shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favourite sweetie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am just home from a late lunch in Glasgow. It was at an Italian restaurant we always go to, Di Maggio''s. Anyway, on the way home I knew i had to have smarties!! So I am now about to watch the Spanish football derby game between Barcelona and Real Madrid, with a vodka and coke and a BIG bowl of smarties! lol
21.gif
( chocolate drops in coloured sugar coated shell.

It got me thinking, what is your favourite sweetie?
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Homemade chocolate chip cookies hot out of the oven.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Cupcakes! (Or anything with frosting)
9.gif

disney777

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 2:28:55 PM
Author:susimoo
I am just home from a late lunch in Glasgow. It was at an Italian restaurant we always go to, Di Maggio''s. Anyway, on the way home I knew i had to have smarties!! So I am now about to watch the Spanish football derby game between Barcelona and Real Madrid, with a vodka and coke and a BIG bowl of smarties! lol
21.gif

35.gif
Funny, in the US Smarties are a sugar candy, similar to PEZ. http://www.smarties.com/ While I say to each their own on candy cravings, I thought Smarties was an interesting craving. Especially a bowlful with vodka and coke.

Chocolate smarties sound similar to M&Ms, and I get that!

I often crave peanut M&Ms, or small size Reese''s Peanut Butter cups. I like both of these with hot tea because the chocolate melts in my mouth.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 3:27:30 PM
Author: disney777

21.gif

35.gif

Funny, in the US Smarties are a sugar candy, similar to PEZ. http://www.smarties.com/ While I say to each their own on candy cravings, I thought Smarties was an interesting craving. Especially a bowlful with vodka and coke.

I often crave peanut M&Ms, or small size Reese''s Peanut Butter cups. I like both of these with hot tea because the chocolate melts in my mouth.

Shameful admission. I ate the peanut M & M''s before I started on the smarties. It is saturday! No calories in a saturday, right?
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I like lemon drops and mint chocolate brownies.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my first response was going to be my husband, of course, and then I realized you meant food. D''oh!
9.gif

My absolute favorite would probably be homemade chocolate chip cookies, preferably right out of the oven.

Really though, I don''t discriminate. I love pretty much anything with chocolate.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Smarties aren''t "real" smarties in the U.S.? We have Smarties in Canada. Yes they are like m&ms. I would have to say any good quality chocolate is my favourite.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindt chocolate when I want super sweet chocolate

For cool deserts - Rice dream mint chocolate cookie sandwiches. I was eating one every day trying to ignore that they''re 300 calories each. . .finally decided to break the habit.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock

21.gif

35.gif

You can get smarties in the US. MMMMMMMMM They are different than M&M''s because they are flavored... The colors all taste different. I LOVE THOSE. I also love fruit pastilles. My grandparents are from Ireland so I got spoiled with the yummy european candy at an early age.

3.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of another favorite I can never find, Pear PIM'S cookies.

I see them in raspberry and orange but never pear anymore.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

REALLY? smarties in Canada are the chocolate kind with candy coating.. I thought the OP was being kind of silly for describing them :) Who knew that they weren't the same everywhere !:)

edited: no offense meant susimoo - hope it didn't come across snarky! :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My older sister's chocolate chip cookies-I just finished eating one! She's visiting this weekend and she brought me a giant Zip Lock bag full of them! (She always does!)
18.gif
Her cookies are AMAZING. Don't tell my mom but they're even better than hers!
12.gif

ETA hope you're cheering for Barca, susimoo!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 9:33:18 PM
Author: Maevie

REALLY? smarties in Canada are the chocolate kind with candy coating.. I thought the OP was being kind of silly for describing them :) Who knew that they weren''t the same everywhere !:)

edited: no offense meant susimoo - hope it didn''t come across snarky! :)

No worries!!! It actually made me lol
9.gif

I figured they might vary throughout the many countries other PS''ers live in so I erred on the side of caution. Chocolate love is a serious business, you know!
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that''s a really hard thing to narrow down.. there are so many great sweeties..

I do LOVE my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven though - one of the best things ever.. and the batter is delicious too!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 5:37:29 AM
Author: susimoo

REALLY? smarties in Canada are the chocolate kind with candy coating.. I thought the OP was being kind of silly for describing them :) Who knew that they weren''t the same everywhere !:)

9.gif

I figured they might vary throughout the many countries other PS''ers live in so I erred on the side of caution. Chocolate love is a serious business, you know!
2.gif

What the US calls Smarties, Canadians call Rockets. Are they known as Rockets in the UK too?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
jellybeans!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
butterfingers or twix bars...but i don''t indulge too often.

or a blizzard from DQ...
18.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 11:03:12 AM
Author: Galateia
Date: 4/11/2010 5:37:29 AM

Author: susimoo

9.gif

2.gif

What the US calls Smarties, Canadians call Rockets. Are they known as Rockets in the UK too?

Unfortunately we don''t have them here.
38.gif

They look a bit like refreshers, but they are kind of fizzy, so not sure! We need an expert in both british and american candy to come in and verify this situation!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results