shape
carat
color
clarity

FedEx complaint, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So last week I ordered something that was shipped FedEx. It was shipped on Wednesday and due to be delivered on Friday. So Friday comes and goes with no delivery from FedEx. I checked the online tracking and was surprised to read "Customer not available or business closed"...funny, my husband, our three kids and myself were home all day. Not only did the FedEx driver not come to knock on our door, they didn't even drive down our street! So I called FedEx, was given some BS and told that it would be back out for delivery on Monday.

So today I was out earlier but home by 2:00. I check the online tracking and see that the package is on the truck and out for delivery, due to be delivered by 7:00pm. So at 6:53pm I decide to look at the online tracking again, and what do I see? "Customer not available or business closed"! It says that the driver attempted to deliver it at 6:05pm, which is not true...my husband and kids were outside playing in the front yard, no FedEx truck came down our street!

So I just wondered if anyone here has any complaint about FedEx that they would like to share?

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
That's weird. I'd try to find out if it's going to the wrong address. I think you can call and ask that FedEx hold it for pickup, too. But I live near a hub, and it's easy for me to drop in to pick up something. Here, there's a customer counter open after hours, like after all the trucks return.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called them on Friday and today as well, they have the correct address. It is very weird! I did ask them to hold it at FedEx since it is only about 10 minutes from my house.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
IS it FEDEX ground? Or Regular FED Ex?

Fed Ex ground doesn't deliver on Friday. At least they don't in my city. I have gotten that odd statement for non delivery too. Oh, and you can't hold for PU a FED Ex ground at regular FedEx hubs, or Fed Ex Kinkos. It can only be held at the main dock (not substations).

That is my BIG complaint with FedEx. They don't tell you all of these crazy points UNTIL you have a problem.

Does any of that apply to your situation, DDana?

Oh, and when you ship UPS, the shipper tells you it is going UPS, well, guess what? On some packages they hand them off to "UPS innovations". Guess who UPS innovations is? THE US POSTAL SERVICE! I can't tell you how many times I have HELD for PICKUP at UPS station, only to learn the post office won't deliver to the customer counter at UPS. ARRRGGH. (but I didn't ship USPS I used UPS, sorry Mame, we did.)

I do think FED EX is now handing off some of their packages ALSO to the USPS. That could be an explanation on your situation.

I feel your pain, honest I do.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that sounds super frustrating! I''m waiting for something in the mail right now too (not Fedex though) and it''s so hard to be patient when something called "Priority Mail" doesn''t show up after a whole week!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fedex does occasionally deliver (or attempt to deliver) to the wrong address. I''ve had it happen to me too.

I also have had some "growing pains " with Fedex ground.

Perry

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Despite their many visits to our house with all my husbands HiFi purchases over the years, when I order from LV they can never find me!!

This happened twice in a month, when I bought myself something and then purchased a gift for my sister in law. After many very frustrating phone calls, the packages were delivered, with no real explanation or apology. I avoid them now where possible.

Ps my husband continues to use them with no issue. So they must just hate delivering handbags to me!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
YES! This has happened to my last 3 packages. The doorman says nobody comes at all. Even if the doorman were busy, there''s a buzzer system where they can contact me directly. My boyfriend works from home and he says they never buzz up either!

The frustrating thing is that they send the package to hold at a depot in a neighbouring town! I live in a large city, but for some reason they won''t leave the package here. They insist on bringing it to this small town that''s a 45 minute drive away. I did find out that I can call and have them transfer the package to an office closer to my home, but it takes several days and that depot is still a 20 minute drive away.

Here I thought it was just our driver being lazy...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
My whole family cringes when we see something is going to be delivered by Fedex insead of UPS.

They are much harder to deal with. Some items go back to a facility nearly one hundred miles away from me, as if they were heavy furniture or something.

I recently ordered a Louis Vuitton Keychain, and instead of being able to pick it up at the Fedex facility in the next town, it was returned each night to a Fedex which was one hundred miles away.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm.. I have the opposite issue, Fedex almost always gets it right but with UPS it''s 50/50 on whether I''ll even see the item.

Sorry you''re having issues, Dana
7.gif

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

I just had a similar problem. I put some letters in my mailbox and returned to the house through my garage. As I closed the garage I heard a heavy truck coming by. I took about i minute to walk through the garage into my kitchen. I heard nothing. I have a small house and when I went toward the front of the house I spotted a strip of paper taped to a small side window by the front door. It was from Fedex to say they couldn''t deliver for signature.

That delivery guy must have knocked and waited 1 minute before he stuck the paper up. I signed it and retaped it for delivery the next day. I got it then because he left it at the door.

This guy didn''t wait or knock a reasonable amount of time. So you see, even if you were home they don''t wait. If you don''t answer in 1 minute they are gone.

Thats awful service. I haven''t complained yet. I''m tired of complaining about everything.
Thanks

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
We do a LOT of shipping at my job and my understanding with FedEx vs. UPS is that UPS drivers are employees (and union members) and are done delivering when they''ve delivered everything on their truck OR it becomes too late to do so (usually 7 or 8 p.m.). FedEx drivers (I''ve been told) are technically independent contractors so they decide the hours and route they will delivery. So, even though FedEx SAYS they will deliver as late as 7:00 p.m., if the driver feels like stopping at 5:30 they can since it is their route. Again, that''s what I was told by our warehouse employees.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Dana, did you finally get your package from FedEx, or is it still in orbit someplace?

Thanks for the dish on FedEx, everyone. I use them for my big boxes, when people want faster than Parcel Post and less expensive than Priority Mail. I never got any complaints from buyers, though. I tracked packages online and all were delivered promptly. But I will definitely watch very closely in the future.

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
My goodnes. My FI is working from home this Friday to be able to recieve the package from the Fed-Ex guy. It is doesn''t come on Friday like it''s supposed to... I''m going to be seriously FED-UP and raise a big fuss
1.gif

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
My I ask the participants in this thread to clarify which FED EX service you are talking about?

What I mean is;

FED EX Ground

Or

FED EX express

Ground would be competitive rates, as UPS say, 1 to 3 pounds under $10 bucks. (this is 2 to 5 days delivery)

Express would be $18 to $27 or so. (this would be faster delivery next day usually.)

If this is considered thread jacking or imposing on Diamond Dana''s post, I apologize. My inquiry is meant to helpful.
2.gif
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results