shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread March 8 - 14

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was beyond a long day. I was still at work till about 7. Another offer is likely in the works for a candidate, so things are still looking very good for a WOW kind of month. Dinner tonight was a nice healthy salad. Followed, but a not so healthy bowl of homemade popcorn! Sometimes, if you get an itcy, you just have to scratch it. And for whatever reason, we were (OK......Rod was) just craving some fresh popped (the kind of popcorn you pop yourself - NOT microwaved) popcorn.......Yummmmmm. Tomorrrow will be a gym night. My back is finally pretty much back to normal, so that''s good too.

Hello to you all. It''s already 10:30, so I''ll have to end this now. My apologies for not writing you all individually.

Lorelei, I did write BlackEyedDog about Charlie'' blue stone. I''m not sure I helped any, but did give support!

Have a good Thursday everyone........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Weds all!

Dragon, How''s your back/shoulder? Good luck on the eats. I eat healthy but too much! :) Ha wish we could balance each other out. Thanks for the advice, James doesn''t hate fish, but just would rather not eat it every week. He''s boring. I love mahi also. I grew up in FL (Miami) so we used to eat it a lot. James not so much but he really likes it. My brother caught some the last time we went to FL, and James thought it was delish :)

Lovely, Awesome you''re staying motivated. :) Hope you keep your workout buddy. I agree with Beach, brown rice is a great healthy alternative to white rice. Go you for getting through the week of birthdays. :) Hope you enjoy your Vegas trip. Hope you have fun. Yes, Vegas show tickets have gotten *quite* pricey now... Ugh! I''m like you, I can''t do anything for long on the treadmill.

Beach, hey! I hate the super huge company/department meetings. I mean, it''s boring and really just for the people giving the meetings, not so much for the attendees. I use google pedometer too. :) Awesome you pay attention to stretching. When I was younger I used to NEVER stretch. But now I totally need to now. Yup, yup, yup... Oooh, I *love* Torrontes also. We got into a Tempranillo kick last month. It went great with so much cozy winter food. :)

Apple, I love pork tenderloin. In the summer I grill it. Mmmmm!!!

Bubble, I love the stability balls! They''re so much fun. Even though there''s some super tough exercises on them, it''s still quite fun to be on a ball :) I''m glad you got some serious core action going :) We have a destination wedding in Mexico to go to in May, defnitely need to be bikini ready by then :)

Rod, yeah, hoping you get more great placements. Go you! I want to make popcorn with truffle oil Mmm.... I''m a HUUUUGE fan of truffle. It makes me weak in the knees. :)

Today went on an almost 3 miler with Sis and the dog! The dog was pretty good. She stopped shorted only 3 times, which isn''t bad for her first run of the season. :) Work''s been pretty decent.

That''s about it for me.

~Lisa

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 10:37:51 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.......It was beyond a long day. I was still at work till about 7. Another offer is likely in the works for a candidate, so things are still looking very good for a WOW kind of month. Dinner tonight was a nice healthy salad. Followed, but a not so healthy bowl of homemade popcorn! Sometimes, if you get an itcy, you just have to scratch it. And for whatever reason, we were (OK......Rod was) just craving some fresh popped (the kind of popcorn you pop yourself - NOT microwaved) popcorn.......Yummmmmm. Tomorrrow will be a gym night. My back is finally pretty much back to normal, so that''s good too.

Hello to you all. It''s already 10:30, so I''ll have to end this now. My apologies for not writing you all individually.

Lorelei, I did write BlackEyedDog about Charlie'' blue stone. I''m not sure I helped any, but did give support!

Have a good Thursday everyone........
Thanks pal!!!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Hello All! Man, this week is not a friend of mine. On top of all the shenanigans, I got a cold! Ick. I still went to the gym yesterday AM but I felt so hot, stuffy headed, sore throated that I barely worked out. I just did a moderate pace on the eliptical. I felt like such a loser, and then to top it off, I skipped the gym this morning. I''m working from home today, actually, local coffee shop since the FI works nights and is watching TV right now because its technically his 8:30pm. At least that''s a good part of the week!

My checking account is back to normal. The charges that were pending got cancelled. I guess because the thief only shopped online and didn''t have my billing address the system rejected it. WHEW! Glad that wasn''t as bad as it could have been!

