and Ideal cut.' So he looks at it again and says 'Well if this is real, it must be of EXTREMELY fine make...' and I just nodded and he took it back to be cleaned. So, now her new ring is BLINGING and is ready for its big debut in a couple of weeks! Personally, I'm still grinning because the diamond I purchased is so nice that even the Jared's people are in disbelief!
emteeth.gif

Again, I just want to thank all of AMAZING Ladies and Gents who make up this community! I am glad you guys helped steer me (both directly and indirectly) in the right direction! Special shout outs to Dreamer_D, Lorelei, Stone and everyone else who chimed in!
Goodness me!!!!
39.gif
23.gif

You had me going for a moment!!!

So glad you are happy and it was our pleasure to help!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha ha, that is too funny niceice and very sad! I was at my local Walgreens last week and the check out person was gushing over my ring when she gets this really serious look on her face and asks....."did you get it at Jared''s?" I almost burst out laughing. It''s really sad that people now think that Jared''s is the best when in reality.......well you know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results