shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this ags aset image?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

koaur

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, what do you think about and what can you tell from this ags aset image? This diamond is mounted so the ags aset image had to be taken with it in the setting. I also was unable to get an idealscope image because it is mounted. Thanks!

agsaset.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You can take an IS image when it is mounted if you have one.

The ASET looks really good though!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2010 3:19:28 PM
Author:koaur
Hello everyone, what do you think about and what can you tell from this ags aset image? This diamond is mounted so the ags aset image had to be taken with it in the setting. I also was unable to get an idealscope image because it is mounted. Thanks!
From what I can see it appears to be a good image.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 3:19:28 PM
Author:koaur
You are taking an image of a mounted stone, which means if you have metal underneath the stone from the setting those areas will also show as red no matter what the light return properties of the diamond are. You can see this by viewing the prongs which are all red as well.

What this means is that you can''t accurately interpret any areas where the setting metal is beneath the diamond pavillion, only the parts of the diamond where the pavillion is open. If possible put a piece of white paper beneath the ring in between the pavillion of the diamond and the setting that may help give you a more accurate image. But overall I''d say an idealscope will be more helpful and neither will be as precise as images of an unset stone.

ct-appr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ditto, very nice.

koaur

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone! this site has been very helpful in my diamond search for the last few months. I proposed this weekend and she said YES! here is a picture:

Ringclose.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty diamond. Congratulations that she said yes.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great, many congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results