Marcy - That seems so insane that people can do that!!! It''s almost safer to go back to cash these days...although then I couldn''t be the internet shopper that I am.

Lliang - Vancouver would be a blast!!! Our girls trip in ''09 was Houston, this year we''re thinking San Diego. Have a great trip! Post details! As for fish, Kyle hates fish, but he''ll actually eat Tuna. He likes lemon pepper steaks with a light pasta. He actually requested it Sunday and I jumped on it so fast! LOL.

LovelyHearts - Sorry about your team. Unfortunately sometimes your prof. will keep you in that group because the point of it is working with teams, even when you don''t get a long. One of those lessons in life, which believe me are more handy than Geometry in real life. LOL. Hopefully she works with you, otherwise sometimes they''ll know that you''re the harder worker and they will grade the group appropriately. CONGRATS on turning down cake! You''re my hero!!!!

BubbleBear - Glad you''re making progress. I can tell in your posts that you''re already starting to feel better! Keep it going sister!

Rod - Oh man, I love fresh popped popcorn. One of my absolute faves. So jealous! Hopefully you place that next candidate!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Almost Friday!

36.gif

I can’t believe we change our clocks this weekend. Spring ahead! Time just flies by, doesn’t it? My run went well; I used the treadmill, and really worked up a sweat. As some of you know I recently moved to CO in the beginning of November. When I first started running out here, it hurt to do 3 miles. It took about 3 months before I could start increasing distance, but I feel like my pace has decreased. So, I’m incorporating speed work into my weekly workout routine. I work very close to Red Rocks Amphitheater; the theater is a couple hundred feet above Denver’s elevation level, and has a trail that has some hills. When the sun starts setting later, I think I’ll run that trail a couple times per month for some additional training.

We had chicken tacos last night which were wonderful. I brought some leftover chicken for lunch and will make a salad with it. My workout tonight will be a 3 mile run and some strength training. I do abs most days unless they are sore.

Lisa- We need to compare our fav. wines. I really like wines from Argentina and Spain. Tempranillo I don’t really care for. I actually just started drinking red wines about 2 years ago. Before that, I was a white wine drinker. I really like Granache; it’s a mild red wine, almost comparable to a Rose`. I also see runners struggling with dogs on runs. I always feel so bad for them.

Apple- We’ll just spice our tenderloin with whatever we have, sear it for a minute on our cast iron, and pop it in the oven. Yum yum! I actually think it’s pork for dinner tonight.

BB- Vegas, Vegas! I love my stability ball, and solely use it for my ab exercises. Gotta love the feeling of sore abs, right?

Hi Rod! Your long days seem rough. Good for you to take the time to care for yourself by going to the gym!

Pinki- I hope you start feeling better soon. Working from a local coffee shop sounds fun!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my SLAM workout class today and had a great workout. Last night''s dinner and today''s lunch was wheat spaghetti with turkey meat sauce.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey all! We''re heading into the last half of Thursday work day woo hoo! Last night I worked out for about 50 mins. I started by doing a 4 set 8 rep weight workout I found online which includes squats, dead lifts, bench press, bicep curls, overhead press and I added lateral press. I did jump rope in between each set for 100 reps. After that was done I did chest flys, mountain climber, reclined twist with weight, lunge with twist, and reverse crunches 30 reps each. I ended with stretching. I''m still being careful of my low back, but it''s strengthening little by little.

Lliang - the shoulder seems to have found a cure. My low back twinges now and again, but less and less as days go by!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Another ''uber'' day for moi. Work was long. I''m still waiting for offers to come in, so I''m holding several candidate''s hands. I finally left work and went to the gym and worked out hard. My back is pretty much completely back to normal, so I lifted heavier weights tonight and didn''t experience any pain. I''m so grateful tomorrow''s Friday.

I feel badly I''m not writing each of you individually this week, but again, it''s almost 11 and I need to shut down and unwind enough to get to sleep. I hope everyone has a great Friday......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.My hand is bad tonight so I am trying to type without using my left thumb.We will see how well that works.LOL.Stupid thumb.

