shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find or custom make sapphire princess earring jackets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
I've got a pair of flower diamond studs that I never wear, mainly b/c I think they are a little "blah". However, I came across this pair of earrings and was thinking if I could get custom made earring jackets, it could be something that I'd wear more often. First, my studs are similar to these...

jgny flower studs.jpg

jgny

Shiny_Rock
These are the earrings I found. Who can make me earring jackets to give me a similar look? Appreciate any leads. Open to pink sapphire and aquamarine as well, h/e I think the blue sapphires are just so classic! I really like the contrast with the princess cut - I think it takes the sophistication up a couple of notches!

jgny sapphire jacket.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 10:38:20 PM
Author: jgny
These are the earrings I found. Who can make me earring jackets to give me a similar look? Appreciate any leads. Open to pink sapphire and aquamarine as well, h/e I think the blue sapphires are just so classic! I really like the contrast with the princess cut - I think it takes the sophistication up a couple of notches!
Depends on your budget and how delicate and refined you want them.
Ocean Pearlman and Leon Mege will be expensive but they truly win the war on minimizing metal and attention to detail with their handmade designs.

BGD, WF, ERD are three CAD/CAM process jewelers and either could create the jackets for you and have a nice quality product. I''ve seen BGD and ERD jackets for solitaires and they looked nice, the BGD ones were more delicate.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t think BGD would make "non-diamond" jackets. Not looking to spend a lot, as I din''t pay that much for the earrings, but it''s a shame to have them sit in the box.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you''ll want to find some sapphire earring jackets that are already made for a round stone? That would sound like a potential cheaper solution.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Yes, except the existing ones I have found are round and look a little cheap and mall store like, and they are all rounds. I did find these just now - they are sterling silver with simulated sapphires - they are only $41! I might buy them if the studs will fit just to check out how it will look. I think eventually I will go the custom route. Keep any suggestions coming!

41XrfJQ3w+L__SS500_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A well made one is going to be expensive unless you go the route of synthetic stones because it is going to be a challenge trying to get perfectly matched natural blue stones of ANY variety in a specialty cut like that. The designer also has to be sure that the stones are well seated next to each other for a seamless look. This is why the round version is easier to find. The cheapo version you linked to has horrible workmanship where the bezel is wavy and off round, but at least they are inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results