shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to find a halo setting with a plain shank.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
I am interested in finding a setting which has been rather hard to find so I''ve finally decided to come here and ask for help!

What I''m looking for is a halo head with a plain shank. I think the look is so classic and smooth. However, I''ve had difficulty finding it. I''ve attached a pictures of the style of ring I have looking for- it is a LM. I don''t want a LM and to be honest, cannot afford LM.

Please help.
Thank you.
1.gif

r4134_005Ww.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What shape is your center diamond? My ring is like that and I had it made by Ocean Pearlman through High Performance Diamonds. Whiteflash offers one style that is like this for a round center stone. And I am sure that Engagement Rings Direct and Brian Gavin Diamonds would be happy to custom make you one.

Mine:

Layla%20Halo%20side%201.JPG

Layla%20Halo.JPG

Layla%20new%20halo%20garden%202a.JPG

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am currently looking for one too. These are all around $1500 in white gold.

Whiteflash has one: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/styles/solitaire/guinevere-solitaire-engagement-ring_1412.htm

Beverly K: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/102PP1/7/

Ritani: http://www.ritani.com/products/view/886/in_collection/3

And someone posted this gorgeous Mark Patterson the other day: http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/engagement-rings/mark-patterson-platinum-crescent-ring-mounting-R781PDB.html

I will look through my saved pics to find any others, this is what I can remember right now!

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Tacori 2620

ERD - custom settings (they can alter the shank to exclude the pave)
-> Ada, Annette, Noel, Rachel, Rhonda, Sheila, and the infamous Winnie

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 12:32:50 AM
Author: Gypsy

What shape is your center diamond? My ring is like that and I had it made by Ocean Pearlman through High Performance Diamonds. Whiteflash offers one style that is like this for a round center stone. And I am sure that Engagement Rings Direct and Brian Gavin Diamonds would be happy to custom make you one.

Mine:

Layla%20Halo.JPG

Gypsy,

Nice ring I think Ocean''s Pave work is excellent almost no metal shown and tiny prongs.
ERD''s is good (very good amongst CAD/CAM jewelers) and even but much bigger prongs and placed in a way that the diaonds can''t sit as close together like Ocean''s.

Have you seen Leon''s Pave and if so how would you describe the two? I have an Ocean piece but have never seen Leon''s in real life.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 12:32:50 AM
Author: Gypsy

Mine:

Layla%20Halo.JPG

The center stone will be a cushion! I am definitely in love with your ring. I will be contacting Wink in the future for something like yours! Beautiful.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 12:40:19 AM
Author: shimmer
I am currently looking for one too. These are all around $1500 in white gold.

Whiteflash has one: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/styles/solitaire/guinevere-solitaire-engagement-ring_1412.htm

Beverly K: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/102PP1/7/

Ritani: http://www.ritani.com/products/view/886/in_collection/3

And someone posted this gorgeous Mark Patterson the other day: http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/engagement-rings/mark-patterson-platinum-crescent-ring-mounting-R781PDB.html

I will look through my saved pics to find any others, this is what I can remember right now!
Of these I like the ritani the best. And Gypsy''s too! Different styles of pave though.

EllaMarie

Rough_Rock
When I was looking I saw a setting like the one you describe from bluenile.com for $1190. I don't know much about purchasing from them though.

bluenile_ring.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 5:56:32 PM
Author: EllaMarie
When I was looking I saw a setting like the one you describe from bluenile.com for $1190. I don''t know much about purchasing from them though.
I don''t think they sell their settings without a diamond purchase.

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 12:06:26 AM
Author:Jsmith8
I am interested in finding a setting which has been rather hard to find so I''ve finally decided to come here and ask for help!

What I''m looking for is a halo head with a plain shank. I think the look is so classic and smooth. However, I''ve had difficulty finding it. I''ve attached a pictures of the style of ring I have looking for- it is a LM. I don''t want a LM and to be honest, cannot afford LM.

Please help.
Thank you.
1.gif
Hi there - I was also thinking of a halo with a plain band... I love the pic you put up.. Would love to know if you find something..
19.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jsmith that style would look great with a cushion. I can't wait to see the ring you buy!

CCL-- I've seen Leon's pave, but only one example of it and it was a different style than mine and the melee smaller (so the prongs are smaller still)... but it was impecible. It was Swingirl's asscher ring. Her ring's pave is similar to Daniel K's in how fine it is. My melee are .01 so they aren't super teeny tiny. His prong work is just amazing period. I have 'claw' prongs on my diamond (the center stone) and my claw prongs are about 10 times bigger than those on Swingirl's Leon. And I haven't seen an example of Ocean's smallest pave in person.

bamcandr

Rough_Rock
omg gypsy I have been searching for pretty much your exact ring! I love the plain shank with a center diamond with the halo around it. Is that beading around the halo also because thats what I''ve been searching for!

I know I want pretty much exactly what you have, but I have a few questions. I have been trying to decide between the asscher cut, radiant cut, and cushion cut. I looooove the asscher (I beleive that is what you have) but I''m scared of a few things. Do you find that it looks dull next to the shiny halo little diamonds? When the jeweler makes it all nice it looks great, but I know its not as shiny as the other cuts and I don''t want it to ever look dull.

Also I''ve seen other rings that look like they have metal around the center stone kind of seperating it from the halo..does yours just have beads seperating it?

Anybody have any suggestions with what type of center diamond would look the best? I haven''t seen it in person, but I have been SEARCHING for pics of one just like yours. Let me know if you have anything to add. Thanks!

bamcandr

Rough_Rock
This one is similar to yours, but I def. love the plain band. This ring has the metal seperating the center diamond to the halo little diamonds. I''m not sure what I like better. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

LegacyAsh_MED.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi bam, how are you? Hope Jsmith doesn't mind the thread jack. I'm on a new computer so typing is really slow as I'm not used to the key board. So this will be a little brief. THe beading you like is milgrain it is an accent that is usually added after the fact and it looks great. You might want to look up some Beverly K setting for some inspiration as they have the style you seem to like. I don't have any milgrain on mine... what you are seeing is the tiny cuts in the metal attributable to style of pave used in my halo -- french cut pave. The metal band you've seen on some is usually because those diamonds are bezel set, not prong set. Mine, and the Leon Mage in this post are prong set. There is one halo that has a line AND prongs, and BGD makes it (I don't recall the name off the top of my head). My diamond is an asscher, and it is a well cut bright asscher, and actually the contrast between the melee in the halo and the step cuts in the center is one of my favorite aspects of my ring. Have you considered an Octavia (GOG carries them)? It is a proprietary step cut octagon cut for light performance. It would look amazing in a halo with a plain shank. If you can't decide between an asscher and a cushion the Octavia is a good candidate because it's got more facets than a regular asscher and the way it reflects light is beautiful, but still with the organized precision of a step cut at heart.

Hope this helps, and if you have any additional questions feel free to start your own thread and ask. :) Welcome and best of luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results