Marty is still at work.You guessed it – I was making us a nice supper when he called and asked me to bring him and some of the guys some burgers and fries.I had homemade low fat mac and cheese about ½ done when he called.I turned to oven down to 200 degrees, went and bought them their supper and came home and had some mac and cheese.It was actually perfectly done and quite tasty – or maybe I was really hungry by then.

Yesterday was awful at work.Stress and dealing with babies at work.I had a crown break off yesterday but I got in today to get it put back on and that is why I had “soft” food for supper.

Rod, glad you made it to the gym even though you are working so hard.That is great news about more candidates being placed and your back feeling better.

Lisa, I bet chili mac was good.I am glad your dog didn’t stop too many times on your run.

Dragonfly, I hope you aren’t as sore today.

LovelyHearts, sounds like your “team” and the team I deal with at work are peas out of the same pod.It is so frustrating.Glad to know you are motivated to work out.

Lorelei, ooh blue diamonds.

Beach Runner, rats for the brutal meeting.That is great you got in a great run.March Madness used to be magical reasons for sales in March – now I work with sports and big surprise – that is not what Marchmadness means.Moderation is right.My other 2 favorite Easter candies are pastel candy corn and the Robin’s eggs.Running near Red Rocks will be beautiful and a workout.

Appletini, your tenderloin sounds great.

Bubblebear, I am behind here too.I am trying not to use my laptop all night to see if it helps my hand.Yay for your abs feeling your workout.

Pinki, I am sure you were relieved they online charges were stopped.Glad to hear places were checking on the address.I hope you are feeling better.

Laters,

Marcy

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone, I hope you're all well! Sorry for the short post, I don't have much time. I've been super busy this week with school and have only had time to work out twice. Eating has been fine, no slip-ups lately. Other than being busy with school everything has been good!

Happy Friday, I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

PS: I get weighed at the doctors tomorrow, wish me luck!
9.gif

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I wish everyone a wonderful weekend. Just a quick update for me today: Cold is much better, woo hoo! I was able to go to the gym this morning and felt so good I did a hard 30 minutes on the elliptical and then did a 12% incline at 3mph walk on the treadmill for another 15 minutes. I feel so good now. Also, while the scale is broke and stuck at 173 for 2 weeks now I am proud to say that I am wearing jeans today that I have not been able to wear in over a year...and they feel a little loose! YIPPEE!

Here''s to a great weekend, I hope everyone can get out and enjoy some beautiful spring weather, change your clocks and make good decisions!

Cj

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Quick fly by! I got in 40 mins on the elliptical, 3 miles, and 300 something calories burned. I feel NOTHING... YAY!!!!!! So that was good. Last night I did light weights (no dead lifts, and squats with light dumbbells) some ab work and lots of jumping jacks/jump rope.
I''m averaging just over 1800 calories which I think is a good place for me considering I''m upping my activity again. Not sure what''s for dinner tonight. Have a great weekend!

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I got my Insanity workout in the mail today. YIPEE! I talked my husband into working out with me on some nights so this should be good. My only worry is that he might be too tired on some nights and that can throw me off my workout, but I''ve stressed to him how important it is to me to get my body back, and he said he''s on board. Those size 2 jeans look so lonely in the back of my closet....

We leave for Vegas in the morning and I haven''t finished packing yet. I''ve been working on the kid''s stuff since we''re dropping them off at my brother''s tonight. This is our first trip away from them... I am excited to get some alone time with hubby, but feel so sad. I started tearing this morning as I was putting them in their car seats this morning... how sappy am I!

Appletini – I’ve never heard of SLAM before… I’m going to google it after I post this.

Rod – I hope you finish up the week strong and get more offers today. It’s inspiring to hear about how you work all day and then hit the gym at night.

Marcy – Mind sharing your mac and cheese recipe? My 2 year old loves mac and cheese and I feel bad when I give her to boxed kind because I don’t know how to make it from scratch. It sounds yummy.

Pinki – I’m glad you’re feeling better! Congratulations on fitting into the jeans again. What an accomplishment! I can’t imagine how good that feels. Hopefully, I’ll be able to report like that soon…

Have a great weekend you guys! I probably won''t be posting again this weekend since I''ll be in Vegas (YEAH BABY!). See you guys next week!

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oopsi, I almost forgot...

