shape
carat
color
clarity

Homemade Baby Food

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before. I am not active on the newborn thread, so I thought i would start a new one.

My baby is about 4.5 months old, and we are starting to think about introducing solids soon. I have been reading a little about homemade baby food and it seems super easy. Does anyone have any personal experience? Is it really as easy as it seems? What are the benefits you see?

Also, do you have any resources to recommend? TIA!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t exclusively make our own baby food, but one thing that helped us was one of those "slap chop" things that you can obliterate food with. We did that instead of many of the 2nd and 3rd foods. We put so much stuff in there - fruits, veggies and even meats and DS ate it right up. Good luck starting solids!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of folks around here have used this site:

http://wholesomebabyfood.com/

I homemade Amelia''s food. She hated my cooking.
40.gif

I used the Beaba Babycook I got as a gift. Cook gadget but totally unnecessary. Just use a steamer and a food processor (or blender, or handmixer even, I think!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and yes, it''s totally easy. Benefits? You know what is going in it. Jarred food is perfectly find, but it skeeved me out a bit.

Make big batches and freeze in ice cube trays (I hear silicone ones work better, as I used the old school stuff and it''s hard to get out sometimes). They keep for a couple of months.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
MIL makes DD all kinds of food. I never asked her to but I''m really lucky and grateful that she does. I keep mentioning that it''ll be easier on her if she freezes it but she wants to give her "fresh" food
emotion-18.gif

Anyway, for lunch almost every day DD gets meat with veggies puree. She cooks up the chicken and veggies together and then purees it. DD LOVES it.

I don''t make her food unfortunately. When we''re home in the evening she usually has already had her dinner so it''s bottle and bed. Our weekends are always on the go and jarred food is a little easier for us. But we are experimenting with finger foods now and so far she''s loving it!
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, there was a thread about this some time ago. a search using the search tool in the right top should reveal it....congrats on exploring this! i hope you do! its worth it.

mz

Kay

Ideal_Rock
We made DD''s food for several months until she was old enough to move on to table food. We bought fresh veggies on sale, steamed large batches at once, pureed in food processor and froze in ice cube trays. We could churn out a few weeks worth of food in just a couple of hours on a weekend, often while cooking food for us at the same time. DD liked my cooking.
2.gif

I love this cook book. It has some recipes that are good for the whole family. You just puree the baby''s portion.
http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Baby-Wholesome-Homemade-Delicious/dp/1416599193/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270847481&sr=8-6

I preferred these trays to the silicone ones we tried.
http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Baby-Easy-Breast-Trays/dp/B0007CS4EU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1270847818&sr=8-1

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have children, but all the babies I''ve nannied for had parents who made their own infant food - same idea - steamed veggies and cooked meats, then pureed and frozen in small containers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results