shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet Tax Free, Maybe Not Much Longer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just read this article and thought I would pass it along.

Click Here

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So I guess this means we have to report our diamond purchase? Darn! However, my B/F and I ARE in California--do you think $20000 works under the statement of not reporting couple hundered dollar purchases?
2.gif

Thanks for sharing!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
IL has required that you report out of state purchases and pay taxes on them for years.
They do go after businesses about it but never heard of them going after individuals on it.
A few years back they hit several big companies with several million dollars worth of sales tax demands.
We tell our business customers who are insisting on going with Dell to save money to talk to their accountants about it.
If they claim the items as a business expense the state can very easily find out about it and is in fact if they haven’t starting using it already they will be soon using software to look for it.

JennyN

Rough_Rock
I live in Tennessee, and just a few months ago, I received a letter from the state asking me to pay sales tax on some furniture I had ordered online from North Carolina.

Apparently, they researched the records of the shipping company, which was licensed in Tennessee, to track this kind of thing down. Part of why I had purchased online was that the sales tax was a significant savings (approximately $400), so needless to say I wasn't happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results