BR - I tried brown rice last night for the first time last night (maybe 2nd...) and it was yummy. I loved the texture. I can definitely eat this stuff. Hec didn''t care for it too much and poured jalapeno juice on it to give it flavor (gross!). Now my challenge is how to trick him into eating healthy with me. He is trying, I can tell... but greasy Lays potatoe chips with a salad is not really my idea of eating healthy. Any suggestions on what brand of whole grain bread I should buy? The bread aisle intimidates me. I''ve been buying the same brand for the last 5 years...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

TGIF gang!
35.gif
Hope this notte finds everyone well.

Worked it hard today--felt the burn on the treadmill. Knee was mildly sore.

Enjoy your weekend folks!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........YAYAYAY for Friday. It was a loooong work day and I was the last one in the office for sure. Our boss is out of town, so when the cat's away, most of the mice did play. ALmost everyone straggled in around 9:30 and they were all gone by 5:00, if not before. I just have too much going on to slack off. No offers were fomally delivered today, but we're closer and that's a good thing. It was a really dreary and rainy day. I did meet Charlie for Sushi, which was terrific as usual. For a special treat for a hard week, we split a chocolate cupcake from Sbucks with decaf coffee. I'm having my eyes examined tomorrow morning, then we're going to a couple more furniture stores just to make sure we're 100% certain before buying the furniture we saw last weekend.

Marcy, you're going to have to have your hand checked by an orthopedist. It's just not a good thing to be in continuous pain. I'm so sorry work was tough and to top it all off, you had a crown break off. I'm glad you at least enjoyed the mac and cheese.....Sometimes confort food is just that......comforting.

BG, at least you worked out twice and that's terrific when you realize you been super busy!

I'm glad you're feeling better pinky. Yay for looser fitting jeans!!

You go dragon, your progress is always inspiring.........

LH, have a great trip to Vegas this weekend. A good friend of mine from the gym is going there this weekend too!

Hey Sharon........Yay for feeling the burn!!!

OK.......Have a great Saturday everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful day today! I did my walk/jog routine this morning for 30 mintues with a 3 min walk/7 min jog. I did my weekly grocery shop and made myself a chef salad for lunch at the salad bar. I think I''m going to wash my car so I can have an excuse to be outside.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......We had a really nice day today. First, it was absolutely, unbelievably beautiful weather. It was about 70 degree''s, blue skies, a slight breeze, and no humidity. Perfect really! I had my eyes examined today. I haven''t had an eye exam in about 2 years, so I was overdo. They''ve changed a bit, so I''m having new lenses made for one pair of frames I already own, but really love. Then we went shopping to several furniture stores and it helped us confirm that the furniture we found last weekend is exactly what we want. We''ll likely place an order in the next couple weeks. We tried a brand new restaurant that recently opened for dinner tonight. It''s actually really cool. It''s called Seasons 52 and is already really popular. We got there at 5:15 and there was already an hour wait for a table. It''s all about healthy foods, with no dish having more than 470 calories. I had carmelized scallops with sundried tomato pearl pasta and asparagus. Charlie had fresh caught red grouper over shrimp risoto and steamed brocolli. Both dishes were terrific. And they have all these mini desserts, like mango cheesecake, or key lime pie, in little individual glasses and none of them are over 350 calories. We got two to share. They were so good and just enough to satisfy our sweet tooth. Tomorrow, we''ll have a pretty routine Sunday, with a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon.

Hey Apple.........I''m glad you also had a beautiful day and I hope you enjoyed being outside while washing your car!

To everyone else who hasn''t checked in, I hope it''s because you had splendid weather and were out enjoying a very nice Saturday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Saturday!We had a beautiful day here and I did not go for a walk. “ Why?” you might ask.Well, Marty did some plumbing work in both bathrooms so naturally I had to clean afterwards – then I just kept going but I do have my laundry done and my house is clean.The best part of that is tomorrow I only have to buy groceries.

I made us toast, eggs and cheese sandwiches for breakfast (45 cal per slice wheat bread, 1 small egg and 2% provolone) and they really hit the spot.We have some burgers on the grill with baked potatoes for lunch and then we had an apple turnover with slow churned ice cream for supper.

I got my astronomy newsletter made tonight so I just need to work on a program about galaxies for the meeting next week.

Burberrygirl, I hope your weigh in at the doctor went well.

Pinki, congratulations on wearing an old pair of jeans that feel loose.Woo hoo!I m glad to hear your cold is better.

Dragonfly, that is wonderful you are working out a lot and not feeling any pain from it.

LovelyHearts, good luck with the insanity workout.I hope you have a blast in Vegas.I will post my mac and cheese recipe in another post.It is very easy to make.

Sharon, hope your knee gets better.

Rod, it is kind of funny how people goof off when the boss is gone.I am too busy to notice.Your cupcake sounds great.I am glad the weather was so nice today.We get those little shot glasses of desserts sometime too; they are just the right size.

Appletini, I sure need to get my car washed too.I am glad you had some outdoor activity.

Laters,

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mac and Cheese

8 oz macaroni - cooked and drained

Combine in casserole dish sprayed with non stick spray:

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use the 2%)
1 cup sour cream (I use lite)
12 oz small cottage cheese (I get the 1% fat)
1 egg
The cooked macaroni
Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, pakrika, garlic)

Mix well then bake for 20 - 30 minutes at 350 until bubbly

The regular recipe says it serves 6 - 8 at 355 calories per serving - with using the light ingredients it would be less fattening

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday all!!!

Just a quick fly-by. Took my brace and my crutches over the gym and did some arms. Figure there is no point in my upper body going to hell too, LOL!

Going to be relatively warm here (50s-ish) all week. And thank god because I am stuck in skirts for who knows how long...
39.gif
Hope everyone else is having good weather too!

35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, glad to hear you went to the gym anyway. When do you see the doctor next?

We had waffles for breakfast and went grocery shopping. We are ready to cook lunch now but the in-laws are stopping by soon so we are waiting for them. Marty made himself some spicey curry ribs and he is cooking me a burger on the grill. I will have some baked lays with it. Since it is so late we probably won''t eat supper.

Have a great day.
Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Another beautiful day. I did some yardwork this afternoon followed by an hour walk.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday.

I have spring break this week but will continue to grade papers anyway. I need to go to the school and pick up my things and turn in my keys. I don’t want them saying I took anything so will have someone watch what I am taking.

It was nice having all my work done yesterday because today wasn’t so rushed. We went grocery shopping and I worked on my program on galaxies for our astronomy meeting.
It got pretty cold here today but we didn’t have any snow yet.

Appletini, I can’t imagine doing yard work yet but I did find 2 – count “em – 2 spiders in our house today. Marty hates spiders so I suggested he spray around the house already. I don’t mind them but I am not thrilled to find them either.

I am going to start watching the new series on HBO “The Pacific” tonight. I just finished up watching the other WWII series “Band of Brothers” yesterday. I am pretty interested in history.

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was just so spectacular today. We''re heading into the most beautiful time of the year in Tampa. Mid-March through May is just so incredible down here. We really cleaned the primary terrace this morning. It looks so nice and clean. We should be able to sit outside soon and enjoy it! We had a pretty typical Sunday. Lunch at Panera, coffee at Sbucks under the oak, followed by a really long, but productive workout at the gym. We only get to work out together once each week, so it''s more fun when we can lift weights together and spot each other. I even enjoy the elliptical more when we''re pushing each other side-by-side. Charlie makes me work harder on the elliptical!!
3.gif
We had steak and steamed brocolli for dinner. We don''t have read meat too often, but I was just craving some beef, so it was a nice treat. Tomorrow, we have an appointment in the afternoon at the new condo. We''re meeting with them to give them our paint color choices (we''ve decided on a couple different shades of Aqua) and to pick out our wood floors (we''re doing wood throughout the entire space) and we also have a closet company coming to measure the closets (we have to customize them in order to house all the clothes and shoes we own). It should be fun, plus I get to leave work early.....Woo Hoo!!

I''m so glad you had a pretty day in WY., Marcy!! I hope the really cold and snowy weather is over for you. The mac and chees recipe sounds really good......yummmm!

OK, I''m a bad friend DeeJay......I clearly didn''t read why you are on crutches?? If you see this, please let me know what happened. Hugs to you dear friend.........

Woo Hoo for a beautiful day Apple!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am sure you are going to enjoy your nice clean deck in the lovely spring weather. I will believe we won''t get any more snow maybe on June 7th. Silly snow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results